Translate

Thursday, December 18, 2025

7 Days till Christms

 We had our cousins lunch and it was wonderful to see everyone. The food was good but the company was even better! They came at 11 and left a little after 4. We had a great time remembering all the holidays we were together when we were kids, and of course general catching up with each other's families. I feel so lucky to have my extended family, all who have known me at my best and my worst, and love me anyway.

In a perfect world we would see each other more often, but then it might not feel as special.

And tonight TheHub and I will eat lots of leftovers and watch a Christmas movie.

Amazon delivered the last packages I was waiting on from them, however I have one present for TheHub that is still AWOL. I ordered it quite a while ago and I have received updates that it had left England, but there has been radio silence since the 13th. I hope it comes before Christmas since it was TheHub's main gift from me, and I really don't want to get out this late in the season to hunt for something else.

Speaking of last minute shopping.This might be appropriate for any of you in a Christmas panic.




12 comments:

  1. I love the cousin lunch! What a great tradition. And I'll cross my fingers for your parcel to arrive very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so nice to see everyone and there were a lot of laughs

      Delete
  2. Yikes on the present! Hope it arrives soon! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It either will or it won't. I checked today and it seems to have landed in the states so maybe it will make it here.

      Delete
  3. Your cousins lunch sounds like a lovely holiday tradition. I do hope your husband's gift arrives in time for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you enjoyed your cousin lunch. I'm sure it was a lot of fun. I hope the package arrives in time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish that I saw my cousins more, but they all live hours and hours away. So happy that you had a good visit with yours. I love the song you shared with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your present for dh arrives in time. Your lunch with the cousins sounds great. I love getting together and visiting with family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun video! Thanks for sharing.
    Your family lunch sounds like a rousing success.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad the Cousin Luncheon was a success. Your menu sounds just like what my DIL put together last week. I hope that's the new trend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the gift arrives and the cousins lunch sounds great. The video is wonderful!

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to do this with my nearby cousins. what a great idea. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls, spam, and AI. I delete those suckers forever.