Translate

Friday, July 10, 2026

Oh no! Just (under) 6 month till Christmas

June came and went in an eye blink. I had visions of being in Europe and bringing back all sorts of gifts I would never be able to find here.

It turns out people like me who do not like to shop, don't really want to shop no matter what country they are in. Our river cruise tours kept us very busy with little free time anyway, and the last thing I wanted to do was shop.

So I came home from this trip of a lifetime, and the only thing I brought home that even remotely relates to Christmas, was a few addresses of folks we met that I added to our Christmas card list.

Then we were home for just a few days before going to the beach for a quick trip, and nothing was done toward any Christmas prep.

I guess you could say, I flunked Christmas prep in June. Hope springs eternal and there is always July!



21 comments:

  1. Maybe I'll join you in planning for Christmas early, this year. Perhaps I might actually get my Christmas cards done before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny! I have already started looking at Christmas Cards.

      Delete
  2. Planning early sounds great, but as I'm laying here flunked out in a heatwave you'll have to forgive my lack of enthusiasm right now. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. We are living on Hell’s front porch right now also, but we do have a/c and a pool so life is bearable.

      Reply

      Delete
  3. Well, it was your trip and a pit the experience so I'd have done the same. A little browse, sure, but to spend vacation time shopping would not be my cup either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don’t like to shop. I must have been standing behind the door when the shopping gene was handed out

      Delete
  4. Another thing we have in common! I do not like to shop. At all. I don't know if it is the people, the commotion, or the choices... whatever it is, it is not for me! I am starting to make lists, and I do have a few gifts I saw that I got and put in my little closet. But that is it! And man, is it hot?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even as a teen when everybody loved to shop, I didn’t. When I am out, I do look for things. I also keep my lists and add to them every time I hear someone mention something they might like, but as for going to the stores and just browsing for items, it is not my thing.

      Reply

      Delete
  5. I think shopping while on vacation should be outlawed! Great song choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will shop under duress, but I am one of those go in get what I came for and get out shoppers.
      Never on a trip of any kind.

      Delete
  6. I'm with you on no shopping on a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually shopped in the gift shop on the boat haha! I did buy Christmas ornaments in multiple places, but not many other things! The older I get, the less I like to shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about buying an ornament from each country, but that would mean having to go into a store rather than having a coffee on a cobblestone street while people watching. (This was the only place I have ever seen two male buskers playing classical music on harps. That was worth the watch! Even more fun was watching them pack up and move to a more profitable location)

      Delete
  8. I don't enjoy shopping either, so I totally understand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Long ago I enjoyed shopping. Now, I dislike going in stores for a myriad of reasons…drive, noise, crowds, lack of inventory, crappy quality of items in stock, particularly clothing. I almost always leave disappointed. I DO however, enjoy the dopamine rush of stopping by the thrift shop if it’s on my way, and finding a needed item for pennies, like sheets, kitchenware, or my latest find, a black leather Calvin Klein tote bag with tags still attached for $35, which fits Daughter’s laptop perfectly! If I swing by and find nothing, I am not disappointed.
    In any case, your vacation time is yours to spend as you please!
    -Meg B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest as much as I loved going through Central Europe, it was not a restful vacation. The last thing I wanted to do was compound everything by shopping.

      Delete
  10. The Christmas countdown! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will turn around twice and blink a few times and it will be late October, which is when my holiday panic starts.

      Delete
  11. Happy Monday. Hope all is well
    rkrsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad I checked because I haven't been getting notices of any of your posts. For a while, I knew you were on vacation, but wasn't sure after that. Anyway, welcome back glad to know that all is well in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls, spam, and AI. I delete those suckers forever.