Translate

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

possibilities

This was a pretty simple week for meals, especially since I planned 2 nights out to eat. The only planned meal we did not have was the steak dinner, which will carry over to this week's possiblities.


Out to eat (planned final dinner with Son1, Pip. Son2 and DIL2) 
Out to eat  
Soup and tomato sandwich
BBQ meal leftovers
Tacos and fixings
Steak, baked potato, tossed salad
BLT salad, toast


Am I a master of going out to eat or what???

Son3 is working in Birmingham for about 12 days and staying at our house. He may or may not be eating with us for dinner, but I am planning meals that will be easy for him to grab on the fly. 
I made this week's suggestions with the hope of having all meals at home, but with the understanding most likely we will go out to eat or take out one night.


This week's possibilities
1. Spaghetti, meat sauce, tossed salad
2. Grilled fish, rice, grilled veggies
3. Steak, baked potato, tossed salad
4. White bbq chicken, potato salad, coleslaw
5. Lemon garlic chicken thighs, brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes
6. Veggie dinner TBD
7. Hot dogs with all the fixings, dilled green beans, baked beans, chips






21 comments:

  1. My daughter passed on zuchini so fritters/ burgers whatever they might be called are calling to me. I finally finished leftovers from bookclub ( that weren't froze) with the exception of cheese, gam, and salami so think might use them in some sort of grilled wrap tomorrow when my sister comes over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It is just grilled chicken slathered with Big Bob Gibsons white bbq sauce

      Delete
    2. I was wondering too! Sounds delicious!

      Delete
  3. Have I figured out that your hotdog meal means you are watching baseball?
    Enjoy your time with your son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazingly not this time. I bought hot dog buns for Pip and they need to be used

      Delete
  4. I've always loved that song. It never fails to make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grilled fish and steak sound like music to my ear :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THe fish was great. I know the steaks will also be delicious

      Delete
  6. eating out for dinner is a great idea! we are heading out to Japanese tonight. Yay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been doing too much eating out and need to eat at home, but it does not hurt my feelings that I hae not had to cook much at all.

      Delete
  7. Looks and sounds good, my friend. Enjoy having your son at home! I am going to look for the white sauce now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so simple to make. We have it a lot https://www.askchefdennis.com/alabama-white-sauce-white-bbq-sauce/

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a great meal plan! Enjoy your time with Son3. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is working here so we will see him very little but that is ok. Seeing him a little is better than not seeing him at all.

      Delete
  9. Your meals sound delicious, but eating out is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been overdoing it and even though I enjoy not cooking sometimes, I actually am one of those folks who really does like to cook. The cleanup? Not a big fan. It is the only downside to me of cooking.

      Delete
  10. What kind of lettuce are you buying and where are you buying it? We haven't ventured back out to salads yet. How exciting to have your son with you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been buying only organic romaine hearts. To be designated organic they have to have the farm listed and I make sure I am getting lettuce from mid western or northern farms. I understand harvesting is where the bacteria is coming from not necessarily how it is grown, so I am being incredibly careful washing 2x, spin drying, then blotting to completely dry each leaf. It is kind of a pain so I do all the hearts at one time, then I am storing them wrapped in cotton dish towels in the fridge.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls, spam, and AI. I delete those suckers forever.