Translate

Friday, March 8, 2019

Bossy, Bossy March

Have you ever noticed what a bossy month March is? I know there are other months that arrive and present us with a lot of demands, but they usually give back a lot of fun equal to the effort the month requires. March is a different beast entirely.

It is windy and unpredictable. One day will be frigid and the next it will be hot. March demands your closet be prepared for multi seasons. Do I wake and wear shorts and flip flops or do I need a coat and scarf? Or better yet, will the day begin really cold and warm up to the 80's by mid day so you sweat all afternoon or vice versa, and you wind up freezing your tail off.

March means I have to get a lot of yard work done. All planting beds need to be cleaned and readied for whatever I decide to plant, roses need their spring haircuts, planters have to be filled with fresh soil, and the pollen__in about two weeks it will begin the annual pollen dump.  Gross!

March also demands any repairs to the exterior of the house or fences that were put off until the weather changed be done before the spring rains begin. It is just demanding over all with little payoff, except that it will be over in 31 days.

So hit me with your best shot, March. I am ready. (I think/hope) Meanwhile I have a little list of what I would like to happen each week during this bossy month. I am waging war with its demands and trying to carve some simple pleasures into it.

These are my aims for each week in March.

1.  Either go to or rent a movie to watch by myself
2.  Listen to a new album (thanks Spotify)
3.  Read a book
4.  Facetime with Pip
5.  Talk to each son and/or DIL
6.  Create something
7.  Rearrange a room (Can be full furniture re-arranging or just changing a few things)
8.  Get rid of one item each day
9.  Meet up with a friend/friends for fellowship (at least coffee but not excluding a meal)
10. Have a home cooked ethnic meals
11. Use the "good" stuff (china, crystal, silverware)
12. Burn candles (when cleaning out I found a stash of nearly 20 scented candles in varied states of prior use)
13. Spa Day (really means spa hour for some self indulgent "treatment")
14. Keep nails polished and at least consider wearing rubber gloves  Inspired by Susan  at Retirement Fun(ds) who has a daily goal of wearing lipstick.

18 comments:

  1. LOL....around here March isn't so much Bossy as Schizophrenic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Around here March screams get it done and get it done right now or you will be too late.

      Delete
    2. Agreed! I am on my phone, but at least I can communicate now. Laptop is in car.

      Delete
    3. Agreed! I am on my phone, but at least I can communicate now. Laptop is in car.

      Delete
  2. This March so far is just a cold B**tch. I am hoping she gets a big more congenial

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had hoped March would let up a little since we had a couple of days of sunshine and warming temps, but the forecast for Saturday is storms, torrential rains and high winds.

      Delete
  3. I think your March is April or May here, so we just have old boring Winter now and I'm getting tired of it. Looking forward to when we have a flip-flop day. You know some day you list is going to inspire me to make one of my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been a weird winter here. We have had both extreme cold and extremely warm temps with rain and rain and more rain.
      Lists are good as long as you accept that life happens and intentions don't always work out.

      Delete
  4. March is being both bossy and soggy, over here! You show that March who is the boss! Hope you attain your weekly goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is beyond soggy now. If this keeps up I am buying a submarine.

      Delete
  5. As you are aware already, our March is still the dead of winter here. In the past, I have seen the robins by the end of February. Not this year. No matter how late or early Spring arrives, there WILL be snow flurries in April. They may not stay, but they will come. Our bossy month doesn't arrive until May. Spring will last just a few days, and then we will jump right into summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a very short spring also, but March just can't make up its mind if it is winter or spring. We have at least a 5 month summer but sometimes we get 6 months often have days in November that are more than toasty. If spring is your favorite season you seriously get gypped if you live here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never thought of a month as bossy! I see what you mean though and I'm not sure if I should wish it to pass quickly or slowly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I no longer wish for time to speed up. I have been through many of March's antics in my life now and I am used to her unpredictability, but she is still one bossy lady!

      Delete
  8. I love this! March, April, and May in our neck of the woods are bossy B's! It's all perspective I guess regarding wardrobe-we'll have people wear shorts in the 40's in March, but 40's in November they are in long coats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are not that brave here, except for preteen boys who seem to wear shorts every single day, regardless of the temperature. I think I have worn a coat or jacket maybe 5 times this year. It is rarely colder than hoodie weather.

      Delete
  9. March is driving me bananas. SO erratic on the weather front, and will it ever stop raining? I feel like I'm back in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had so much rain that the rivers can't keep up with the run off. Random flooding has been a side effect of all this rain, plus the shady part of my back yard is now covered with moss. That has never happened before.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.