Translate

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

February Wrap Up

This is a recounting of some weekly joys I wanted to happen each week of February. I actually started counting the first week on the first Monday of the month, so this will go through March 3. On March 4th I will begin a new countdown. I might keep these same aims of might decide to do something else entirely. I guess time will tell.

1. Either go to or rent a movie to watch by myself . Most likely I will rent movies. Flu season is here and honestly I try to limit my exposure to it
Week 1: Rented The Wife (I see why Glenn Close is winning awards)
Week 2:  Rented Bohemian Rhapsody and Black Klansman (Both fabulous movies)
Week 3: Rented  First Man
Week 4: Fail

2. Read 1 book a week . Previously I wanted to read 2 per week and there may be some weeks it happens, but it is more realistic for me to aim for 1 per week, unless they are fluff books.
Week 1: The Senator's Wife (So glad this was a free Kindle book. 1 star because it is the lowest rating I can give)
Week 2: Fail. I was swallowed by the week and had little time for reading
Week 3: The House of Closed Doors
Week 4: Fail though I started 3 different books

3. Have one ethnic meal a week (home cooked) 
Week 1: Chinese New Year Meal
Week2 : Didn't happen
Week 3: Fail
Week 4:  Hungarian Goulash. This is a stretch but this is my blog so I am counting it.


Week 3:  4. Have one day (OK an hour, maybe) dedicated to pampering myself. (Facial, at home manicure/pedicure, or some similarly indulgent thing requiring potions or lotions)
Week 1: At home pedicure
Week 2: At home facial
Week 3: Much overdue manicure
Week 4: Manicure refresh and another facial

5. Have some sort of outing with TheHub at night. Coffee and conversation/ dinner out/ concert or play/ can be anything as long as we leave the house, so even going to Walmart would count as long as we shop together. (If we are in a hurry and go separate ways in the store to gather and get out as quickly as possible it will not count) 
Week 1. Warm night so we went out to eat bbq
Week 2. Valentine's dinner at Satterfields
Week 3.  Went to a wine tasting at a local grocery store. Enjoyed talking with the                  wine rep and a couple of other tasters, tasting, and buying a few bottles                  of new to us wine. Plus we had an unexpected dinner out on Friday
Week 4: Saturday night we went to the Heart Ball (underwhelming)
                Sunday we saw Beautiful. It was beyond fantastic. If you get a chance, see it!                   
 6. Spend time in quiet meditation
Week 1; fail
Week2: Done
Week3: Partially 
Week 4: Done

7. Tackle a room or closet to declutter/rid of excess
Week 1: Dining Room
Week 2: Living room
Week 3: Fail
Week 4: Foyer (cleaned, decluttered, and rearranged)

8. FaceTime with Granddaughter 
Week 1: Watched her open her Valentine box plus talked about important things like dance class and school
Week 2: Had a fun conversation
Week 3:  Fail. She was busy and our time difference makes it difficult sometimes, but I did have some phone time with her when she was in the car going from one place to another. Also learned some important information.  Gummy worms are probably not made with real worms so I can eat them without being scared. Good to know.
Week 4: Played a protracted game of Rock, Paper, Scissors via FaceTime


9. Talk via phone with all 3 sons and/or wives
Week 1: Done
Week 2: Done (BTW I have 3 wonderful DIL's)
Week 3: Done 
Week 4: Done




21 comments:

  1. That should be the marketing campaign for gummy worms...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good goals. And you did reasonably well, I think. Good luck with March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As the demands with Mom get greater and greater I think I am pleased with reasonably well.

      Delete
  3. Gosh I am so glad to know gummi worms are safe. I always worried.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't even heard of any of those movies, I am so out of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take a rainy day and watch trailers of up coming movies, then I make a list of whatever looks good at the moment and usually wait for them to come out as a Redbox movie. I have a hard time paying theater prices to see something I can enjoy just as well from my couch at home

      Delete
  5. I don't really like gummi worms, but now that I know what they are NOT made of, I may give them another try. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you, life changed as soon as I found out I was not eating real worms. I still don't care for the gummi texture real worms or not!

      Delete
  6. I've been wanting to see Bohemian Rhapsody, so glad to hear it was good. Also, very happy to hear gummi worms aren't made of real worms. I can hardly wait until my grandson is old enough (he's 2) to share such words of wisdom with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been writing down Pip's lessons for life and plan on giving them to her in bound form for her 21st birthday.

      Delete
  7. You are killing this!

    Do you feel you are living more fully?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and no. When a week passes and I don't do something in my control (like reading a book) I feel like I failed the week. I am an all or nothing personality.

      Delete
  8. If you asked me what I did week by week last month, I would have no clue. Do you keep a journal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really. I copy and paste my list and just have it saved as a future post then it becomes a fill in the blank type of thing. I try to update it every few days while I still have a memory of whatever I did. Honestly the fail weeks are the easiest because I don't have to remember squat.

      Delete
  9. These are such admirable goals, and you have been so successful at meeting them. All of them require some degree of effort and I admire that. I hope to grow up to be more like you someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A degree, maybe, but a minimal degree. (Except for the decluttering and cleaning. I hate that part and it requires real effort because I dislike it so)

      Delete
  10. I love the info about gummy worms not being made from real worms! I'm so glad you are writing down Pip's lessons for life! That is going to be an awesome gift!

    Well done on getting in that self care during the month - facials, pedicures, manicures, etc. So important when you are busy caring for the well being of others! You did quite well in several other areas, too. Don't be too hard on yourself when it comes to goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not being too hard. If I don't list them I will never get them done, and even then things happen that foil me. This week I was talking with a friend and I said i was hoping to do something (no idea what it was) and she told me what her mom always said to her. "Don't just hope it done__do it"

      Delete
  11. I got back from Sri Lanka yesterday so am just catching up on my reading. I saw "The Wife" on the flight over and you're right. Glen Close was brilliant. It's not a film I would have chosen to go to the cinema to watch but as a captive audience I have to admit she was wonderful (as was Jonathan Pryce)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had read about it long before it came out, and had actually planned on seeing it at the theater, but it opened here right as flu season hit. The down side of TheHub's job is that he gets reports from the CDC on a regular basis, so we always know geographically where our area is when it comes to infectious disease contagion probabilities. It tends to limit our entertainment choices certain times of the year. So I waited until it was available to rent.
      I am not a germaphobe, but I have to tend to Mom regularly and I don't think she would survive the flu, so for the past few years we have all been obsessively careful, even though we all get flu shots.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.