Translate

Friday, June 7, 2019

Chili Lime Grilled Chicken

Recently I bought some boneless skinless chicken thighs, put them in the refrigerator and promptly forgot about them for a couple of days. When I finally remembered they were here I had to do something with them (meaning cook them) that day. I put half of them in the crock pot to make crack chicken, but it was beautiful and I wanted to cook the remaining outside. I had planned on having bbq chicken but it did not sound good, so I made a quick marinade, dunked the chicken in it and let it lollygag in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator until right before dinner time.

Chili Lime Marinade

4 tablespoons olive oil
juice of 2 limes
zest of 1 lime
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon sugar or sugar substitute (I used swerve)
6 medium boneless chicken thighs. I like mine skinless but that is a personal choice.


Mix everything but the chicken well. My personal theory is since this is going to hang out in a zip lock bag anyway just mix everything in the bag. I pour it all in, zip it and squish everything around until it is all mixed well, toss the chicken on top of it, get the air out of the bag, make sure the zipper is tight and stick it in the meat drawer until showtime.
Heat the grill, remove the chicken from the marinade and pop the thighs on the grill. Cook until about halfway done, flip those puppies over and finish cooking. They are so good.

I am sorry I did not take a picture but Son2 and DIL2 ate with us and all the evidence was eaten before a pic could be taken.

14 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful marinade! I should try that, although, considering what I have are an abundance of lemons, I might use lemon juice, instead of lime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would imagine lemon would work just as well. If I had cilantro on hand I would have used some of it too.

      Delete
  2. I do love a citrus based marinade - and the herbs and spices you used get regular work outs here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have auxiliary food storage in the laundry room and now keep back ups to the back ups for my regularly used spices and herbs.

      Delete
  3. My son made something similar to this with grilled chicken breasts yesterday and it was quite good. Sometimes chicken breasts on the grill can be tricky since they don't have much fat, but he did a good job. I usually overcook them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do not like the breasts grilled for that reason, so I tend to buy the boneless, skinless thighs. Of course it is cook's error on my part since I tend to over cook the beasts also.

      Delete
  4. That marinade sounds delicious! I use a Kraft salad dressing (with lime in it) as a marinade...because I'm lazy and I love how it tastes. The last I bbq'd chicken I used balsamic vinaigrette as my marinade and it was even better. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used dressing as a marinade too! It works well.

      Delete
  5. That sounds delicious. I like to boil chicken breasts before I grill them. Otherwise, they are either raw or overcooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very good marinade. During the summer I use the grill a lot and am always looking for a new tastes for our often grilled foods.

      Delete
  6. I made this tonight and it was delicious. Keep 'em coming please!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What are your financial needs? Do you need a business loan? Do you need a personal loan? Do you want to buy a car? Do you want to refinance? Do you need a mortgage loan? You need a huge capital to start their business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and Do you think that there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists then call or send message via citvendorfinance@gmail .com or WhatsApp +1 (747) 223-7461

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good day everyone my name is Santiago Matías, i am a citizen of Ecuador i was seriously in need of an urgent loan to support my oil and gas company and i got my loan of $1,000,000.00 from a genuine loan lender called peter loan company. And now i'm very happy that i have finanlly raised and build up my company. If there is anyone who is also in need of an urgent loan should kindly contact peter loan company now on their Email Adress (peterloanfirmcompany112@gmail.com) or kindly whattsapp them on (+2349063879939) and get your loan now........ They do offer any types of loans to individuals, student, workers, company's owners and every other person. Do you need a loan to finance, assist and support your bussiness, pay school fees, pay bill, grow up your company, open a super market or open a bussiness center or have you been searching for loan for a very long time? kindly contact peter loan company offers now on email (peterloanfirmcompany112@gmail.com) or whattsapp them on (+2349063879939) And put an end to your broblems...... Apply now......... Get your loan immediately and celebrate with your own testimony thanks.......Best regurd.
    Remain Bless........

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.