Translate

Sunday, June 2, 2019

So Long May

This month flew by. I have no idea where it went or if I even participated in it. This is my monthly list of things I want to do each week to make me feel a little better and to enhance life. It is not a to-do list of chores. Those appear every day on a piece of paper with check marks for things I complete  or circled items, undone and  to be moved to the next day. These are just little extras and I truly refuse to feel bad if they don't get done, but if I see it on a regular basis, I am reminded to take a little time to smell the proverbial roses. As usual I will repost this but I am adding at least one thing, omitting another and changing a third to something more appropriate for right now.


1.  Either go to or rent a movie to watch by myself
Week 1: Fail
Week 2: Fail (too much going on right now)
Week 3: Green Book
Week 4: Mary Queen of Scots


2.  Listen to a new to me album (thanks Spotify)
Week 1: Jambayla John Boutté
Week 2: Cafe Bleu The Style Council (really good btw)
Week 3: In the Basement: The Chess Recordings Sugar Pie DeSanto
Week 4: Joshua Judges Ruth Lyle Lovett

3.  Read a book
Week 1: Gone Daddy Gone by Cheryl Bradshaw
Week 2: Promposal by Sariah.  Lame book I picked up for free via Bookbub. Don't bother reading it, even if it is still free.
Week 3: Tell  No One by Barbara Taylor Sissel
Week 4: A Night at the Opera by Sir Dennis Forman


4.  FaceTime with Pip
Week 1: Done
Week 2: Done Thanks to FT I got to see a brand new first lost tooth right after it happened.
Week 3: Fail
Week 4: Done


5.  Talk to each son and/or DIL
Week 1: Done
Week 2: Done
Week 3: Done
Week 4: Done

6.  Create something
Week 1: Fail (Unless you count creating a mess as creative activity)
Week 2: Reupholstered the breakfast room chairs.  Bottoms were a piece of cake, backs__ not so easy.
Week 3: I am obviously not in the mood to create anything and instead am just trying to catch up.
Week 4: Nope

7.  Rearrange a room (Can be full furniture re-arranging or just changing a few things)
I am giving myself a somewhat on this. I moved and changed things in various degrees in several rooms but made no wholesale changes in any single room. I am having to create sleeping spaces for 9 guests (OK 7 guests, Son3 and DIL3 are not counting as guests) and am trying to give each as much privacy as possible. I am probably only going to do necessary rearranging right now.

8.  Get rid of one item each day
Goodwill received well over 30 items

9.  Meet up with a friend for coffee or a meal
Week 1. Bookclub dinner
Week 2. Nope
Week 3. Nope
Week 4.Meal with our Mandarin class

10. Have an ethnic meal
Week 1: Chinese take out
Week 2: Fail
Week 3: Fail
Week 4: Ate Chinese

11. Use the "good" stuff (china, crystal, silverware) or eat on the deck casually. 
Week 1: Fail
Week 2: Fail
Week 3: Dinner on the Deck
Week 4: Deck meal

12. Burn candles daily
Did this about half the time. Now that it is summer  and I don't think the "warm" feeling of a candle is necessaryI might boot this anyway.

13. Spa Day (really means spa hour for some self indulgent "treatment")
Halfway did this each week. 

14. Fingernail polish, wear it!.
Kept the polish on every day this Month

15: Contact someone I have recently been out of touch with either by phone, email, or text
Week 1: Fail
Week 2: Fail
Week 3: Fail
Week 4: Fail, though I did send a couple of Sympathy cards to friends I have not seen in a while who have had losses recently.

16: Take Mom somewhere just to get her out of her house. Right now even the grocery store could be considered an outing. (I might change this to having Mom up for a lunch or dinner)
Week 1: Fail (but this is not due to lack of offering)
Week 2: Ditto
Week 3: Took Mom to the doctor then to get her a milkshake.
Week 4: Fail

17: Try something different. The door is wide open on this one!
Week 1: I am filling this in the second week of May and don't remember if I tried something or not.
Week 2: Tried to learn Country Line Dancing (not a fan)
Week 3: Planted several new to me plants (They may or may not work in this climate)
Week 4: Did not even try to do anything different and don't care that I did not try.

And now May is in the books and the door has opened to June!  Here's to a great and glorious summer for all unless you are in the other hemisphere and if so, happy winter! While you are getting out your winter coats I have swimsuits drying on a rack on the deck and am dreaming of perfectly ripe tomatoes.
Have a great June!

15 comments:

  1. Perfectly ripe tomatoes? Bliss.
    I am enjoying our winter.
    I do love your list each month and should try something similar. Sadly I suspect I would fail often and WOULD beat myself up over it. Something I already do too much of.
    Have a great month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finding as I age I am getting a tad easier on myself.
      Perfectly ripe tomatoes are my favorite. I plan on savoring them this summer. When the temps here hit 100 I will be having winter envy!

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure I'd ever be as ambitious to try a list like yours. I'm retired and I never to read a book a week...just where is all my time going? I have seen the movie Green Book and loved it!

    Enjoy the summer weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Green Book was great too. I read every night before I go to sleep. If the book is really good I might not go to sleep until morning!

      Delete
  3. Lost my comment. Oh, well. I like it when you have a fail and don't care. That's how it should be for extra things you are trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't care. Life is filled with "have to's" and these are only pleasantries. I am not going to get upset if they don't happen.

      Delete
  4. I think you ought to be commended just for even wanting to try during this time, when you have so much going on! Lucky you to see the first ever lost tooth right after it happened! How precious! Hope the tooth fairy was duly impressed, too! My daughter thought that her grandmother (my mother) actually knew the tooth fairy! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I not only loved seeing her right after, but really loved seeing the morning after when the tooth fairy has been to visit. Evidently the going rate for a tooth at her house is 2 dollar coins.

      Delete
  5. I am impressed that you do not continually beat yourself up with each "fail." "Using the good stuff" makes life a little brighter. My allergies were acting up so that I left nail polish off for three weeks. The polish stayed chippy for two weeks until I took it off and just left it that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is just my list of extras. I am not going to beat myself up over things that are additional

      Delete
  6. I'm starting to feel like each day is gone before I finish blinking. I love though that you to do list is about things that bring happiness, not just get it done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a "get it done list" but that is filled with the mundane, necessary crap. This list is my life enhancement list. It serves as a reminder that there is more to life than vacuuming or taking out the trash.

      Delete
    2. Hello friends,do you have an existing business or want to start up one but need capital to do so?Contact Mr Steven Ryan Finance via this details: Email:Stevenryanfinance@gmail.com
      Whatsapp:+971529615981

      Delete
  7. What are your financial needs? Do you need a business loan? Do you need a personal loan? Do you want to buy a car? Do you want to refinance? Do you need a mortgage loan? You need a huge capital to start their business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and Do you think that there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists then call or send message via citvendorfinance@gmail .com or WhatsApp +1 (747) 223-7461

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.