Translate

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Hark, How the Bass!?!


A friend of Son3's is releasing a Christmas Album on December 6. I personally have no idea why they are still called albums. I am old enough that I have a decent collection of the old vinyl albums, complete with scratch induced white noise and pops. Those are albums! Digital releases are something entirely different in my way of thinking. Nonetheless, Dan Chmielinski is a very talented bass player and a sincerely nice guy. Follow the link which will lead to a sample song link.  I ordered a copy since I love Christmas music and am partial to jazz. Give it a listen. I don't think you will be disappointed, and if you feel inclined order, and support young musicians.



https://chimytina.bandcamp.com/album/a-very-chimytina-christmas?fbclid=IwAR2KhGCqxXqaaAiLtOAxLXikS_iHBQo_Gbzfi4NGcv_3gBrhAV9RBAjSaMg

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link, Anne. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just trying to help spread the word about Chimy's new release.

      Delete
  2. I listened to the link and am going to share it with my husband. He likes jazz, so I think he may want to order an "album". You know a lot of talented people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know lots of talented people through Son3. My personal everyday walking around friends are regular folks like me.

      Delete
  3. So beautiful, Anne. It's the perfect time for Christmas music.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very wonderful. I still say albums-my daughters both collect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still say albums, but my brain still thinks albums should be vinyl.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the info! And I don't know how true this is -- but I read it on the interwebs, so it must be, right? Right? :-) But I've read that because vinyl records have gotten kinda sorta popular again with high end audio types (high end in the equipment they buy, I mean), they're actually outselling CDs. Mainly because sales of CDs are plummeting -- so many people are downloading or streaming music these days. Which of course doesn't explain why people call those downloads "albums." :-) Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Albums are making a comeback! My 14 year old listens to vinyl exclusively at home. ;) And I still call digital music albums too.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.