Translate

Monday, November 18, 2019

Whatsa Been Happening

As usual I make some sort of meal plan for the week. Somedays we have a variation of the planned meal and some days we go in a very different direction. This was no different!

Last week I decided to get everything I had planned, out of the freezer and put into the meat drawer of the refrigerator on Monday. It is a good thing I did! The smaller packages thawed by Wednesday, but the pork tenderloin is still icy this morning. I guess the meat drawer might be a little too cold.

These were the possible meals:


And these were the actual meals we ate:

Monday:Things happened and as usual I started the day with Mom. I don't think there was anything eventful but I honestly don't remember.
Stuffed acorn squash, coleslaw, stewed apples (TheHub) keto cornbread

Tuesday: Ditto for Tuesday. Additionally I rounded up all the Christmas presents I have bought throughout the year and got everything nicely wrapped and tagged. I still have a more shopping to to get done, but it is nice to have this much ready.
Smoked brisket, broccoli and cauliflower medley, mashed potatoes (TheHub)

Wednesday: I start the day out at Mom's, then go to class every Wednesday. Next I go to the store and buy whatever she needs for the week. It was kind of cool so I changed plans from the intended taco salad.
Taco soup

Thursday: Had a longer than normal Dr. appointment with Mom. She had to have a protracted EEG and when the technician told us she would be in the test for about 1 1/2 hours, T, her daytime caregiver and I went to Aldi and wandered around for almost an hour. We both might have bought several things from their Aisle of Shame. After I got Mom back home I ran a few more errands. Meanwhile TheHub called and suggested we go to the wine tasting at ThePig then to The Red Pearl for dinner. I am never going to argue with a man who wants to take me to dinner.
Out to eat  (basil chicken, with sides of spinach and mushrooms

Friday: It was a day like most days!
Mississippi chicken over noodles (TheHub) or caulirice, cucumber slices, tomato wedges

Saturday: Ball game day here! TheHub and I got up and got dressed for game day. I was nice and made him a huge breakfast
Leftover chili with corn chips (TheHub), turkey, coleslaw, pepper slices and pickles (me)

Sunday: We went to see "Midway" and afterward we I did not really want to cook
Doggie bag from Chinese restaurant (TheHub) Repeat of Saturday night (me)

Now on to meal possibilities for this week ( in no particular order):

1. Pork tenderloin, caulitato salad, collard greens, keto cornbread
2. Hot dogs, tater tots (TheHub) coleslaw
3. Chicken in mustard cream sauce, tossed salad, caulimash, brussels sprouts
4. TheHub is on his own. I am having a little surgical procedure Thursday and he can get whatever he wants. Since I can't eat until afterward I am saying to Hell with keto for the day and having ice cream.
5. Vegetable beef soup with keto cornbread
6. Spaghetti sauce over noodles or zoodles, french bread or keto rolls, tossed salad
7.  Grilled cheese (TheHub) and leftover soup with salad (me)

Hope everyone has a wonderful week, doing whatever makes your week wonderful!

19 comments:

  1. I hope your procedure goes well - and enjoy your icecream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I intend to! I told TheHub I want to have 2 flavors here before we walk out the door to go to the doc's. I don't want to have to stop anywhere on the way home.

      Delete
  2. I had meat that took three days to thaw in the refrigerator. I am not saying anything because Tommy will get the refrigerator too warm to save a dime. okay, he would do it to save a penny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think mine is just specifically the meat drawer, the crisper and dairy drawer seem to be at the correct temp.

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure which aisle is your aisle of shame at Alidi's, but we call he aisle of household products the chainsaw aisle. My father-in-law bought one of his sons a chainsaw from there a while back when they were selling them. You never know what you'll find down those aisle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chainsaw aisle would be the aisle of shame. I have bought so much stuff there lately

      Delete
  4. Anne, I hope your procedure goes well and I am glad you are going to have some ice cream, afterwards.

    They opened an Aldi here in April and I keep saying I want to go there, just to check it out, and haven't! I must go and find this aisle of shame! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Aisle of Shame is an ever evolving aisle and you don't really have time to ponder. If you see it and want it you need to go ahead and purchase or it will never be available again (At least for most things)

      Delete
  5. Best wishes for your procedure. Ice cream sounds like a great way to go into it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I want to go to Aldi’s just to see about this aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ice cream is always good know matter what you go through, good luck my friend. Also jealous that you have found and wrapped everything. I know where my stash is , but so far no wrapping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, wouldn't you know I just got everything wrapped and now I have bought more!

      Delete
  8. Always a good idea to have ice cream, procedure or no. Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right, never argue with a man who wants to take you out for dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will never try to argue my way out of a dinner date!

      Delete
  10. I hope you are fully recovered-I am so late to reading others blogs. I need to read more and act on Keto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keto is pretty easy once you figure it out, but the really great tasting things are not keto

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.