Translate

Friday, February 19, 2021

Week 7 Joys for a Difficult Week



This was a blurry week, filled mainly with comings and goings to and from the lake place as we moved to the final phase__the closing! The joys are different this week because I had little time to stop and reflect on the very simple daily things that bring me pleasures.The joys I found this week are less individual daily joys, but more like a composite picture of the joy of forward movement.

Friday: Facetime with Pip is always a joy. Watching her in the snow was an even greater joy. I worked around the house getting some space ready for the onslaught of items moved from the lake.

Saturday: TheHub and I went to the lake place with a rented panel van and my van We had every single yard tool down there that we have here, not to mention 2 lawnmowers (fortunately before we loaded it Saturday, the home buyer decided he wanted to buy the riding mower) sawhorses, a portable work bench, just a lot of things that would not fit in my passenger van. My vehicle was loaded with tv's and any small furniture that would fit. The only joy was that one more load was finished.

Sunday: We woke at butt early o-thirty, and drove to the lake for another run, to bring more stuff here. All the art work, and decorative items came home with us.

Monday: I went to the lake__again to make sure all the boxes were well packed, any furniture that could be dissembled (beds) were taken apart, to be ready for the movers.

Tuesday: In spite of snow and the cold, the movers came and got everything packed, moved to my house and left without damaging anything (except for one small end table that I did not care about at all) Now that was behind us. A few of the neighbors who wanted a couple of the items I listed to give away came and got them so at least a few things are gone. I am waiting on the pickup which was supposed to happen Thursday but is behind schedule because of the snow, so I am not sure when it will actually be picked up, but at least it is in the basement and not in the main part of the house.

Wednesday: My sister and I went to the lake. She volunteered to help me clean the place. She vacuumed, swept and mopped while I cleaned the bathrooms, oven, refrigerator, kitchen cabinets, etc.  We were there about 2 hours working non stop, but we had a fun trip home laughing and talking. My sons have always said she and I occupy two bodies with one mind. Twice on the drive we started saying the very same thing at the same time. We both love chocolate and I suggested we stop at McDonalds to grab a cup of coffee and a chocolate chip cookie. She agreed and at the same moment we both said "I'm peckish:"  Later we were driving and I mentioned that I was tired of doing most things concerning this move by myself . At that moment we both quoted a line from The Crucible, "I were a good wife, I were" Then we both burst out laughing about how my kids were right!

Thursday: 

And just like that, with a few strokes of a pen, the house now belongs to its new owners and TheHub and I have one less property to worry about. Now it is onward to getting Mom's house sold and getting everything from the lake place dispersed so my primary residence will look like a home again and not a holding station for lake furnishings.


28 comments:

  1. I really feel for you. I don't think I ever want to leave this place because I wouldn't know where to start with packing/decluttering, so for you to have to pack up two places in one year and dispose of everything - well, that takes some doing. Still, one down and one to go. At least if everything is outside of the main living areas you can deal with all that stuff slowly, but it is still a big job. As for sisters - we are all like that too. We barely hold complete conversations because we finish each others' sentences. It's kinda nice though isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful to have someone who knows all there is to know about you, and shares your history.

      Delete
  2. I hate moving. It is so stressful, even when it is not your main house. The ice /snow storm in North Alabama just added an extra layer of stress. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moving is the pits, even if it is exactly what you wanted to do.

      Delete
  3. One property down, yes life is easier when you only have a primary residence. Hoping your Mom's house sells. So nice of your sister to help you out. I hate moving/packing/cleaning/selling/disbursing, intend to stay in our house forever. We do have a second property that Mom lives in but shes staying there until she can't which is likelys till a few years away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to have just one place to take care of this weekend!

      Delete
  4. I am so glad that you have your sister - which must be a constant and ongoing joy.
    And hooray for some huge steps forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She knows the worst of me and the best of me and loves me in spite of myself.

      Delete
  5. Congrats and take a cheat day for me!
    One down and one to go....
    What's the deal with Lyle's hair?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the progress & the milestone. It will all come together soon, I'm sure. But, that sort of underestimates the amount of work required to get it all to come together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One down and one to go! I'm so glad you had your sister there with you and glad you were able to find joy each and every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad the week is beyond you, and that you'll move the items in short order. I think your relationship with your sister is great-I love all my sisters so much, and they are my lifeline when things are scary, crazy, happy but busy, and all life event sin between.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have worked hard my friend. My sister's and I do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not asking about free stuff as I will pay you! When can I come by?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than giving a few things to my neighbors, I am donating it all

      Delete
  11. I have three sisters and they are my best friends. Glad the closing went well and hope the rest of the tasks proceed the same.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely a very busy week for you! Glad everything went well despite the weather woes. You're fortunate to have the wonderful relationship with your sister.

    Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was so nice of your sister to help you clean the lake house. I know your glad to have home ownership transferred and one less place to look after.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very happy to be down to just two houses! Knock on wood we can get Mom's on the market and sold quickly

      Delete
  14. You still found joy in the middle of what must have been a very busy week! I hope you get some time to relax in the coming week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe not next week, but definitely the week after that!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.