Translate

Monday, April 19, 2021

The Plan Returneth

For the past week I had no meal plan, nor did I plan on going to the grocery store. I truly just did not give a rip what we ate, when we ate, or how we ate. 



So I came up with this novel concept for our meals. 
1. something
2. something different
3. something edible
4. takeout
5. anything
6. takeout again
7. something else

Regardless of the lack of planning, we ate anyway. This happened:
Monday: More work at Mom's. I was tired so TheHub grilled while I threw together a couple of sides.
Grilled beef patty, spring greens, au gratin potatoes (from a box no less)

Tuesday: I don't even remember what happened during the day, but I noticed a restaurant ad that appeared when I was looking at Facebook for a restaurant on the way home from TheHub's office. I ordered and he picked it up. I would call it a win but it was just not that great. Note to self: Only order Chinese from The Red Pearl.
 Take out from The Black Pearl, drunken noodles, hot and sour soup

Wednesday: I was not planning on. leaving my house on Wednesday but had an out of the blue phone call from a guy who drove by Mom's house and saw the sale sign in the yard (We are still not officially on the market, but will show it any time). Since I had to meet him anyway, and was just about out of laundry detergent I decided to run by Publix. I picked up some ground chuck with no real plan for a meal, but I knew I could create something with it. When I got home I found a nearly full bag of tater tots in the refrigerator freezer. Meal plan decided.
Tater tot casserole, mixed greens

Thursday: TheHub called on his way home from work to see if I wanted to ride to the bluff to watch the sunset. Of course I said yes. It is always so beautiful and so peaceful. (plus it is just a 5 minute car ride away). There is a small meat and three restaurant across the street which acted like a siren's call for dinner. We bought two plates and split everything between us.
Take out from Bluff Park Diner, baked chicken, hamburger patty, squash, green beans, okra, collards

Friday:  Even though we had bought take out 2 other nights, Friday is our dedicated date night. Pre-covid we would get gussied up and go to a restaurant. Now? I put on clean sweat pants and we go somewhere with curbside pickup.
Salvatore's take out, lasagne, fettuccine  with basil Alfredo, tossed salad

Saturday: We were home and the weather was perfect for grilling. Though they are not great I still had a partial bag of tater tots I needed to use.
Grilled steak, tater tots, wilted spinach, tomato onion and cucumber salad

Sunday: The day was lovely until TheHub had some issues accessing his work computer from his home computer, so he had to go into the office. He finally got home after 7 and I was in no mood to begin cooking what I was planning so we had a variation that could be cooked quickly on the stove top.
Deconstructed stuffed bell peppers, hash browns, coleslaw

The coming week should be fairly calm, so I AM planning. But I know any plan I make is subject to change based on the day or my personal whims. Also there is no more food to be salvaged and no more time consuming days at Mom's house (meaning no more take out), so it is back on the Keto wagon for me. 

1. Moroccan Chicken, saffron rice (TheHub's favorite) or caulirice, broccoli
2. Spinach artichoke chicken, couscous (or none) tossed salad
3. Spaghetti or zoodles with meat sauce, tossed salad
4. Veggie dinner (yet to be decided based on what is available at the truck farm)
5. Crab cakes with remoulade, coleslaw, hash browns (or none)
6. Grilled tuna steaks, mashed potatoes or caulimash, green beans, tossed salad

Additionally, I need to replenish  my keto freezer stock (most of it did not survive the freezer incident) to keep me from noshing on something non-keto, so I need to have a baking day. This might or might not happen, but I really do need to get off my keister and get it done!
keto dinner rolls
keto cornbread
keto "Girl Scout" thin mint cookies (jury is out on this since I have never tried it)
keto peanut butter cookies

So go have a great week on plan, off plan or with no plan at all!

18 comments:

  1. I liked your plan last week lol but this week sounds delicious! I'm the one who didn't do a menu plan this week. I'm just making due using up extras I have in the fridge from last week and trying to use up some freezer meals. It works! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree eating the fragments works well! (But so does take out!)

      Delete
  2. Hey-we had your meal plan last week! I enjoyed something take out very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED YOUR MEAL PLAN< WOULD SO LIKE TO ADOPT THAT ONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for relatively calm weeks - which I hope you haven't jinxed by mentioning.
    This is left over/re invention week here. And I feel no guilt/shame on that front.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I liked your meal plan from last week, better! Because I adapted that, myself. It was "something, leftovers, something else, more leftovers made into something different" and it worked! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is my meal plan most days. Like I say, we have food so we eat something. Thin Mints are keto? Or, do they make a keto Thin Mint in addition to the regular ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a recipe that is supposed to taste like thin mints. Son2 made them and said they were great.

      Delete
  7. You've worked so hard getting your mom's place ready for sale and emptying the lake place I'd say your meal plan was just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It worked, we ate and as best I can tell we ate more than we needed__as usual!

      Delete
  8. I told my son last evening we were having breakfast for dinner, and asked how did he want his eggs. His response, however you're having yours. Sheesh, what a stinker! I just wanted a suggestion as I get tired of making the decisions.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes wish I could go to the grocery store and they would hand me a list telling me what I would be cooking for the week, just to take the decision making process out of it.

      Delete
  9. I am impressed that you write your plan down. We have a similar one, but we don't commit it to paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I write it down so I will know how far off of it I go!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.