Translate

Monday, March 14, 2022

Dinner! It Comes Around Daily

As usual the meal plan fell through. I should have grilled early in the week before the weather changed, but I didn't. It doesn't matter really. We ate and life proceeded on. We have the luxury of planning, changing plans and still knowing we will have some sort of meal around our kitchen table. For that I am extremely grateful!



This is what was originally planned for the week:
1. Leftovers (TheHub has a dinner meeting so it will just be me)
2. Lasagna in a bowl (I have leftover spaghetti sauce to use), some green vegetable
3. Broccoli Cheese soup (we are supposed to have some cooler nights) salad or sandwich
4. Pho, mixed greens salad
5. Steak, tossed salad, new potatoes or roasted radishes
6. Grilled tuna, asparagus, rice pilaf, tossed salad
7. Take out

This is what we really ate:
Monday: I was the only one here for dinner, so I grabbed some leftovers from the freezer, warmed them and ate while watching a movie via the laptop. (I only eat at the table and refuse to have a TV in the kitchen)
Leftover Conecuh sausage and cabbage

Tuesday: The temperature had dropped considerably and I wanted to get some more soup type dishes in before TheHub started complaining that it was too hot for soup.
Pho, tossed salad

Wednesday: Though I really wanted soup I decided it would be nice of me to have something more substantial for TheHub. It was supposed to be much colder Saturday night so soup moved to then.
Lasagna in a bowl, tossed salad

Thursday: TheHub got home early before I had even begun to think about dinner, and we ran out to do a quick errand. We picked up a partial dinner to go with the coleslaw I made previously.
Take out bbq , coleslaw from home

Friday: I had planned on cooking out but TheHub worked late, the rains came, and I had to change plans.
Hamburger patty, tater tots or roasted radishes, mixed greens

Saturday: for soup weather! Instead of having the salad along with the meal, I just doubled down on the green stuff.
Broccoli cheese soup

Sunday:  The day started off cold, warmed a bit, then cooled off again. I imagine Sunday was the last time we will eat this until sometime in late October or early November.
Chili over pinto beans or over cauliflower (It's a keto compromise but still tasty I intended to have coleslaw but got lazy and did not grate the cabbage. Life went on)


This week we should  be home  for dinners with the exception of one night during the workweek. That does not eliminate the possibility of an additional meal out on the weekend though.

These are the plans for this week.
1. Corned beef, cabbage, mashed potatoes (or none)
2. Beef stew over rice or caulirice, mixed greens
3. Greek chicken, rice pilaf, asparagus, tossed salad
4. Grilled tuna steaks, asparagus, mashed potatoes or cauliflower mashed potatoes
5. Out to eat
6. Philly cheesesteak casserole, tossed salad or coleslaw
7.  White sauce bbq chicken, caulitato salad, baked beans (for TheHub only)

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with non plan at all!


27 comments:

  1. I'm so hungry right now, all looks like I could scarf in one sitting. Somedsys intermittent fasting is a breeze. Today, not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to wait until 2 before I eat and somedays I want to chew my arm off. Other days I look at the clock surprised it is nearly three.

      Delete
  2. One of these days I'm going to break down and try Pho. Do you make your own?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did mostly. I found a package of seasonings at The Red Pearl, so all I really had to do was make the beef broth then let it steep for an hour or so before throwing in the beef and a few slivered veggies. The rice noodles virtually cook themselves and I had mine with zoodles. I did not even bother to cook them at all, just poured the steaming hot broth on them. It is really easy to make. The most involved part was chopping the things to top the soup with.

      Delete
  3. I think I could eat soup all year round - but probably not in your temperatures! And I'm so glad your DIL wasn't badly hurt. That must have given you all a fright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do eat soup year round, but only when I am out. Tazikis has delicious lemon chicken soup and I get it there year round.

      Delete
  4. My BIL would love your menu because he is a big soup fan. I bought a roaster chicken today. Once it is cooked and separated, I will make stock and use it for soup. I am out of all stocks that I had frozen before. Glad that, all were used up. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am out of frozen stock also. I need to make more but I am out of freezer space right now.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes they do. They are a good keto substitute for potatoes.

      Delete
  6. I love that you got lazy and didn't grate the cabbage. I have those days, and hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older I get the more days and hours like that I have!

      Delete
  7. Even going off the plan, you continue to do well when it comes to meals. I bought some chicken thighs, today, and that's what I plan to cook for the week! Curry some and saute some. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not know what to do if I actually stayed on plan. Life, weather, attitude, laziness all factor in to how closely I will stay on it!
      I love curry!

      Delete
  8. Your meals sounded yummy and this weeks meals sound delicious! Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am comforted reading that not all your plans came to fruition. Because this past week almost none of mine did! We somehow managed though by using what I had purchased in different ways. Always enjoy your menus! Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plans are truly just ideas and they change either by design or whim. It just depends on the day.

      Delete
  10. I heartily endorse the idea of eating more soup before the weather warms up!
    I'm so very glad your DIL is ok. She would do well to be checked over by a chiro after that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love soup and it makes me sad TheHub is weather sensitive to eating it.

      Delete
  11. I love soup all year round, but I understand it seems to hot for some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too and will satisfy my soup needs when I eat out.

      Delete
  12. Planning? Never works for me. Sometimes I wait until 5 PM before I figure out what we're eating. So you are always doing better than I would.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be a spur of the moment cook, but I do try to set some sort of course for the week. It doesn't completely work but for me it is better than nothing.

      Delete
  13. We love soup and have it throughout the year. Although more often during cooler weather -- as in at least twice a week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we have soup I freeze the leftovers in meal size portions so I have it for lunch sometimes. To me soup is just the easiest way to eat.

      Delete
  14. Chili over beans over cauliflower sounds interesting. I have a friend who introduced me to chili over white rice - in order to stretch the meal - and I like that.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.