Translate

Monday, March 28, 2022

Plans Happen and Change

It was another week of plans and another week of not really sticking to the plan. I figure since I am the chief cook and bottle washer, changing plans does not inconvenience anyone else so it really is no big deal. It would be different if someone else had to run out and pick up groceries for me, or rearrange their schedule to accommodate my changes. Since it is up to me, I feel no remorse when I decide I really want something different at the spur of the moment. I am fickle and change my mind all the time. Except for TheHub! I still really like him.



This is what I had planned for the week:
1.White bbq chicken, caulitato salad, chilled asparagus, baked beans 
2. Grilled tuna steaks, asparagus, mushroom risotto or caulirice , spring greens
3. Large dinner salad, rolls or keto rolls
4. Butter chicken, rice or caulirice, asparagus or Brussels sprouts, tossed salad
5. Chicken curry, rice or caulirice, something green
6. Out to eat
7. Cauliflower"Mac and cheese", collards, black-eyed peas, squash

This is what we really ate:
Monday: It was a beautiful day, perfect for cooking outside.
Grilled tuna steak, asparagus, spring greens, mashed potatoes (or none)

Tuesday: Then came the storms and an inside meal was necessary.
Cauliflower Mac and cheese or real Mac and cheese, collards

Wednesday: And just like that, the rain stopped!
 Out to eat at The Electric: sandwich for TheHub, wedge salad for me

Thursday: I was supposed to be busy cleaning so I put this in the crockpot mid-morning. It cooked while I read.
Chicken curry over rice or cauliflower rice, mixed greens

Friday: TheHub and I went out when he got home form work and ran 2 errands, stopping at Publix. We decided to pick up a chicken to go with coleslaw I had made earlier. 
Rotisserie chicken, coleslaw, potato salad (purchased specifically for TheHub)

Saturday: It was a beautiful day that called for more outdoor cooking. 
Grilled hamburgers and chips or grilled cheeseburger salad

Sunday: Another perfect weather day screamed fire up the grill!
Steak, mashed potatoes (or none), asparagus, tomato cucumber onion salad

And now to this week:
1.White bbq chicken, potato salad, caulitato salad, coleslaw, baked beans, something dessertish.
2. Ketofied chicken yakisoba, some sort of green veggie side dish (Thanks Hawaii Planner)
3. Salmon filets w/ butter dill sauce, asparagus, sliced tomatoes, cucumber slices 
4. BLT salad dinner
5. Pulled pork, leftover baked beans, leftover potato salad, leftover caulitato salad
6. Out to eat
7. Tacos/ taco salad

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all.

14 comments:

  1. I had a surprise visit from one of my grandchildren so I fixed Schwan's Lasagna, Schwan's broccoli with cheese, Dipping bread bites, cottage cheese and thawed the left over pecan pie from Thanksgiving. I never have a plan because I usually eat Zone Perfect Bars and drink Slim Fast. You amaze me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it were just me here at night I would not bother with a meal, but for us we sit at the table and discuss the day while we eat. The meal is always the backdrop.

      Delete
  2. I'm going to have to try HPs noodle yakisobi recipe too. But then I keep having Greek Chicken on mine and never get it made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw it and filled the link it sounded really good and something different for us. I need different.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Gotta be flexible because a lot of times something that sounds really good on a Monday is not what I/we want later in the week.

      Delete
  4. I changed my mind three times one day; the last change was as I went to the refrigerator to take out food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish Tom enjoyed curry. Meanwhile, I just mix the powder with a single serving of chicken salad and call it good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TheHub is not a picky eater so there are never any issues with what we have.

      Delete
  6. It was overcast yesterday but 74 so we BBQ'd and it was great. THe first of the year without the sun beating down! Now it is raining hard so I am glad we ate out yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I am wondering, did you bbq like we call it here, or did you just cook something on the grill. In the south they are two completely different terms!

      Delete
  7. As always, both what you plan to eat and actually eat sounds delicious! Thank you for mentioning the chicken yakisoba - I think I might add it to my dinner menu, this week! I think my daughter will approve! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your daughter enjoys it. I hope TheHub enjoys it also cause he is going to have to eat it one night this week.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.