Translate

Monday, March 21, 2022

Dinner

Well, that was an interesting food plan week. Looking back we stayed on the dinner plan less then 50% of the time, yet life went on and we were fed, as usual. I had planned one meal out, because I knew we had an event Tuesday evening, but I had completely forgotten about one Saturday night.  Then, rains forced the cancellation of grilled tuna. Life moves on and we eat anyway.



What was planned:
1. Corned beef, cabbage, mashed potatoes (or none)
2. Beef stew over rice or caulirice, mixed greens
3. Greek chicken, rice pilaf, asparagus, tossed salad
4. Grilled tuna steaks, asparagus, mashed potatoes or cauliflower mashed potatoes
5. Out to eat
6. Philly cheesesteak casserole, tossed salad or coleslaw
7.  White sauce bbq chicken, caulitato salad, baked beans (for TheHub only)

What we really ate:
Monday: I had some ground chuck in the fridge and several bell peppers. This meal pretty much planned itself.
Philly cheesesteak casserole, spring greens

Tuesday: We bought tickets to the fund raiser banquet of a non-profit we support
Bad banquet chicken, mashed potatoes, 4 shreds of undermined veggies, salad

Wednesday:I had found ground chuck on sale and bought about 10 pounds of it. Though I froze most of it, I made meatballs for a keto variation of my mom's meatball stew 
Meatball stew over rice or caulirice

Thursday: Happy St. Pat's
Corned beef, cabbage, potatoes (or none)

Friday:Neither of us were particularly hungry and I had everything on hand for this. Big garden salad

Saturday: We knew we had tickets for an Afro Cuban concert but had forgotten it was Saturday until I got an email reminder. Fortunately they had a wine and munchies hour before the event.
Pulled pork on dinner rolls, pineapple shrimp, corn salsa, chips, dips, veggies, churros

Sunday: I was actually pulling for Auburn to win their basketball game, and I am never for Auburn. Unfortunately for them, they played like Alabama. We had a pre-game meal so we would not miss any of the game. Turns out it would not have mattered if we did!
Steak, baked potato, spring greens

And now on to this week's plans (in no particular order)
1.White bbq chicken, caulitato salad, chilled asparagus, baked beans 
2. Grilled tuna steaks, asparagus, mushroom risotto or caulirice , spring greens
3. Large dinner salad, rolls or keto rolls
4. Butter chicken, rice or caulirice, asparagus or Brussels sprouts, tossed salad
5. Chicken curry, rice or caulirice, something green
6. Out to eat
7. Cauliflower"Mac and cheese", collards, black-eyed peas, squash

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all!

18 comments:

  1. We ate each night too. I think. Don't ask me what though.
    Tuesday nights dinner sounds a little sad - but I suppose it kept body and soul together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The meal was not tasty, the company was delightful and the cause was worthy, so overall it was good.

      Delete
  2. Your description of the fund-raising dinner is spot-on. I've eaten many of that type.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Mae, and I guess I will continue for fund raiser dinners.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you managed to get through the week's meals one way or another! I didn't follow my meal plan, either, but, it was OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eating is all that matters. Sometimes the plan gets in the way of life.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I will most likely have the cauliflower Mac for just me and will cook some real Mac for TheHub.

      Delete
  5. Yummy meals. I hope you enjoyed your concert. I have to watch the women's closely as a girl I coached a season ( she played up when she was younger than the grade for traveling) is on a team that is in the Sweet 16.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have a team to root for the the women's tournament but will watch some just because. It is always better if you have someone or team specifically to watch.

      Delete
  6. I don't know if the banquet meal was intended to say "undetermined" veggies, but I love "undermined" either way! If that doesn't describe a banquet meal. ;-)

    We were wildly off track last week, and I'm embarrassed to report that takeout pizza was a staple, thanks to numerous factors. This week is much more on track, as I was around for the weekend & prepped meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take out pizza could feed an army if needed and I have never met a teen who could not live on it, if allowed to. Cut yourself some slack!
      Yes it was supposed to say undetermined but I must have hit the t too softly and my wonderful self correcting spell check decided I meant undermined. Maybe I should proof before hitting publish, but I know I won't.

      Delete
  7. Eeeww your fundraiser meal on Tuesday sounds delightful. I guess on the plus side, it was for a fundraiser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worthy causes sometimes come with less worthy meals. It is ok. We lived and the money went to a good cause.

      Delete
  8. Oh that fundraiser meal made me laugh aloud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know you never go to a fundraiser expecting great food. If it does happen it is just a bonus!

      Delete
  9. I had an extra chicken breast, for hub's lunch today and daughter came last night to pick up kids and ate it!

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.