Translate

Monday, July 18, 2022

Staying On Plan And A Buck Fifty Buys Coffee At McDonalds

When the week was over and I looked at what we ate compared to what we actually ate I was surprised to find I was not too far off plan. Sure there some minor alterations, but other than that I stayed fairly close to my original plan. And just what did I win for that? Yep, nothing!




What I originally planned:
Philly cheesesteak casserole, coleslaw
Italian sausage with peppers, onions ,squash, green beans and tomatoes
Raw veggies and cheese or dip
Grilled chicken, basque peppers, lettuce wedge
Turkey cheeseburger salad
Fettuccine Alfredo, green beans, salad
Out to eat or takeout 

What we really and truly ate;
Monday: I could have sworn I had Italian Sausage in the freezer, but I did not. Punt time.
Conecuh sausage, green bean, squash, pepper, and onion sauté, coleslaw

Tuesday: I knew TheHub had a dinner meeting and had made my dinner when I was prepping things Monday morning. All I had to do was open the refrigerator, pull it out, grab a fork and eat. 
Broccoli salad

Wednesday: I was still struggling to use peppers
Philly cheesesteak casserole, green beans, tomato basil and onion salad

Thursday: We are trying to have a couple of meatless meals each week. This was one of those
Fettuccine Alfredo, green beans, tossed salad (palmini linguini to keep it keto)

Friday: I did not feel like cooking and did not want to get dressed up to go out to dinner
Chicken Salad, tomato cucumber and onion salad (It also came with pimento cheese but I left it for TheHub's Saturday lunch) or The Friday special takeout form Tazikis

Saturday: It was hot, too hot to cook
Cobb salad, crackers or keto cornbread

Sunday: We met Son2 and DIL2 for a late lunch so neither of us were hungry for dinner
Menu plan: Leftover flatbreads or cottage cheese with a peach

What I plan going into this week:
1. Cobb salad, crackers
2 Turkey burger cheeseburger salad
3. Veggie meal (TBD)
4. Spaghetti with meat sauce, tossed salad
5. Bbq chicken, basque peppers, caulitato salad
6. Takeout or out to eat
7. Sloppy Joe's, roasted radishes, coleslaw

As usual these are suggestions that sound good on Sunday night, but may sound awful the day I actually make the meal. Changes are always possible verging on probable.

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all.




26 comments:

  1. Tuesday dinner sounds best. Open refrigerator, pull dinner out and eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to make some sloppy joe for my husband! BBQ chicken sounds really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TheHub loves sloppy joe's especially on a weekend night

      Delete
  3. I like open fridge and pull out dinner. I spent a fortune on groceries but we needed to eat down fresh produce so will get stuff for salads and just steamed or a lot of raw veggies. We MN people do t do well on 97° days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, those of us in the south don't like 97 degree days either, but we do know how to accommodate them. It requires minimal cooking and wearing lots of cotton

      Delete
  4. I just love Shirley Bassey - still, even now, so sexy and talented. If you ever had a mind to look it up, there is a great sketch where she appeared on the Morecambe and Wise show years ago (two of the UK's best comedians). It is hilarious and she was such a good sport!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her too! What a voice! Thanks for the heads up for the sketch on the show. I will try to find it.

      Delete
  5. I love Cobb salad. I think it is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy a Cobb also, but I always give the egg to TheHub.

      Delete
  6. A big HOORAY for being able to open the fridge and pull out dinner. In hot weather salads are my go to. As usual lots of your meals sound delicious (and how I wish I could convince himself that meat free meals are not torture).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TheHub is not a picky eater, plus he eats out at lunch every day, often fairly big meals.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful meals and plans! I've been doing a bit of that open the fridge and pull out dinner, myself, recently! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, good eats whether or not they were in or out of the plan. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dinners happen every night here whether good or ho hum. It's all still food and serves the purpose.

      Delete
  9. I love broccoli salad! Unfortunately, turkey's far too bland for my palate. What do you use to make yours tasty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple, I buy the Boar's Head Golden Roasted from Publix

      Delete
  10. I love Shirley Bassey! I particularly like her version of Diamonds Are Forever. I should have come over for last Monday and Wedmesday's menu. This week's menu look good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though not vegan we do eat several vegetarian meals each week, and just about all of my lunches are.

      Delete
  11. That Conecuh sausage has so much flavor! I don’t buy it very often but we enjoy when I do buy it. Your menu for this week and last sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy a 3 lb pack of it from Costco. The price is much much lower per pound. When I get home I break it down into meal size servings for the 2 of us, seal each package and freeze it. The next Costco trip is stock up time for morebConecuh.

      Delete
  12. Roasted radishes? are those the little red vegetables, white inside? I wouldn't have thought to cook them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep those plain old garden variety radishes are delicious roasted. I have some that need to be used this week, so they will be cooked for dinner.

      Delete
  13. Your menus all sound so delicious. Roasted Radishes? I didn't know you could cook radishes. I have a bag in my refrigerator that I bought thinking I was going to make a big salad for a church pot luck and ended up not doing that, so now the radishes are waiting for me to do something with them. I must look that up. Not that big of a radish fan, and I'm wondering about the "heat" of something like that... Anyway, your meals all sound great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roasted radishes lose their heat and become sweeter after cooking.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.