Translate

Monday, April 17, 2023

Joys and Meals

I am feeling seriously blogging uninspired so I am combining my weekly joy list with our dinners for the week in one post. I have been much more involved in the 3-D world than I have the online one lately, and think I need to devote more time to the 3-D life. Lots going on with people in my life right now.
I am still reading blogs, but not doing a lot of commenting, mainly because I am reading them from the phone and I am just not going to try and comment using just my thumbs. 


Not!

Sunday. Easter we went to church came home to pretend we were at The Master’s Tournament and enjoy a pimento cheese sandwich. After an afternoon of on again off again watching we got to see John Rahm get his green jacket. 
Later that night we watched the new episode of Succession .  Neither of us saw that coming. 
Dinner: Something from somewhere. I don't remember what

Monday: The biggest joy of the day was being the 1 of 3 people called by Sluggy who actually answered. She does make me laugh. 
Monday afternoon  I got a call from Son2 that his MIL was being discharged from rehab and would be staying at their house. He asked me to pick up a few essentials for him since they were going to need to empty their guest room to make it hospital bed ready.
Dinner: Cheeseburger casserole, coleslaw

Tuesday: I ran to Uhaul to pick up some mattress covers and wrapping paper, then went to Son2’s house to help them a little to get a bedroom emptied for a hospital bed and other equipment. I left before it was delivered so neither my car nor myself would not be in the way. 
On my way home I ran by Aldi to grab a few needed things and found a 15 pound ham shank for 71 cents per pound. Great find that went straight into the freezer
Once I was out of the grocery store I picked up a sandwich and drink from a local place and drove to a neighborhood lake to have a car picnic while watching the ducks, swans and geese, and listening to a podcast. 
Dinner: Grilled Conecuh sausage, pasta salad

Wednesday: The great de-pollenization was begun. I have to wash the deck about 3 times before it is completely clean so stage 1 was done   I am glad it was warm enough that I could  be barefoot and in shorts while cleaning it. 
Dinner: Grilled grouper, salad

Thursday: This was just a regular day filled with mostly regular things. The joy was having a regular day!
Dinner: Rack of lamb, potato pancakes, tossed salad

Friday: We woke early and drove to Nashville. Met Son3 and DIL3 for lunch at Cafe Roze in the east Nashville area, then checked into our hotel before going to The Bluebird Cafe to see DIL3 perform in the round with 3 other fabulous woman. If you are ever in Nashville try to go to one of the venues events. It is a wonderful and intimate listening space.
After they finished playing we went to Etcetera for a post event meal with two of their friends and had a wonderful time.
Dinner: Fabulous food from Etcetera  (Between the 6 of us we had a lot of different items)

Saturday: After a protracted breakfast with Son3 and DIL3 we headed home. It was a beautiful day for a drive. As soon as we got back into town we picked up a mid century modern outdoor seating group I had bought from a local resale shop. I got a great deal on the two love seats and table, but I think I bought myself a lot of work! It has to be repainted and the cushions need to be recovered.
Dinner: We ate a Whatburger lunch very late and decided to skip dinner

Sunday: We went to church and came home with a take out salad lunch, then changed into work clothes to begin another day of de-pollening the deck. We got all the surfaces, screens, decking, bricks, windows, and doors, hosed, scrubbed and rinsed. We are almost ready for summer now! (Well, after I get the new to me outdoor seating painted and recovered)
We went to our church to pack meals for Rise Against Hunger, then went out with a few friends for dinner at Mama Coco. It is a cute restaurant, but the menu is just too big. (Or maybe I am just too simple)
Dinner: Tamales (TheHub) Chile relleno (me)

Dinner plans for the week? (may or may not happen)
Spaghetti with meat sauce
Grilled tuna, salad
Smoked trout toast, coleslaw
Veggie meal TBD
Stuffed peppers, coleslaw
Out to eat or takeout
Pimento cheese sandwiches, coleslaw

So in closing . . .

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan or with no plan at all
                                               and
                     May all your weeds be wildflowers!

16 comments:

  1. Maybe take a break from blogging and enjoy yourself with some me-time and fresh air. Barefoot and in shorts...didn't know it is already so warm there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been in the 70's lately but in a week we will be having the 80's weather and then summer will be off and running until late October.

      Delete
  2. Lots of joy - and some of them biggies. Which is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cooking for the joys each day. Even the small ones are joyful.

      Delete
  3. I always enjoy reading your joys. I looked at that menu and it is huge. One of our Mexican restaurants is like that and it makes me feel over whelmed. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the menu is so big I always default to rellenos.

      Delete
  4. Because we've promised our sun room's table and chairs to the kdis, I've been on the lookout for previously loved patio sets. Far more fun than paying retail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a great inexpensive set but bought a lot of work to get it like I want it.

      Delete
  5. Positive thoughts and prayers for Son2 and family as they care for his mother-in-law. I know it won't be easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barefoot and shorts is always great if using a hose. I cannot go barefoot outside because of the metal ramp that has little spines on it, but it would be great. You had a very busy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We try to do things weekly, but the quick trip to Nashville was out of the ordinary.

      Delete
  7. You had a very nice week, with family and friends time, some great meals and sunshine! Wishing your son's MIL a swift recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a nice week. Now onward to normal weeks!

      Delete
  8. A busy week, but, glad you got to visit with Son3 and DIL3 as well as help out Son2. It's more important to be there for your family than it is to blog. Your meals sound wonderful as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents were always there for me and I learned the importance of being there from them.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.