Translate

Sunday, April 30, 2023

Blue Joys

Have you ever had one of those weeks when you are a little discontent and you have no real idea why?This past week I was just a grumbling mess of a human. I was totally uninspired and it was not because I did not have a ton of things to do. I had my nose out of joint for no real reason, and seemed to be content to wallow in self pity. Of course by definition when one is wallowing in self pity, the only one feeling sorry is one's self.  I am giving me just one more day to shake these blues, and get back to feeling like myself.





Sunday: TheHub did not feel well. He had been fighting some respiratory crud for a few days, so we hung around the house and did a good bit of reading, then watched Succession. I think we watch it because no group of people in real life can be as horrible as every member of the Roy family. Knowing we are not that terrible makes us feel so much better about ourselves.
 
Monday: The day was a gorgeous weather day, cardinals were nesting near the fence and we found Monday at 6 p.m. is just about the perfect time to go to Costco.  Considering where we were, the store was virtually empty. (Which means the parking lot was only about 1/3 full and self checkout was available without any wait.) In my opinion that was something of a huge joy.

Tuesday: I rode to Son2/DIL2's house to have a brief visit with her mom. She is a lovely person going through a very difficult time right now, but I was very glad to be able to see her. Her dog has also moved in and is a wonderfully sweet fella who is tending to his "mama".
After the visit I headed to Independence Place for a quick pop-in visit.  I had not seen any of the participants since the play and have really missed them. As I have said before, IP is my happy place.

Wednesday: I had planned to have dinner with a childhood friend, but she has been cleaning out her mother's house and was not finished as soon as she thought she would be. After clearing Mom's house I certainly get it, so we rescheduled the dinner a week later. 
My beloved sister and I sat in the tax assessor's office for an insanely long time for a while, but we had each other to talk with and laugh at the absurdities happening around us. After we finished we came back to my house for a very late lunch (thanks courthouse) of leftovers and possibly ice cream. 
TheHub and I had a stay at home night and started watching the new season of Mrs. Mazel.

Thursday: I talked with Sluggy which always makes the day better, then got ready to go to the semi annual Parkinson 's fundraiser. I really did not want to go, but pretty much had to. Like most things I dread attending, it was a lot of fun once I got there. Hats off to Christina, who planned the event. It was a huge success.
An added joy? Though rain was predicted we did not have a single drop the entire time we were at the benefit.

Friday: I read for quite a while, finished a few odds and ends, then rode with TheHub to pick up some treats from our local Mexican bakery before grabbing a take out dinner. Any day I don't have to cook is joyous.

Saturday: TheHub wakes each Saturday with an agenda. Most Saturdays I have gone along with whatever he wanted to do, but I managed to play my stubborn card that morning. 
I agreed to go to Aldrich Garden's plant sale (didn't want to)  and was very glad we went. We bought some gorgeous limelight hydrangeas  and variegated aucuba plus another partial shade plant, but I forgot what it is named.  
After we left there he had a few more stops he wanted to make and I told him to go ahead but I was not going with him. Instead we went home, had lunch and watched Alabama's softball game. 
I almost felt bad for being a spoil sport, but not bad enough to do things I was not interested in doing.
Next week I will be agreeable again__maybe.

Look for joys wherever you can. They are always out there even if you have to hunt for them.

May all your weeds be wildflowers.
Anne

11 comments:

  1. I guess we all have had those uninspired and unmotivated days. Life can be challenging with all those “to-dos”.. hope you feel better soon, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment about Succession reminded me of why I watch Hoarders. :)
    I don't think anyone can (or should) be upbeat all the time. There is likely some niggling issue that is bothering you, that's you're working your way through. The sunshine will be even brighter on the other side. And as Lori said, you were still able to find your joys. That's definitely a win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is very into Succession. I watch bits & pieces (I'm typically reading) & they are really pretty wild siblings. I agree that a relatively quiet Costco is a true win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I see the blues heading my way I just accept it. Actually I will keep to myself and wallow in the melancholy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the other hand, everyone in Succession is so horrible, I don't like to watch it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the blues are headed out the door and you have a much better week. I’m going to have to look up Succession and see if I like it. Sounds like I would. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadly I do know those days/weeks. I hope yours disappears quickly. Costco is far from my happy place. I find it overwhelming and have to be feeling very friendly before I will agree to go with himself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you've had a week of feeling low, but, yes, we've all had them, I think. But, you still managed to find your joys, even if they were a bit tinged with blue. I hope you will soon be feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am beating back the respiratory problems and feel better, but it seems to come back as easily as it goes away. I hope you are both better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Life is a roller coaster, isn't it? You've got to find the joy where you can.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.