Translate

Thursday, February 1, 2024

Found Things

I had mentioned in a previous post that I have been sorting, organizing and touching. This post is nothing but a recap of things I had no memory of ever receiving or things I bought, put away them promptly forgot about. 

Things I found that were unknown or forgotten

Kitchen baking center: 
Red Candy Melts (Given away)
White Candy Melts (Given away)
Whole flax seed (Will use)
Trader Joe's Nuts and Olives (TheHub and I ate them all week)

Kitchen small appliance cabinet:
Flat kabob skewers (moved to the outdoor bbq  cabinet)
Vegetable pan for the grill (moved to the outdoor bbq cabinet)

Kitchen buffet: 
Solar water bubbler (will use in the birdbath after the spring clean-up)

Laundry room:
3 sheets of chalkboard self stick tags (These were actually on my "to buy" list. Score!)
Mom's small decorative wooden catch-all box (Had no idea it was here. Now it is in use.)
6 skeins baby yarn (given away)
3 piece hiking pack including extra water bottle (given awy)
2 clear shopping bags (given away)
Bag of excelsior (kept for now)
MIL's handwritten cookbook* (thrilled to have found this)
A watercolor my dad painted when I was a child (framing it) **
Really cool placemat from a bar found in 1 of MIL's binders  (framing it) ***

Dining room sideboard:
8 off white, round candles, never burned (given away)
Trifle  bowl ( I had no idea I even had this. Guess I need to make a trifle)
2 rice paper table table lamps (undecided whether to keep or toss) ****
2 bisque dove candleholders (given away)





Given away in January
2 full size commercial baking pans - Buy Nothing FB group
3 springform pans - Exchange Club
candy melts - neighborhood FB group
George Forman Grill - Exchange Club
panini press (never used) - Independence Place
12  plates - Independence Place
set of extraordinarily cool spoons (never used) - Buy nothing FB group
set of retro cloth cowgirl napkins (never used) - Buy nothing FB group
1 oblong fall tablecloth (never used) - Buy nothing FB group
packing material from a delivery (who knew? )- Buy Nothing FB group
University of Alabama door wreath - Buy nothing FB group
2 silverplate casserole dish holders - Exchange Club
6 skeins yarn -Buy nothing FB group
Tervis koozie (never used) - neighborhood FB group
2 moving boxes of miscellaneous stuff including clothes - Exchange Club
Christmas circular table cloth - Exchange Club
Christmas table runner - Exchange Club
3 piece hiking pack  Exchange Club
Sturdy 10x10x4 black gift box with black shreds - Buy nothing FB group
8 round candles Neighborhood FB  group
2 bisque dove candleholders - Exchange Club

So now that February has begun and I move on to different areas of the house, the "touch keep or toss"game begins a new chapter and I will start a new list. I am beginning to think I made a terrible mistake vowing to do this. Maybe I should have made it a two year plan!



*MIL's family famous lasagne recipe was in the book!
** Overjoyed to find this treasure, which has no value to anyone but family.
***This placemat has drawings of the speciality drinks the bar offered. Will hang in the butlers pantry.
**** Decided at the last minute to toss the lamps in the Exchange Club box.




  

23 comments:

  1. You are on FIRE.....a real life, junking machine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am tired, dirty and my back hurts from all the stooping (I don't stoop well) while sorting through things.

      Delete
  2. Great job! I'm sure there are some happy people out there who got some of things you decluttered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that stooping would do me in or make it a two-year project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bending and lugging stuff is hurting my back but I better get used to it because there is a lot more to do.

      Delete
  4. You accomplished a LOT in January!! I bet you're thrilled to have found MIL recipe book. What a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some days I decide I need to find 20 or 30 or 50 things to rehome or throw away. It's not an orderly approach but I'm looking at your list and thinking the count is nice and high!
    I've been amazed at how often people want free candles. I can't be bothered with them so I advertise them on a pay it forward group and they are much more popular than some more useful items

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised anyone wanted the candles. I used to own a decorative tall brass Christmas tree candle holder and used the round candles on it. I don't remember when I gave it away, but it has been several years ago. I did not even remember buying them for it.

      Delete
  6. I'm about to purge another bookshelf. I have a ton of tablecloths to go through and donate as well. I recently put 6 books in a little free library. It feels good to get rid of things and get organized. I just found some lentils I forgot about. It's on the meal plan now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept too many tablecloths, but decided I would wait until the end of the year. Any cloth that went unused would be given away then.

      Delete
  7. Well done on all you've achieved so far. It must feel like Christmas all over again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like I am tired of oing through things, and in reality I am just at the beginning.

      Delete
  8. Well done! It's amazing the things we accumulate that migrate to the back of a shelf/closet/drawer and are forgotten about. It's always nice to find something we thought we'd need to buy especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far through all my digging I have only found a couple of things we will really use. Most items I just wonder why and how they got there!

      Delete
  9. The ones who inspire me are those people who don't let things get so out of hand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a motivating post. Nice to see your found items either got new homes or new life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicely done. It feels so good organizing and decluttering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really feels good to get rid of things that have outlived their purpose here, but are still either in very good condition or have never been used.

      Delete
  12. I got rid of three boxes of stuff in January. Like you I need to move onto another part of the house to get rid of things!! Well done on what you did.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.