Translate

Monday, December 8, 2025

17 Days until Christmas

 This one of my favorite days of any month. My Beloved Sister and I went to my favorite place to cook, share goodies and laughs. If you have been reading me you will know that my heart belongs to the participants of Independence Place. 


You can't beat Julie Andrews' version of this song!

Today I was able to go in and tell them we were going to be eating Christmas trash, which is really just a very simple candy made with broken pretzels, smashed peanut, mini marshmallows and caramel bit covered in melted white almond bark. After mixing it all up it was dropped by teaspoons and sprinkled (lots of over sprinkling, but that was OK) with red, or green (or sometimes a combination of the two). After about 4 minutes in the freezer to harden they were ready to eat. It was a thumbs up kind of day, because they all wanted seconds or thirds.

Being there always makes me happy, but add the excitement of Christmas and this time was perfect.

After I returned home I had a few chores to do, then it was time to start thinking about cooking.  But TheHub said soup sounded good, and just heating something up rather than cooking sounded great to me. Now, I need to make a new big pot of soup and another big pot of chili.

After we ate, TheHub finished up a bit of work and I printed a couple of things I needed to add to a few of our Christmas cards, then we settled in to watch Christmas movies.

And because My Favorite Things is not really a Christmas Song, how about one from a beloved Alabama crooner.



18 comments:

  1. Sounds like another great day for you. When I was decorating the tree, I turned on Christmas movies or musicals. Saturday evening it was The Sound of Music. I saw Julie Andrews on Broadway long ago. She was beautiful.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is not only beautiful but she had the most wonderful set of pipes!

      Delete
  2. Your visit to Independence Place sounds wonderful. The Christmas trash sounds delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think every visit to IP is wonderful, some are just more wonderful than others. The Christmas trash is not wonderful, its a bit too sweet, but they loved it.

      Delete
  3. Christmas trash sounds fun to make and eat! I can understand how it was a big hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they enjoyed making it, but mostly sprinkling it. Lots of sprinkling happened!

      Delete
  4. I cannot believe Christmas will be here in so few days . . .how??? As I've been reading your blog I've always thought you worked with either abused women or possibly folks who have been rescued from trafficking . . . I just looked up Independence Place - soo cool! I would imagine they LOVED making, and eating, Christmas trash!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to start counting down on the 1st and now the days are speeding up!

      Delete
  5. How fun! It sounds as if MAKING "Christmas Trash" is a big part of the enjoyment.
    Love this version of My Favorite Things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this version also. When I think of the song I always mentally hear Julie Andrews singing it.

      Delete
  6. Oh how I love that song... Your Christmas Trash sounds wonderful. Would you believe this is something I've never made before. Soup is always a big hit around here. I love soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Christmas Trash was a fun thing to make with them!

      Delete
  7. I love the term Christmas trash. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, I like the sound of that treat. The classics never get old music wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the music classics. You just can't beat them

      Delete
  9. Sounds like everyone enjoyed making the Christmas trash! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they enjoyed eating them as much as making them.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls, spam, and AI. I delete those suckers forever.