The Bard said it best in his play "Twelfth Night"
"If music be the food of love, play on"
Let's skew his meaning a bit and see just where the love of food and the love of music takes us.
Translate
Wednesday, December 17, 2025
8 Days till Christms
I woke early and begam cooking for the cousins lunch on Thursday. while I was cooking I watched/listened to this video. It is not Christmas unless I hear this little girl "sing"
After a couple of hours in the kitchen it was time to get ready to go to my favorite place on earth. I do not go to Independence Place on Wednesdays very often because I have a conflict with my weekly schedule. However, this Wednesday was free and I was so happy to see some of the participants who can only go on Wednesdays.
The chocolate chip dip they made seemed to go over well. It was a unanimous thumbs up kind of day. I always like days when the entire group wants seconds. Actually, some of them wanted a third helping but that is not something I would ever do with a sweet treat.
I got home and started getting the dining room dressed and ready for tomorrow. I have a very simple centerpiece and am using clear glass plates for this meal. I started to use my Christmas plates, but they have a juvenile print on them (probably because I have had them since the kids were little), and I wanted this to be an adult looking meal.
My beloved sister and I decided we wanted the meal to be made of little bites rather than a regular meal so this is the menu:
Cranberry, pecan spread with crackers
Cheese straws
Broccoli salad
Asparagus bundles
Fruit kabobs
Mini toasted ham and swiss sandwiches with poppyseed spread
Bourbon meatballs
Corn muffins
Pecan pie tarts
Bite size cheese cakes
Alabama mud cake slices
Almond kringle
Snowball candy
Peppermint bark
Coffee, tea or water
I have a little bit more to get ready tonight, then have to wake up hitting it in the morning.
I've seen that video so many times and I laugh every time. About a year ago they had her on TV (she'd be in her mid-to-late 30s by now I reckon) and she said at first she was horrified but she was such a good sport on tv laughing about it. Fame at last!!!!!
It was supposed to read chocolate chip dip. Its a cream cheese, whipped cream, base with brown sugar, confectioners sugar, chocolate chips, pecans (i had to leave them out because some of the participants hate nuts) and toffee bits.
That was my daughter at her first grade Christmas concert. I said what she lacked in talent, she made up in enthusiasm. :) Oooh, your meal sounds delicious. Enjoy your time with the cousins!
Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls, spam, and AI. I delete those suckers forever.
Lucky cousins! The meal sounds perfect to be able to visit and enjoy each other. It sounds like a lot of prep work though.
ReplyDeleteIt was a lot of prep work, but I really do like to cook. For me the hard part was getting the house ready for company. I hate housework
DeleteYour cousins meal sounds lovely. A nice assortment of sweet and savory dishes. :)
ReplyDeleteI loved having everyone here!
DeleteI've seen that video so many times and I laugh every time. About a year ago they had her on TV (she'd be in her mid-to-late 30s by now I reckon) and she said at first she was horrified but she was such a good sport on tv laughing about it. Fame at last!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI watch it every single year and I giggle each time I see it!
DeleteI love that video and song! Your lunch sounds wonderful and I am sure you all will have a wonderful time. Enjoy!!
ReplyDeleteThe little girl is fantastic. To me it is not Christmas unless I watch it.
DeleteWhat a great menu! We do finger foods at one of our family get togethers too. That little girl is singing her heart out. lol
ReplyDeleteGotta love the little girl!
DeleteNo one will go hungry at your luncheon today! What is chocolate dip?
ReplyDeleteIt was supposed to read chocolate chip dip. Its a cream cheese, whipped cream, base with brown sugar, confectioners sugar, chocolate chips, pecans (i had to leave them out because some of the participants hate nuts)
Deleteand toffee bits.
That was my daughter at her first grade Christmas concert. I said what she lacked in talent, she made up in enthusiasm. :)
ReplyDeleteOooh, your meal sounds delicious. Enjoy your time with the cousins!
I love enthusiasm ! It is the best!
DeleteI love Alabama, they were so good. They wrote many Christmas songs, not just covered the usual ones. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI have never been a big Alabama fan except for certain songs. I love this one.
DeleteSounds amazing! Cindy in the South
ReplyDeleteIt was great. Too bad you are in South Alabama or you could come for leftovers!
DeleteYes, it would be a long trek… lol. I know the cousins enjoyed them! Cindy in the South
Delete