Translate

Friday, March 30, 2018

Son3 AKA Red

I know I refer to my sons as Son1, Son2, and Son3 because they do not write this blog and have expressed no interest in being a part of it. With respect of their privacy I keep them anonymous when mentioning them.  Until today, that is.

Son3, who actually has a real name, officially set up a Fb page yesterday to establish his his social media presence. He graduated last May and has been gainfully employed as a musician (and waiter, 'cause you do what you have to do to make ends meet in a very expensive city) since then, playing around NYC, in Sweden and lastly in Havana. In addition to playing, he is writing music, arranging back up instrumentation and learning the business end of the music world.

My sons all have very heavy and fast growing facial hair. At various times all of them have had beards so I was not shocked when he left high school (no more dress codes) and grew one himself. He hates to shave and though he is blond, he beard is a brilliant red. His given name is Will, but when the director of jazz studies gives you a nickname, it sticks, hence the stage name Red Hawley.

I am sharing the link to his FB page and invite you to go check it out. And please feel free to like it! Booking agents look at things like the number of like and followers performers have.


                                                             Red Hawley's FB Page

p.s. I am still going to call him Will

23 comments:

  1. I don't play FB so cannot give your son a 'like'.
    I hope his career goes from strength to strength. And wonder just how long he will carry that nickname. Perhaps until long after the red has gone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Page liked!
    Red the second seems to have lot's of things happening musically. I hope he continues to succeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kylie, I know he appreciates the like.

      Delete
    2. Ignore that "Red the second" I was thinking of another blogger called Red and temporarily thought it was his son. As if I would follow two bloggers with jazz musicians for sons

      Delete
    3. Stranger things have happened Kylie!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Sam! When it is your daughter's time I will return the favor!

      Delete
  4. I like it. Oh, forgot to follow. That is a strong name and not a doofus moniker. Yes, he is Will to you forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! If they had let me name him what I wanted to name him originally he would have had an even better one.

      Delete
  5. Hopped on over to his FB page and did a listen and a like. And it was a true like. Very nice brass including the the trombone. My bother-in-law plays the trombone and would like to do it professionally. Not an easy thing. In the meanwhile, he has a new wife and baby, so he won't be giving up his day job any time soon. He's even playing with blue grass bands if you can imagine that.

    Good luck to your son. Good things will happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine that having a family can seriously put a dent in the daydreams. Will has no one to support other than himself so he is seeing now if it is something he can make a living doing. He honestly likes the business side of it as well as the performance, so he is trying to establish himself on both fronts. I have seen a tuba with a blue grass band before so the trombone is not that far out there.

      Delete
  6. What a great nickname for a musician...although Momma can call him whatever she damn well pleases :) He already sounds famous. So much talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure will! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked Will's page because I liked his page :) Red Hawley is pretty catchy and it looks like he is doing everything to make it in a tough biz. I wish him lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a brutal business but he seems to like every aspect of it.

      Delete
  9. That sure sounds like a musician name :) Good luck to him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wish him luck too. It is a fiercely competitive field.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.