Translate

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

So, While You Were Sleeping

While all of you (except those of you who live on the other side of this orb) were sleeping last night, I summoned my inner kindergartner and played with paper, scissors and paste. I was up until nearly 3 this morning practicing my skills making bridal bouquets. GF2 is wanting a specific look for her arrangement and needs a specific color.

I had none of the supplies needed nor any knowledge about how to make a bouquet since this is the first I have ever attempted. I have an area in the laundry room with all kinds of craft and art supplies and I figured I could find something in there that would work to make a dummy arrangement. The calla lilies are made with junk paper from another project, held together with paste and tape. They are attached to  number two pencils "stems" which were wrapped with sisal. Then I bound the "stems" with tulle from my Christmas wrapping stash, and added a bow.  Ok, several bows and a ton of tulle later something resembling a bouquet happened.


I am pretty sure no florists in the world are threatened by my creation, but it will be something she can hold next her dress and decide is any of these off whites work, of if it is back to the drawing board. When she decides on a color then the hunt for that color can begin. In the meantime I have found how to do something I never knew I could do. However, I am not sure I ever wanted to know how to do it before. It seems my skill set of things I will never use again keeps growing, while skills I could develop to actually use in my day to day living are quite stagnant.

6 comments:

  1. well I think it was definitely time well spent! Its lovely!! I know to well those middle of the night creating sprees,, you were very productive while others were sleeping!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am not totally pleased but I learned something new, so I guess that is a win! Now for a nap!

      Delete
  2. paper cannas and tulle foliage sounds like a pretty good kind of practise run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a decent trial, but I truly understand why florists charge the prices they do. It is an art form and I do not have the "eye" they have.

      Delete
  3. Very creative! I like it! And it's a useful skill to have, I think, to be able to make paper flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Useful or not, it seems to be something I can do. Maybe I have found a creative outlet for junk mail.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.