Translate

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Cruelty to Fellow Blogger

You know how sometimes you can be cruel to someone without meaning to. I found myself in that same position yesterday. It seems I have a collection of iron banks on a book shelf in my guest room. I knew I had the banks, for goodness sake, I put them there. Unintentionally (or maybe even intentionally long ago and I forgot about it) one of the banks was loaded.

Some of you may know that a couple of our blog friends pick up all the coins they find on the streets, at stores, or even beneath a fast food drive in window, then post the totals weekly, monthly and/or yearly. Try to imagine how painful it was for one of those bloggers to see this and have to resist the urge to claim it as found money.


To be perfectly honest I had no idea it was even there and would never have noticed it was gone, but evidently her husband, who is not infected with the coin finding obsession, issued an edict declaring said quarter safe from all hunting.

Just hearing them talk about it made me laugh, but I would have laughed even harder if they had told me about her resisting the urge to "find" it, then I had gone into the guest room and found it had disappeared. The little things in life give me the most pleasure and I can be so easily amused.

Next time they come through town I will seed the driveway with pennies and an occasional silver colored coin!

31 comments:

  1. LOL. I love the idea of picking up cange but its a thinkg of the past around here now. Even with a reacher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was picking up a penny in the Publix parking lot the other day and this random dude walking out of the store said "Another thousand and you will almost have some money"

      Delete
  2. I was very pleased to find $.35 while skiing. I almost fell on the icy sidewalk, but worth it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I understand! I am not a change hunter, but I think I might become at least an amateur one.

      Delete
  3. Did you have a good visit? I think I'm in the know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I can't imagine, though I think the cat might be out of the bag now!

      Delete
    2. BTW I tried to get the quarter out and it is stuck. I could not get it to budge.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I have laughed over and over when thinking about it!

      Delete
  6. So tempting! And a quarter at that! lol She was drooling over change inside a fountain that was in front of a restaurant we went to, but her hubby said not to even think of it. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he told me that. She wants a little aquarium fishnet so she can discretely remove coins, lol.

      Delete
  7. My sister says that when she sees change, she considers it "pennies from heaven" and it is our father saying hi to her. I liked the idea, so I pick up coins now. One time I got $0.43 in one parking lot. He had a lot to say that day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny! The only change I find is in the washing machine. I made $2.35 last week but it was from my own pockets so...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it in the washing machine too, but it was in my own pockets to begin with, so no win for me there!

      Delete
  9. Fun story! We walk, a lot, and sometimes see money -- usually pennies -- on the ground. But not nearly as often as we used to -- probably because everyone is using plastic cards or phones instead of actual cash these days. Anyway, enjoyed the post -- thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized how little i use cash and how much I use my credit card (covet those airlines miles) when I saved every 5 dollar bill I got as change during the year. On Jan.31 I counted a whopping 95 bucks!

      Delete
  10. You know Anne I just would not give her (remain anonymous)the benefit of the doubt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish when I went up to get the sheets the quarter had been gone! I save all our change yearly in a jar and put it in a savings account for our granddaughter. I noticed her eyeing it!

      Delete
  11. I know who that discoverer of money is. I, too, love to find money.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some of those old money banks go for serious money on eBay. Maybe you have a treasure or two in your collection.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.