Translate

Monday, January 13, 2020

Whats Going Into the Mouth Around Here This Week

Once again I am going to try and plan a menu for our dinner meals for the week. This week TheHub is going to be out of town a good bit so I will eat whatever is easy to make and requires little prep time since I plan on a lot of night time reading.  These meals are in no particular order and will probably not be the actual meals we/I have, but they are a starting point at least.

1. Keto sloppy joe's, coleslaw
2. Buffalo chicken dip, veggies and  toast. tossed salad
3. Soup and keto crackers
4.Chicken salad "sandwich" (On one of those fake buns that are keto friendly)
5. Scallops, asparagus, alfredo over noodles or zoodles
6. Cheese sandwiches, soup
7. Leftover pork tenderloin, with cauliflower fake mac and cheese, green beans

Keto crap I need to make for the week
1. Keto dinner rolls
2. Sun butter cookies (need and want are interchangeable here)
3. Keto fake cinnamon toast crunch cereal
4. Keto soup (most likely chicken broth base with veggies)

One good thing about this menu is unless there are some terrific stock up deals at the store, I will not need to buy a thing at the grocery store. I would say I won't have to go to the store all week but that would be lying. Mom needs something else the minute I bring her groceries through the door, so I seem to shop for her at least every other day. I secretly think we are feeding her sitters well.

20 comments:

  1. My mother was crazy about groceries also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get it, but I guess it does not matter if I get it or not.

      Delete
  2. As long as you have good to your mother and dependable sitters, it really does not matter if you feed them well. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind feeing them when they are with mom but I suspect a lot fo food is going to their houses.

      Delete
  3. I am sure that you are feeding her sitters - which seems a small price to pay.
    You are much more organised that I am. Later today (it is not yet seven) we will go grocery shopping. Apart from essentials the things we will buy will depend on specials and how things look, and meals will evolve accordingly. Or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week I have the luxury of having an overstocked freezer and a lot of fresh produce, so I do not have to shop for groceries. I am not usually organized but for the past couple of months I have just been winging it and need to have my aim in some direction.

      Delete
  4. It will be fun to again see what you don't eat from you meal plan. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I probably won't, but at least I have some ideas.

      Delete
  5. Even if you don't eat what you planned for the week, I still enjoy seeing your menus and they give me some ideas for meals of my own (not that I will make them, myself, either, but, still, inspiration!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep looking at that scallop meal and I am not sure at all about it. The scallops will be fine in the freezer until I am more in the mood to eat them, or I will just put on my big girl britches and eat it anyway!

      Delete
  6. I don't menu plan, but I like reading other people's menus. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really like to plan and I don't think I have ever actually cooked more than 3 meals from a weekly plan. It is most likely a futile effort, but it does make me scour the fridge and freezer to see what needs to be used.

      Delete
  7. I have a hard time coming up with what to make for dinner tonight, let alone planning for a week. However, like Nil, I like reading others menus as you give me ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I will most likely make different meals but at least through planning I know what I have available to use.

      Delete
  8. I think the less you have to do the more groceries become more important. My Mom is kind of the same although I drag her along for the exercise. Do you think Keto works? It seems like a lot of work to me (yes, I am super lazy when it comes to cooking, I do it but don't love it)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it works, and it works best if I stay on it! I lost a good bit then was on it most day then off a day. Kind of wishy washy about it, but still lost a little. Then the holidays came (4 weeks off and 7 pounds on)
      Back on with a vengeance now! It can be as simple or complicated as you want to make it. I get bored eating the same things so I do make a lot of things and it does take time to make them, but a single prep day and I can have enough made and in the freezer to last a month.

      Delete
  9. You have definitely been faithful to your keto for a long while, way to go! Yes, you are smart to wonder about the food at your mom's home!!! One care giver for my mom came very early in the morning, loaded the car and took it wherever and then would return in time for mom to get up in the morning. Some carried food and more out the door we realized after a while, you don't know who to trust in a situation like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not mind them eating whatever they want as long as they sit, eat and converse with mom. I just don't want to be supplying their home kitchens.

      Delete
  10. How does keto work out for you? Did you loose weight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keto works very well as long as I stay faithful to it! Yes I lost and am losing again after a pause from Thanksgiving through Jan 3.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.