Translate

Sunday, October 23, 2022

Joys for Week 42

For those still counting,We have just finished the 42nd week of the year. We are in the countdown folks! Just ten more weeks of joys until we turn the page on a new year. 
And just for today, the musical interlude has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but is an ear worm that I can't get out of may head. Hopefully by posting it, someone else will catch it and it will leave me alone. (I blame TheHub because he was playing this the other night when it hopped in my brain and will not go away)



 Saturday: Game day, Bama lost, Tennessee won, Roll Tide. ( I am a Bama fan regardless of the game outcome, but I do like it better when they win) Son2, DIL2, and TGS came over to watch the game. They stayed after the game and we celebrated TheHub's birthday with a meal and a lot of laughter.
Sunday: I hope TheHub understands just exactly how much I do love him. I went shopping with him as part of his birthday present. To an outlet mall, no less. It seems neither of his two favorite stores have a retail establishment in town anymore. Since going to an outlet mall feels like I have entered the second level of Hell, my joy for the day was leaving the stores!
Son2 came over to our house (they were actually here when we got home) to help us get the pool covered. This year we got it on before the Great Leaf Dump happens, which is another huge joy.

Monday: I had a little running around to do. The day was drop dead gorgeous with temps in the upper 70's. It was perfect for running errands. Coming home and only having to warm leftovers for dinner was the icing on a near perfect day.

Tuesday: I began the day doing some food prep for the week. Before I even had my first cup of coffee, I had two pots of beans I had soaked overnight  on the stove.
I really do find joy when I get things done ahead of time. It just makes the rest of the week so much easier. Additionally I made enough for several freezer meals, which will make sometime in the near future easier.

Wednesday: I love what I got to do Wednesday more than just about anything I do. Son2 asked me to come paint animals for his upcoming show, so I was able to spend the better part of my day with the participants of The Independence Place. I love going there and interacting with all of them. 
I did not get home until later and even though I had a ton of food prepped and ready to warm, TheHub wanted to go somewhere to break up the week. Instead of eating soup as planned, we went to The Purple Onion.
I was not feeling great, so as soon as we got home I put on my pajamas and promptly fell asleep on the couch.

Thursday: There was both disdain and joy on Thursday. I stayed at home the entire day.  I needed a home day to get things done but I had let some things go and had much more to do than I wanted to do. The disdain was having to do so much but the joy was getting it done

Friday: This was a day for laundry and laughs. Though I had a boatload of clothes and towels that needed tending my beloved sister dropped by. Whenever she come over you can bet that hilarity ensues. laundry through laughter is such and easier chore.

Look for your joys, no matter how small. They are there even if you really have to search for them.

May all your weeds be wildflowers,
Anne

20 comments:

  1. The times I have gone to an outlet mall, I just went to the store I needed and left. Of course, I did not shop the whole mall anywhere. I did have to find the cookie vendor in the mall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even worse this time was having to wait while TheHub tried things on. But he did find some nice shoes and clothes.

      Delete
  2. Laundry through laughter sounds a lot fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughter is always fun, even if it does entail some laundry.

      Delete
  3. That was a truly generous gift to your husband - I sometimes go to Costco with my partner for similar reasons. He loves it, I find it overwhelming.
    Hooray for joys - and your Wednesday sounds pretty near perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good week, with lots of time with family. I'd love some of your warm weather - it is snowing and cool here.
    Laundry through laughter would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The outlet malls near us just seem as expensive as department stores. I hate most shopping anyway. You are a dear wife for doing that with him. Sorry for the 'Bama loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not like to shop except for groceries at all. I must have been standing behind the door when the shopping gene was doled out.

      Delete
  6. Well Bama won yesterday playing Mississippi State so Roll Tide Roll! The only outlet malls I can think of that I go to are down at Gulf Shores.I have not been in years to the outlet mall there. Where is there an outlet mall in Birmingham area? Obviously I don’t shop much…. Lol. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is one outside of Leeds right off 20. I just flat out hate to go shopping and an outlet or mall is even worse than regular shopping.

      Delete
  7. Oh I wish I had a sister to come over and sit with me through laundry. Can you believe our year is almost over?? (Little Penpen)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my, but, only 10 more weeks?! How is that even possible?
    One of my favorite songs, but, I prefer the original version (by Jimmy Dean). I already got one ear worm, reading about jambalaya on another blog! Now, I've got two ear worms competing! :D
    Sounds like you were able to find some wonderful joys this week! I have yet to step into an outlet mall, but, I've family members who love going to them! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just plain and simple do not like to shop! Sorry about the ear worm!

      Delete
  9. Only 10 weeks?!! Time flies when you're having fun and finding your joys. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is just flying by! And I am watching it as it does.

      Delete
  10. I miss you and Slugs and my sister. So many laughs. So much fun. 10 weeks! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss y'all too and I am seriously in a laugh dessert, except when My Beloved Sister came over!

      Delete
  11. That sounds like a perfect week to me - although I could have done without the ear worm!

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.