Translate

Monday, October 31, 2022

Scary Meal Planning

Halloween is here and with it begins fall foods and the Holiday countdown. 


What was planned:
1. Chicken pot pie, tossed salad
2. Puerto Rican beans and rice, coleslaw
3 Italian sausage with sautéed peppers, onions and tomatoes,  biscuits
4. Cauliflower au gratin, green beans, cucumber tomato and onion salad
5. Carolina hamburger, sweet potato fries
6. Vegetable soup or chili and cornbread
7. Out to eat

What we really and truly ate:
Monday: The soup was made, but I was out of cornmeal. That alone might cancel my Southern card. 
Vegetable soup, toasted English muffins

Tuesday: I needed to use a serious number of peppers. 
Italian sausage, onions, peppers (tons of peppers) potato, and tomato skillet dish

Wednesday: This was our anniversary which meant getting dressed up to go out. (Not my strong suit) 
Dinner at Perry's. Smoked salmon, sautéed mushrooms, wedge salad or grilled redfish with asparagus, bread pudding

Thursday: The easiest dinner I could manage was to take something out of the freezer, heat and eat.
 Chili with Fritos (TheHub's preference)

Friday: I was determined to try this and it was really good. We will be having them again. I even made some real fries because I got 8 pounds of Idaho potatoes for $3.99. Those of you who live in potato states go ahead and shake your heads at what the sale price is here.
Carolina Burger, French fries

Saturday: This was a gathering the fragments type of day.
Leftovers (Bits and pieces of anything we had leftover from the week)

Sunday: We had tickets to an afternoon event which was before we had a chance to eat lunch. When it was over it was too late for lunch but too early for dinner so we decided to grab something on the way home for a "lunner"
Fish sandwich


The possibilities for this week are:
1 hot dogs ,baked beans, coleslaw, chips (Our traditional Halloween dinner)
2 lentil soup, cornbread
3 broccoli cheese stuffed baked potato
4 chicken pot pie, tossed salad
5 out to eat
6 Broccoli stuffed chicken breast, salad or coleslaw
7.Spaghetti with meat sauce, tossed salad

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all.

17 comments:

  1. Baked potatoes sound so good. Now that's what I want for dinner! I made chicken & dumplings in the crockpot last night, and I love soup season. Only two of us eat soup, so the rest is in the freezer for future lunches. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love soup too! Thankfully TheHub will eat it as long as the weather is cooler.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is a burger with a spiced coleslaw and a smear of chili sauce.

      Delete
    2. Interesting. I haven't seen those around here.

      Delete
  3. What kind of Southerner runs out of cornmeal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least two of us did__See Cindy in the South, below

      Delete
  4. Our Kwik Trip special was 5 pounds russet fit 99¢, Darn right we're eating baked and roasted potatoes. I'll pass some to my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember the last time I could get 5 pounds of potatoes for 99 cents. That is a great deal.

      Delete
  5. cancel your Southern card! that's funny.
    I like the sound of the Halloween meal. It's too late for me to copy but maybe next year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good hop up and answer the door for trick or treaters type of meal.

      Delete
  6. I am laughing at the cancel your southern card remark bc I ran out of cornmeal (actually pantry moths and I had to discard…. Ugh) and I keep forgetting to buy more! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep mine in the freezer and honestly thought I had some. Either I don't, or it is well hidden in the frozen recesses of stacked veggies

      Delete
  7. Chicken pot pie sounds wonderful! So does the cornbread! I have a spare box of cornmeal, but, I only like the "cake" version of cornbread! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake cornbread is a travesty and I am pretty sure it is a sin against nature. Of course that might just be my southern accent coming out.

      Delete
  8. Happy Anniversary! But you'd better find a way to get your Southern Card reinstated.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I've been saying "Bless her heart" for 2 days straight. I think that will work.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.