Translate

Monday, October 17, 2022

Food Without Thought.

 I am not even going to mention what all was eaten last week. There were moments of deliciousness at the beach, an Arby's Reuben sandwich, a birthday steak dinner and a peanut butter sandwich. I already mentioned some of it on my joy list anyway, so instead of recounting our last weeks meals I am just going ahead with our plans for this week. They may or may not happen, since I have other possibilities floating around in the vault (brain). No matter what, this is going to be a week of simple prep.


I don't even like CW music and I like this song.

Plans for dinner this week:

1. Leftover steak, leftover mashed potatoes, leftover tossed salad, leftover birthday cake

2. Puerto Rican rice and beans, coleslaw, wacky apple cake

3. Sausage casserole, tossed salad, Brussels sprouts

4. Unstuffed pepper casserole, (tons of small peppers need to be picked before a forecast frost) coleslaw, cooked carrots

5. Chop Suey,  rice, spinach salad, lavender cookie with vanilla ice cream

6. Vegetable soup or chili, cornbread, coleslaw

7. Carolina hamburger, air fryer French fires or sweet potato fries

Of course I am not delusional and am pretty sure we will go out at least one night this week, with a strong possibility of twice. After all these years I do understand TheHub's need for eating out.

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all.

26 comments:

  1. You will be fed anyway. I do envy you on the going out thing. I really don't remember the last time we ate out - or even had take away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I do enjoy a night off the cooking thing, I get tired of going out to eat, especially mid week.

      Delete
  2. It all sounds good to me. I haven't made a plan for this week, yet. I just ate an assortment of leftovers, today! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been trying very hard to limit food waste, so leftovers work well here too. I just have to reconfigure them because TheHub is not a leftover fan.

      Delete
  3. Being gone a few days, I'm happy to get back to my sister's meals, though like you, may change things up. I've got a few things tucked away if I do t feel like cooking at all. I want to make bread, so therefore I'll want to do more soup if some sort of chili.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should read simple meals, though if my sister's want to cook for me, I'm happy to oblige.

      Delete
    2. Sam.
      I wondered about that "sister's meals" comment and was trying to remember.

      Delete
    3. My sister is not a great cook but I would let her cook for me too! I get the simple meals wish. We just need to eat some simple and cheap meals for a while.

      Delete
  4. My husband likes to eat out more than I do. I wonder if it's a guy thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TheHub eats out every day at lunch, but still likes to go out at least twice a week. I am not sure if it is the actual going out that bothers me, or if it is having to put on makeup!

      Delete
  5. I haven't had Arby's Reuben in ages... on brother, it'll be on my mind until I get one, now. lol Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Reubens are the only thing I really like from Arby's.

      Delete
  6. I never met a Country/Western song I didn't like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the old country, but am not a fan of the contemporary.

      Delete
  7. I have to be careful about wishing to go get something because Tommy is right there, ready to go. Maybe I will cook blackeyed peas this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TheHub would love it if I made black eyed peas this week, but I am not!

      Delete
  8. It all sounds good to me. Enjoy your meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy our meals, even if it is just a pbj sandwich and conversation.

      Delete
  9. We haven’t really started going out to eat in the aftermath of the pandemic. The prices seem so high! there is a labor shortage! so many downsides!

    I am awed by your planning. I’m about to go to Trader Joe’s and my plan goes as far as having “Frozen Dinners” on the list, as I’m trying to make my life easier.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you had a wonderful time!

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  11. lavender cookie sounds interesting!
    you have listed two desserts, what makes those the dessert days? will there be an unlisted dessert on the other days? these are important questions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wacky cake is just to use an apple that needs to be used but is a tad past really good eating as an apple.
      I have been wanting to try the labander cookie recipe and there is a bit of ice cream left from the birthday celebration.
      We normally do not have dessert.

      Delete
  12. The flyover just happened! Game about to begin! ROLL TIDE!!!!!! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t know why it says 4 pm. It is 6 pm!!!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL!!! Cindy in the South

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.