Translate

Saturday, October 29, 2022

Joys and a Celebration

We are another week closer to the end of the year. In my world once it is our anniversary week (Oct 26) the holiday season is off and running, and does not stop until New Year's Day




Saturday:TheHub and I did some running around in the morning kind of like we do every Saturday. Going out and about is kind of his weekend answer to his daily Publix recreational shopping habit. I go with him (not always cheerily). I honestly hate running errands on Saturday. I plan my shopping trips or errands for days of the week and times  of day when crowds are traditionally low.
There was an upside to going out with him though. At about 11:30 he decided we needed a Sneaky Pete's hotdog for lunch. It is close to our house so we stopped and got regular Sneaky's for him and a slaw dog for me.
We came home, ate and mucked around the house before he and Son2 left for the Alabama game. 
DIL2 and TGS came over to watch the game and have a comfort food meal with me. I do love having them over here.

Sunday: TheHub worked Sunday morning and I drank coffee and watched episodes of The Chosen. After he came home we just hung around the house, and basked in the beautiful day.

Monday: Our friend's funeral was Monday. It was a beautiful celebration of his life and I was honored to have known him and know his family. He was one of a kind and will be missed, but whenever he is thought of by anyone who knew him, it will be with a smile. I am not sure there is a better legacy than that.

Tuesday: We had high winds and some heavy, much needed, rain. I did not have to go anywhere, so I didn't. I stayed at home and did some house stuff, including sneaking one of the Halloween treats.  I give out full size Hershey Bars and admit I ate the entire thing one delicious rectangle at a time. I have enough for  86 85 Trick or Treaters. I might buy one more pack just to be safe. If I have any left over we can always make s'mores when we have a fire in the fire pit.
TheHub reminded me that Wednesday would be our anniversary and we made plans to go out to eat.

Wednesday: I had class Wednesday morning, then cherry picked a couple of grocery stores. I had a surprise phone call from Sissie (Kim's twin) which was wonderful, then got home and found a surprise package in the mail from Kim. I will talk about it a little later, but it replaced an item I have somewhere in my house. (or it got tossed when we were doing the final clean out at Mom's house). It will be extremely useful to finish on project that I began and could not finish and another that is downstairs waiting on me to start.
Special note to Sissie: I did get as gussied up as possible for our Anniversary dinner. 
Our favorite celebration restaurant has not reopened since the quarantine, so we went to Perry's instead.  It was very good and the "doggie bag" I brought home had enough food for 3 lunches.

Thursday: I was supposed to go to Independence Place and paint background scenery for their winter play, but woke with some arthritis issues and could not even hold a coffee cup with my right hand. I am one of the most seriously right handed individuals in the universe, using my left hand only for balance.  I knew if my hand was not working I could not paint and there was no reason for me to go hang out there doing nothing. I hate I missed it because I love being there.  Next week, for sure!
The day was not a loss nor was it joyless, but I did miss seeing my friends there.

Friday: I could not get to sleep at all Thursday night and finally drifted off at about 5 Friday morning. My biggest joy was having nothing to do on Friday morning that could not be easily moved to another time. So I slept until about 10:30 and it was blissful.  
My beloved sister is also having trouble sleeping at night. We decided we need to either have a midnight meeting at Waffle Awful House for some scattered, smothered, covered, and chunked. Then we could hit a 24 hour drug store to find the single most bizarre item there. 
Or maybe we should just get a graveyard shift job stocking Walmart stores. We could make our insomnia pay off to the tune of $10.15 an hour plus no benefits. Sounds like a plan, huh?  
At least we had a lot of laughs talking about it.

Look for your joys. They are always out there!

May all your weeds be wildflowers,
Anne

14 comments:

  1. I hear you on being seriously right handed. As a child I was ambidextrous with a tendency to use my left. A school teacher tied my left hand behind my back. Which 'cured' me.
    Love, love, love you and your sister's insomnia antidotes. Huge thanks for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were just thinking of late, late night activities which are severely limited in Alabama unless you are a barfly and neither of us are into the late night drinking scene.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful day today and Roll Tide (although they are not playing this week) and I cannot say that out loud next week bc my daughter graduated from LSU, and youngest son from Alabama. A house divided… lol. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roll Tide and even if you don't say it out loud next week, I will flip back to this weeks joy list and read it again!

      Delete
  3. My DH's friends Celebration of Life is November 19. DH has been grieving. Your week if joys is terrific- loved ones a d your anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another anniversary is always good. It means there are no lawyers working for either of us!

      Delete
  4. Until now, I could always find a way to fill sleepless nights. Barfly and Walmart employee were not on the list. Sewing, reading, vacuuming, doing dishes were my alternates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary 'season'! I'm giggling over the midnight run for bizarre treasure. Sounds like a task for sorority rush.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy (belated) anniversary! Maybe I'll join you and your sister at the graveyard shift stocking shelves! I'll bring my daughter along too, as she is another night owl! :D Sorry you were unable to help paint on Thursday; hope you'll be OK to do so next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would eat the entire Hershey bar if I had them in the house. Can't have those sweets near me..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I try not to get into the Halloween candy early, but my husband broke out the Twix last night. Now we need to reassess if we have enough. Oh, well. Such are the risks of buying the candy early. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that I'm retired I realize just how miserable shopping on a Saturday is so I commiserate! A belated happy anniversary to you both (and I hope your arthritis pain clears up soon)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! My husband has trouble sleeping. No fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy anniversary. Regine

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.