Translate

Sunday, November 12, 2023

Small Joys Are Also Joyous

After a busy weekend with guests, fun and frivolity, our lives returned to normal. I enjoy the visitors and am usually a little bummed once they are gone.



Sunday: By noon there was no one left at the house except for TheHub and me. Luckily, Son3 brought the towels and sheets to the laundry room so I could begin the wash and get the rooms ready for whatever/whomever comes next. Not having to go upstairs to gather the. was a huge joy (and a big help).

Monday: I was tired after the weekend houseguests, so I just hung out around the house and got things back in order for the week. (Translation: I stayed home and mostly read)

Tuesday: My Beloved Sister and I went out and about. We did not do anything spectacular, but it was wonderful having someone doing it with me instead of riding around solo. Plus we are serious laughers when we are together!

Wednesday: I should have gone to my Wednesday class, and had every intention of doing so. I woke very early and needed to read before went. Unfortunately after I read what we were going to discuss, I decided to read for about 30 minutes of another book I had been reading. To say I lost track of time is an understatement. My 30 minutes of planned reading turned into about an hour and a half without me realizing how much time had passed. By then I did not have time to get showered, dressed and drive there. Next time I plan on reading beforehand, I won't start until I am completely dressed for the day. And I will have Alexa give me a time reminder.

Thursday: As I mentioned before TheHub is jonesing for a larger TV. While I was upstairs I measured a media console we currently have there and found it will work well for a larger television. Woo hoo! I really did not want to buy another one. I went ahead and listed the tv armoire we had in the den in the "buy nothing" local facebook group and on our neighborhood group as well. I found a taker pretty quickly! So step one of getting the den ready for TheHub's viewing pleasure had begun.
I also found a Youtube channel, Metatron, I like listening to.  I don't need to watch it, but can run it though bluetooth speaker and hear it while I do my thing around the house.

Friday: I woke to overcast skies and was excited at the prospect of rain. We have been in a protracted drought situation with occasional wildfires breaking out. It never actually rained at my house, but the air felt heavy and damp which at least gave me hope of rain to come.
TheHub came home early and we had a final meeting with the landscaper before having the first stage of work done. I am glad of two things. Firstly he cannot get started until the Monday after Thanksgiving, which is perfect because we will have houseguests then. And secondly the first stage should only take about a week to finish. Ah, the advantages of having heavy equipment at your disposal. 

Saturday: I woke to rain, blissful rain. It rained (ok, mostly drizzled) all day here and was a wonderful, even though temporary, respite from the drought. I sincerely hope we have cloud cover and rain for the next week.
We hopped up and got everything out of the media cabinets, which were to be picked up shortly after the Alabama football game ended (There was no way we were going to let something like giving away our furniture interfere with game day) Bama won, Roll Tide!
It turned out one of my neighbors has a daughter getting married in the winter, and they have just bought a house. They were thrilled with the pieces and we were thrilled to get them out of the house. 
We moved our coffee table where the unit had been and put our set on it temporarily, because there were more games to watch  
We have to find someone else to move the existing piece downstairs. It is a heavy two person job and neither TheHub nor I need to be the ones navigating the stairs with it.  One of the advantages of age is a little wisdom!

Look for your joys, no matter how small. They are always out there!

May all your weeds be wildflowers.
Anne



13 comments:

  1. Hooray for joys - which as you say are always out there. I am so pleased to hear that someone else can (and does) get lost in a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roll Tide! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that my move is finished, I'm looking forward to a day and more that I can sit and read. I've been managing a few chapters a night before bed, but a few hours would be bliss.
    Hope your rain continues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy reading your weekly joys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had no rain, just a bit of mist. Auburn won, too. War Eagle! We rooted for Alabama, too. Tommy will not buy a larger TV since his 50" has no picture, only sound. So, we watch a 32".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've missed scheduled events more than once because a book captured me and wouldn't let me go.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, small joys are still joys. Sometimes the best. Sounds like a pretty great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband's family are big readers and have missed planes waiting in airports while reading. I like reading, but not as much as they do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Small joys are where it’s at today.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was very thoughtful of your son to being the towels and sheets to the laundry room for you. Not having to go upstairs would be a HUGE help for me too. We've had rain here over the weekend too and it was a welcome sight for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad there are Alexas in this world to keep me on my toes.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.