Translate

Monday, November 6, 2023

Veni Vidi Voravi

I have been terribly apathetic about cooking lately and I am not sure why. But now that the dreaded time change has occurred and we are in the land of eternal darkness, maybe I will start enjoying cooking again just to have something to do when the nights seem to last forever. 




What was planned:
Leftover pizza, tossed salad
Hotdogs and coleslaw
Black bean soup, cornbread 
Stuffed bell peppers, coleslaw, cornbread
Out to eat
Veggie meal TBD Soup and sandwich meal TBD


Monday: A few weeks ago I bought an uncooked pizza, that was entirely too large for us to eat in one sitting.  Instead I cut it in half prior to cooking ,so I could freeze it for another day.  It was nice to have on a night I just did not feel like cooking.
Pizza, tossed salad

Tuesday: We have eaten this meal every single Halloween night since our adult sons were very young. No sense breaking traditions
Hot dogs, coleslaw, chili cheese Fritos (TheHub's request)

Wednesday: I had cooked dried black beans on Tuesday specifically to make Wednesday's dinner.
Cuban black bean soup, coleslaw

Thursday: Leftovers from Sunday's lunch (rotisserie chicken from Publix) became dinner.
Chicken divan,  tossed salad

Friday: DIL3 and Son3 requested we go to Styx. She had never been to a restaurant like this before and we were happy to oblige.
Japanese steak house offerings

Saturday: The guys all went to the ballgame and I had a girls night with the DIL's. I can't ever express how much I love having them here with me. We decided to just order delivery for dinner.
Baker's Pizza

What's next???? (I have to rearrange the pantry and freezer today so this might change drastically)
1. Copycat Chik_fil_a sandwiches, green vegetable of some sort
2. TheHub has a dinner meeting, so who knows? Leftovers or cracker and cheese maybe
3. TheHub has a second dinner meeting so who knows again? Cereal or popcorn maybe
4. Grilled tuna steaks, tossed salad, baked potatoes
5. Hamburger patty, coleslaw, rice, green beans
6. Chicken (grilled or roasted, not sure yet) ,salad, asparagus
7. Soup and sandwich meal TBD

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all.


21 comments:

  1. yes it does feel like eternal darkness has set in -- and we are much further north, so the nights are even longer here than yours!
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though I don't go to sleep, I find myself wanting to throw on my pj's way too early.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the recipe. Sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to visit Japanese steak house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good but I have been twice in less than a month, so I am good for another year or so.

      Delete
  4. Sounds delicious! I need to come up with a meal plan for this week that is fairly low carb. Difficult for me because I love my carbs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading of someone else who just doesn't bother cooking when they are on their own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see no point to it. I am perfectly content with popcorn, crackers or something similar.

      Delete
  6. I go in phases where I sometimes just don't feel like cooking! We too had a Halloween dinner tradition - usually a big pot of homemade soup and a sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to hear others have traditional Halloween meals.

      Delete
  7. The evenings are so long now. Maybe I should take up cooking to fill them as you suggested. Or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds delicious. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things might work out or they might now. Either way we will eat something every night.

      Delete
  9. It's always nice to have something to pull out and heat up when you don't feel like cooking. Our traditional Halloween meal is a big pot of beef chili with all the toppings. It was a cold Halloween night here, so it hit the spot. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made a full meal yesterday it was just like old times.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm writing from Ohio, Columbus precisely. I was diagnosed with brain cancer in August of 2010 and my wife breast cancer, A precious friend (African American) told me about Dr Jekawo A traditional herbal doctor in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my brain cancer,my wife breast cancer and herpes completely that we will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the herbal medicines preparation which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for 21 days to cure.I told Eric my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after I and my wife drinking for 21 days we were cured completely, I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with herpes or cancer to reach this great herbal doctor and that what i'm doing.
    Dr Jekawo told me he can cure the following disease.Cancer,Hiv/Aids,Herpes,Diabetes,Parkison,Copd,Hepatitis.. Here Is His Contact Info......[drjekawo@gmail.com] thank you so much for this great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.