Translate

Sunday, April 21, 2024

Almost A Dinner Winner Week

When I looked over the planned vs what happened list, I realized we had 5 out of the 7 nights of the week that coincided. That is almost a record for me.  I feel good!



Planned: 
1. Sandwich meal
2. Tuna steaks, asparagus, some sort of potato, coleslaw, Italian bread
3. Salad, tuna dip, crackers
4.Veggie meal TBD
5. Huli huli chicken, tossed salad, maybe rice, maybe not
6. Steak, baked potato, tossed salad
7. Out to eat

VS 

What Happened:
Sunday: It was a perfect day to cook on the grill, so I have no idea why I chose to just sear inside. "My name is Anne and I'm . . .)
Tuna steaks, new potatoes, asparagus, sliced tomatoes

Monday. We had to be in Nashville for an evening event and wanted something to eat before hand. I packed a small cooler with a couple of drinks and sandwiches which we ate in the hotel.
Pimento cheese sandwiches

Tuesday: We drove back from Nashville and had planned a meal that required no cooking.
Tossed salad, smoked tuna dip, crackers

Wednesday: Veggie meal night. I had bought a couple of things at the produce stand Saturday that needed to be used.
Collards, squash and onions, tomato cucumber red onion salad, cornbread

Thursday: TheHub had eaten lunch at Cracker Barrel and brought home another $5 small plate for us to share
Smoked chicken, mashed potatoes, tossed salad

Friday: We had an event to go to and it lasted a little longer than we thought it would. We stopped and picked up a late late dinner on the way home.
Mushroom burger or grilled cheese

Saturday: Neither of us were particularly hungry and there was no reason to cook a real meal.
Chicken noodle soup

What's next?
1. Huli Huli chicken
2. Grilled grouper, tossed salad, dinner rolls
3. Burgers with all the fixings
4. Salad meal TBD
5. Chicken salad open face sandwich, fruit salad
6. Veggie meal
7. Out to eat or take out

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all.


22 comments:

  1. Congrats on you all time record of following your plan! Every once in a while, when the planets are in perfect alignment, curious things can happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great!! It rained most of the night in Ttown last night. Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had tuna steak ... or smoked dip for that matter. Going to investi*Google!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep tuna steaks in the freezer all the time. We love them. I buy the tuna dip already prepared but I really need to smoke a tuna steak and make my own. Maybe this summer?

      Delete
  4. Even if you veered off, you had options which is always a win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an almost ridiculous food storage, plus I always have something frozen. A most often it is only enough for one of us, but occasionally there's enough leftover to freeze two servings.

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you had quite the culinary adventure this week, Anne! Despite the slight deviation from your planned meals, it's fantastic that you managed to coincide with your planned dinners for five out of seven nights - that's definitely something to celebrate!

    Your impromptu meals still sound delicious and satisfying. From seared tuna steaks to pimento cheese sandwiches, each dish has its own charm and flavor. And it's always nice to have a mix of home-cooked meals and takeout or dining out experiences throughout the week.

    Your upcoming meal plans sound equally enticing, from Huli Huli chicken to grilled grouper and burgers with all the fixings. Whether you stick to the plan, deviate a bit, or go with the flow, I'm sure your meals will be enjoyable and memorable.

    Thanks for sharing your week with us! Read my new blog post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am being totally honest, I do like food to be enjoyable but I don't aim for memorable. It happens sometimes, but most night it is just dinner.

      Delete
  6. Definitely a very delicious week! Love James Brown :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done. I actually planned (and created) a mushroom risotto this week. All mine since the other two legged resident doesn't like mushroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds delicious and even better that you don't have to share.

      Delete
  8. I always love how you plan meals. Everything you eat always sounds so good. So where do you get a mushroom burger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A local place not far from my home has grilled portabella's as a meat substitute.

      Delete
  9. Well done staying on the plan for most of the week! Your meals always sound so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am counting 5 of 7 days as a huge success for me. I don't think I will ever stay exactly on plan because things always change a little.

      Delete
  10. Your meals always sound good to me. Way to go staying on plan!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased that it worked out, though I really don't care at all if I go off the plan as long as no food waste is involved.

      Delete
  11. It all sounds delicious. Do you make your own pimento cheese or buy it? I've done both, although it is very high to buy it ready made right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do make my own. We really do love pimento cheese and have it a lot on weekends as lunch.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.