Translate

Sunday, April 14, 2024

Curses, Foiled By Rain

I had planned on doing a lot of grilling, but obviously had not paid attention to the weather report. Instead of beautiful spring days, we had a lot of clouds and wet stuff Monday  afternoon through Thursday. I guess I could  have done it anyway but I don't like to cook while dodging raindrops.



Planned:
1. Veggie meal
2. Huli huli chicken, rice, mixed greens
3. Tuna steak, asparagus, mashed potatoes
4. Leftover spaghetti dinner, tossed salad
5. Out to eat
6. Steak, baked potato, tossed salad
7. Big salad dinner TBD

VS

Reality:
Sunday: We had gone to our local produce stand and were surprised at the variety he had. Our purchases sealed the deal on our veggie meal.
Black eyed peas, okra, tomato slices

Monday: This is the one leftover meal TheHub never says no to. I am pretty sure it is because I save the sauce only and cook fresh pasta to serve it on. As long as it work, I am not complaining.
Leftover spaghetti, tossed salad, hot dog bun garlic bread

Tuesday: TheHub went to Cracker  Barrel for lunch Monday. They have a deal with. the purchase of an entree you can buy a mini meal (one of 4 choices for the main dish and a side) for 5 bucks. It is enough (with an added veggie) for both of us at dinner. It is pretty much a no brainer .
Meatloaf, Mac and cheese, squash and onions, sliced tomatoes

Wednesday: We had a little minor issue to deal with and had to head out of town unexpectedly. Thankfully I pulled some soup from the freezer to thaw before we left.
Vegetable soup, cornbread

Thursday: It was still raining and foiled my plans for steak. Instead I punted and grabbed some smoked sausage from the freezer.
Conecuh sausage, leftover smashed potatoes, green beans, tomato slices

Friday: Neither of us were very hungry, and I had 3 different types of soup in single serving containers frozen for lunches. I dumped all three in the same pot. It was not delicious but it was fine.
Soup, crackers

Saturday: While we were out and about doing our Saturday morning thing, we rode by our local fish monger and decided to see what he had that looked good. And this is why I keep a lemon in the fridge nearly all the time.
Scallops, corn on the cob, coleslaw, Italian bread

Whats next?
1. Sandwich meal
2. Tuna steaks, asparagus, some sort of potato, coleslaw, Italian bread
3. Salad, tuna dip, crackers
4.Veggie meal TBD
5. Huli huli chicken, tossed salad, maybe rice, maybe not
6. Steak, baked potato, tossed salad
7. Out to eat

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all.




18 comments:

  1. We had a rainy week here too. I do the same thing with pasta sauce. A lot of noodles do not reheat well. Your meals all sound delicious, especially the scallops. They are hard to find here. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scallops were great! Our local seafood market has fresh seafood shipped in daily.

      Delete
  2. Yeah lots of rain this week. I was going to go to the A day game but took a nap instead… lol. Roll Tide! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We put the game on TV and flipped back and forth between The Master's and the game. I fell asleep on the love seat.

      Delete
  3. Another week where you didn't go hungry. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hunger is a word we would only experience if we ran out of gas on a lonely stretch of an inhabited road.

      Delete
  4. I hope that you get to make that huli huli chicken and steak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depending on our weekend I might boot the steak, but I am planning on the chicken (If I remember to take the chicken out of the freezer)

      Delete
  5. I didn't stick to my meal plan, either, but, when my neighbor called and offered to bring me dinner, I wasn't going to refuse! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ronco spaghetti is always good the next day, at least for me. Now, I want to make spaghetti again. I love spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to not cooking for a few days this week. Yesterday, we went to an Irish pub across from our hotel, & I had a bowl of potato & cabbage soup. It was fabulous! (Hawaii Planner)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few days off from cooking is always nice. Potato cabbage soup sounds good.

      Delete
  8. I grew up on hot dog bun garlic bread and haven’t thought of that in years -thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You grew up ritzier than I did. Our hot dog bun was a slice of white bread (taco shaped) with a hot dog in the middle. It was only once TheHub and I were married that I learned the necessity of actual hot dog buns.

      Delete
  9. Black eye peas, fried okra and sliced tomatoes sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! I love summer vegetable meals and once I can get ripe tomatoes, peas and squash I am calling it summer.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.