Translate

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Bad Planning But We Still Ate

This past week I was not really on or anywhere near the targeted meal plan. I would like to say the lack of my adherence  to the plan bothered me, but honestly I don't care. Who's sorry now?

Not Me!


Planned:
1. Huli Huli chicken
2. Grilled grouper, tossed salad, dinner rolls
3. Burgers with all the fixings
4. Salad meal TBD
5. Chicken salad open face sandwich, fruit salad
6. Veggie meal
7. Out to eat or take out

VS

What Happened:
Sunday: We had shopped at our favorite fish monger's Saturday and bought some gorgeous fish.
Grilled Tilefish, coleslaw, rolls

Monday: I forgot to write down what we had Monday. Whatever it was I had it on hand and it required minimal prep.
Something forgettable possibly even regrettable

Tuesday:  We decided to run up to The Electric for a quick dinner
Wedge salad

Wednesday:   Another day of not wanting to really cook
Penne pasta with vodka sauce, tossed salad

Thursday: When I was meal planning I forgot we had a fundraiser Thursday night.
Herb roasted chicken on a bed of quinoa, with brussels sprouts, mixed greens salad, basque cake with a mixed  berry compote.

Friday: We usually go out to eat n Friday, but we had been to the "do" Thursday and decided to eat at home
Burgers with all the fixings

Saturday: I had taken chicken out of the freezer and was committed but did not get it marinated in time to make huli huli chicken. Instead I punted.
Orange ginger chicken, rice pilaf, sliced tomatoes

What probably won't happen next week*
1. Fish sandwich, chips
2. Steak, potatoes, salad
3. Veggie meal
4. Tuna steak, mashed potatoes, some green veggie, coleslaw
5. Out to eat
6. Spaghetti with meat sauce, tossed salad Tacos (Spaghetti doesn't sound good after all)
7. Sandwich meal TBD

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all.

*The fish sandwich and chips is a definite, because it is after dinner Sunday night as I am typing this and we have already eaten.  Every other menu item is subject to the discretion of whomever is making the meal. (Which, unless TheHub brings home takeout, will be me)




18 comments:

  1. Well, you still plan...I don't plan at all...very often make the decision at the very last minute. I hope steak happens next week though. Have a most wonderful new week ahead, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The steak will happen, mainly because I really do want one. Everything else is hit or miss.

      Delete
  2. As Angie says, at least you plan. I rarely do. There might be a risotto this week. Or there might not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all sounds so good, Anne, especially the fresh fish and the Chicken salad sandwich and fruit salad. I need to add that to my menu this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do love fresh fish. Just can't afford it as often as I would like to have it.

      Delete
  4. At least you make an attempt at planning. I do it the day before or morning of. One thing that will be happening here this week is a steak. It's been too long since I've had one and I have a craving for it. I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am craving a steak also. Now I just need the weather to cooperate

      Delete
  5. I'm not sure what we ate last week except I made a big pot of vegetable soup and some biscuits. I think tonight will be spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might be a contrarian about the spaghetti. TheHub loves it, but I just don't want to make it this week.

      Delete
  6. My daughter and I have set up a meal plan, which we mostly managed to follow last week. We've already had to make a change to this week's plan as the weather is turning colder (sigh) so tonight I'll grill burgers and we'll shuffle everything down the week.
    Whatever you make/have, I know it will be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on sticking to your plan. I think I make them just to change them, and I would never make them with a day in mind.

      Delete
  7. You are and hubs are. All's well. Like you've said, feeding others is harder than just ourselves so whatever works day to day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is easier to just feed ourselves. Sometimes I try and accommodate TheHub's taste, and sometimes I opt for whatever is easiest.

      Delete
  8. This is one of the reasons that I don't plan. We eat and are happy whatever it is, and it's mostly balanced. Otherwise, I get shaky and sleepy and Tommy passes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do like different flavors on different days, but sometimes whatever is quicker is what we have.

      Delete
  9. Meal plans come with a caveat - subject to change! I didn't stick to my plan, last week, but, no one went hungry, not even Dancer! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one ever goes hungry here, unless it is by choice, which it never is.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.