Translate

Sunday, May 19, 2024

Come And Get It!

I seem to be hitting 4 or 5 planned meals weekly. I guess that is the best I can do, because life either gets in the way, or something else sounds better. Whatever happens is fine with me as long as it does not require additional or unplanned trips to the grocery store. This week I made it without going to buy anything at all, which I really do like. I truly need to do a grocery haul this week. Rats!



What was planned:
Steak, tossed salad✓
Chicken salad sandwiches with pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, and pepper rings
Salad meal TBD✓
Veggie meal TBD
Grilled fish, mashed potatoes, coleslaw, hushpuppies ( maybe)
Stuffed bell peppers, rice, tomato onion and cucumber salad
Out to eat

VS

What we really ate:
Sunday: It was Mother's Day here and though TheHub can't cook at all, he can flat out man a grill!
Steak, tossed salad, mashed potatoes, tossed salad, rolls

Monday: We had leftover chicken from the previous Saturday's meal and we needed to use it.
Chicken salad sandwiches, chips or crudité

Tuesday:  Trivia night at The Electric meant no cooking for me
Americana salad w/ either a martini or glass of chardonnay

Wednesday: It is just about at that time of the year when veggie meals will occur more often! Yay!
Sautéed squash, black eyed peas, coleslaw, tomato cucumber

Thursday: We drove to Son2’s house to haul a load of things to the new house. It was a little later in the day/early evening which meant we picked up dinner near their new place
Pulled Pork, coleslaw, green beans

Friday: There was some steak leftover from Mother's Day that needed to be eaten.
Black and blue salad

Saturday:  In the morning when we were out and about we stopped by our favorite fish monger's place and got enough for Saturday and Sunday night's meals.
Smoked tuna dip on crackers or lettuce leaves

What might be next?
1. Broiled triple tail, mashed potatoes, tossed salad, asparagus
2. Veggie meal TBD
3. Big salad meal TBD
4. Pork chops, green beans, new potatoes, coleslaw
5. Out to eat
6. Sandwich meal TBD (but probably pimento cheese)
7.Grilled chicken, broccoli, saffron rice, sliced tomatoes

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all.




19 comments:

  1. I like the checks by the planned meals so I don't have to keep checking back and forth. Tommy cannot grill at all. But, he buys anything to eat or is a great helper to me when cooking. And, he is good with leftovers. Your meals sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TheHub needs to stick to steak and not chicken thighs when manning the grill, right? 8-)))
    And I would truly LOVE to see you in a snowsuit bought at the grocery store. lolz
    FYI-I just got back from the grocery store......I had to return 3 Monster drinks for $3 and change and I walked out of there paying $100 more for stuff I just couldn't live without. Grocery stores are my Kryptonite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not let him cook chicken on the grill anymore.
      I understand the appeal of the grocery store. Today I went in for bread and deli sliced chicken. Spent 100+ and it was all foodstuffs. But I really really needed 2jars of giardiniera

      Delete
  3. A week without grocery shopping? Bliss. I am trying to eat down the food in the house. Sadly nausea means that some meals simply do not happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand the nausea and meals. I am trying to use what we have, but this afternoon I bought stuff I really could have done without.

      Delete
  4. Gotta love a man who grills! It's been too long since I enjoyed a Tanqueray martini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TheHub is a great griller except for chicken and he just cooks the crap out of it.

      Delete
  5. LOVE that grocery store song! The American supermarket WAS a rather magical place for me and my family when we first came to this country. My mother looked around the bread aisle and couldn't believe how many types of bread there were to select from! Back home, there was just one kind of bread and it came from the bakery and it was not sliced. Oh, and one could request half a loaf of bread, if you didn't want a full loaf (or couldn't afford one) and they would cut a loaf in half and give you one half! :D

    Your meals sound delicious as always, although I am wondering what "broiled triple tail" would be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Triple tail is a delicious firm fleshed white fish.
      There is something to be said for lack of options as well as having "the world" at your disposal. Sometimes simpler is better. However, I do love being able to try new and different things I find at the grocery store.

      Delete
  6. I have never heard of triple tail...gotta look them out to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very funny looking firm fleshed whitefish that looks great on a plate!

      Delete
  7. Well done on (almost) hitting your planned meals! Staying out of the shops saves a fortune, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever I saved will be spent this week probably.

      Delete
  8. This time of year we use the grill all the time. I'm excited about the lighter meals and all of the veggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too Lori, plus this time of the year we often have veggie meals multi times a week.

      Delete
  9. I used to love going to the grocery store, but not so much anymore. I think the prices are depressing these days. I wish we had a fishmonger closer to us, but we do what we can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a couple of them fairly near us, but Snapper Grabber is my favorite.

      Delete
  10. You're meals always sound yummy! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.