Translate

Monday, March 2, 2020

Back to the Table

I have been very lax planning menus lately, mostly because I was having to use my phone to post and frankly it just teed me off to no end, so I did not post anything really except for my weekly joys. Now that I have my new toy and have an actual keyboard rather than a key pad, life is so much easier for me, but I am still not able to utilize the computer for blog responses. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated.

Lent is in full swing now and one of the things I am doing to observe Lent is staying on keto without some of the breaks I tend to take. So I really do need to menu plan including whatever I need to make in addition to just the meals. Keto, at least for me is not easy when I am flying by the seat of my pants, especially around lunch time when I might be inclined to just eat crackers spread with peanut butter, or a turkey sandwich. For me to stay on it successfully I need things that are leftover but still satisfy my mouth, plus an occasional keto cookie or dessert helps tremendously.

This is the list of dinner possibilities for the upcoming week. I will try to cook enough for some leftovers I can have for lunch the next day. The meals are in no particular order and are based on things I have already bought. I begin this week with a ton of fresh vegetables, some strawberries and grapes, ground beef and many possibilities from the freezer.

1. Keto chicken and dumplings, coleslaw, keto cornbread (TheHub likes this)
2. Reuben chaffles with pickles and coleslaw
3. Hamburger patties with keto gravy and mushrooms, baked potato or no,t  broccoli, roll or keto roll
4. Spaghetti sauce over pasta or zoodles, tossed salad
5. Orange ginger chicken, rice or caulirice, stir fried veggies, coconut pie
6. Keto chicken enchilada casserole, tossed salad, niblet corn or not, keto flan
7. Out to eat

Needed to make:
Keto dinner rolls
Keto cornbread
Keto butter cookies
Keto coconut pie
Keto flan
Keto breakfast cereal or granola ✓
Keto caulimash (enough for 4 meals) ✓

Any of these I make will be much more than I need for the meal plan, so everything left will be frozen for  the upcoming weeks. The exception is the flan. It will need to be eaten immediately with any leftovers refrigerated and consumed within a day of two. I may or may not actually make it.

Hope you have a good food week!

25 comments:

  1. Good to have you back on a regular basis. I'm still borrowing my daughters old computer. I'm going to be exploring more keto based meals now that I am trying to intermittently fast. Particularly for supper since there is such a long time between meals I need the calories to really count for staying power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the keto meals are truly delicious. I have been doing IF for over a year now, but I have to admit I only do it when I am being keto faithful. After about a week of consistent IF your body adjusts and you don't get hungry before your set time to eat. Also If I have a day when I am hungry earlier I do go ahead and eat, but try to have an earlier stop time (or sometimes just do a total fast the next day. It really just depends on my mood)

      Delete
  2. Did you lose weight on keto? If you don't mind saying, how much weight? Have you continued to lose? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did and continue to as long as I stay on the plan. How much? Only me and my sister know

      Delete
  3. All your planned meals sound very yummy. I'm so impressed by how well you keep to the keto diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, don't think I do well all the time. Sometimes I plan to go off it, and sometimes it just happens!

      Delete
  4. Your keto food sounds delicious. I too am impressed by how you stick to the keto diet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stick to it mostly, but I have been known to have weeks or even the entire month between Thanksgiving and Christmas where I say to heck with it.

      Delete
  5. Good luck.
    How easy is it to find keto compliant meals when you are eating out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as we don't go to a Pizza, Italian or some Chinese places I can always find something. It might not be exactly what I want but I can find something to eat.

      Delete
  6. Glad you have a new toy! Keto sounds good and I should try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This new toy is really nice and will be nicer when I get it set up like I want it.

      Delete
  7. hi anne
    i know nothing about keto. so you are on a keto diet? do you feel better for it? cheers sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure I feel better, but I have a pair of pants a size smaller and will feel better when they fit!

      Delete
  8. So happy you have a new computer to use. It's rough to try and use a cellphone for things like blogging. Your menu sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The keypad on the phone was my enemy! I am so glad to have real keys to tap!

      Delete
  9. Yea! A keyboard to use. Maybe because that's the way I learned, I find a keyboard much more user-friendly that typing on a phone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do admire your discipline for keto. My discipline seems to have got up and left at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My discipline for keto comes and goes, which is the nicest thing about Lent. I feel morally obligated to a higher power than just doing it because I think I should for myself.

      Delete
  11. I'm no help with the commenting issue. If I didn't have my son around for IT help, I'd be lost. Luckily I haven't had too many issues (knock wood) with this new laptop.

    I don't eat Keto but several of your meals sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some keto meals are very good, and some We try and decide we will never have them again.
      I finally figured out my computer glitch.

      Delete
  12. Keto chicken and dumplings! You have to post the recipe for that. :-) Glad you have a new computer up and running -- I can't do anything on a phone. Well, I can, but typos galore. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  13. WELCOME TO THE GREAT BROTHERHOOD.

    Do you want to be a member of Illuminati as a brotherhood that will make you rich and famous in the world and have power to control people in the high place in the worldwide .
    Are you a business man or woman,artist, political, musician, student, do you want to be rich, famous, powerful in life, join the Illuminati brotherhood cult today and get instant rich sum huge amount of money in a week, and a free home.any where you choose to live in this world and also get 1,000,000 U.S dollars to start any business.

    BENEFITS GIVEN TO NEW MEMBERS WHO JOIN ILLUMINATI.

    1. A Cash Reward of USD $1,000,000 USD
    2. A New Sleek Dream CAR valued at USD $50,000 USD
    3. A Dream House bought in the country of your own choice
    4. One Month holiday (fully paid) to your dream tourist destination.
    5. One year Golf Membership package
    6. A V.I.P treatment in all Airports in the World
    7. A total Lifestyle change
    8. Access to Bohemian Grove
    9. Monthly payment of $200,000 USD into your bank account every month as a member
    10.One Month booked Appointment with Top 5 world Leaders and Top 5Celebrities in the World.

    If you are interested of joining us in the great brotherhood

    EMAIL: worldilluminatigrandlodge@outlook.com
    whatsapp: +1(854)5298669 or +2348051699674

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.