Translate

Monday, March 16, 2020

Feed Me Seymour


Because the threat of a pandemic impacting anyone is real  I have to take it seriously. I am just tired of it being the focus of my time and mind, so I decided to go ahead and switch gears and do a little meal planning/prepping. For once I might actually stay somewhat close to my plan because I am definitely trying to limit my exposure as much as I possibly can, which is virtually impossible. Mom has 5 different sitters and I am exposed exponentially to every single person they come in contact with, not to mention every single person I happen upon. And I still have to go see Mom daily, plus I still have to take her to her dr. appointments. We are trying to limit her exposures also, but again, see above! Short of total isolation there is no way we can stay away from the possibility of it.

But geez, did I ever digress!

Last week I planned our meals based mainly on our leftovers:
1. Chinese leftovers
2. Spaghetti or noodles with leftover meat sauce, tossed salad
3. Leftover chili  (TheHub) or chicken soup (me)
4. Leftover chicken and dumplings (TheHub), huge tossed salad, asparagus
5. Soup and grilled cheese sandwich (TheHub) or grilled chaffle sandwich (me)
6.Hamburger patties, mashed potatoes or caulimash, broccoli
7. Dinner out (We have a fundraiser to attend)


And this is what really happened:
Monday: Chinese leftovers 
Tuesday: Leftover chicl (TheHub), chicken soup,(me) coleslaw
Wednesday:Takeout Crustless pizza from Papa Murphy's
Thursday: No idea what we she
Friday: Spaghetti sauce over pasta or zoodles, tossed salad
Saturday: Grilled burger patties, mashed potatoes or caulimash, broccoli, tomato cake and red onion salad/
Sunday: Pan seared scallops, asparagus, baked potato (or not) steamed carrots (or not) leftover tomato sure and red onion salad. keto crustless coconut pie 

And now I have decided (at least right now) to have the following based on only things I already have in the house. Since I can't really go anywhere I might as well make some delicious things, right? As usual the meals are in no particular order, but the St Patricks Day meal is pretty evident. 

We usually eat out at least once a week. In an effort to keep a little distance between us and the rest of the world we are "eating out" at home this week.  We are going to eat by candlelight in the dining room twice this week, with background music playing.  The actual food served might be lackluster but the intent will be there. 

We are also planning to go to the lake for the weekend, so I am including the meals we will have there. (We can't get a whole lot more isolated than we are at the lake.)

And this is what may actually happen.

1. Stuffed bell pepper, caulitato salad toasted bread (keto or regular) keto strawberry pound cake with whipped cream
2. Corned beef, cabbage, potatoes  and carrots (or no potatoes and carrots) keto chocolate mint truffles
3. Crustless ham frittata, tossed salad, brussels sprouts, keto coconut flour cookies
4. Chicken something or the other with mashed potatoes or caulimash, carrots, sliced tomatoes, crustless coconut pie
5. BLT on real bread or chaffles , tossed salad
6. Chili (probably the last for the year. Not what I really want but it is extremely portable) keto cornbread, coleslaw
7. Sausages with kraut and potatoes (or not) green beans.

Sunday afternoon I got a little busy making some of these  things for the week and plan on making a few more to keep me out of the store compliment dinner time. 

This is what I made/ need to make
1. Keto dinner rolls
2. Keto strawberry pound cake
3. Keto coconut custard pie
4. Keto coconut flour chocolate chip cookies
5. Keto cinnamon cookies
6. Keto cornbread

Wishing each and every one of you a healthy week!

p.s. Just in case you are bored out of your skull and need some entertainment The Metropolitan Opera is offering free screenings of several operas for the next couple of weeks.  This is the link https://www.metopera.org/about/press-releases/met-to-launch-nightly-met-opera-streams-a-free-series-of-encore-live-in-hd-presentations-streamed-on-the-company-website-during-the-coronavirus-closure/
I know I want to see a couple of them! It will be like almost being there except I will be in sweats and a tee shirt


20 comments:

  1. Thank your for the opera link. We had tickets to Norma and that isn't happening. Take care down there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You take care too too! I had tickets to a couple of events for the week that are cancelled also. Jazz at the Lincoln Center Orchestra, and the play Waitress. Bummer, but there is always next time!

      Delete
  2. Loving your planning and hoping some of them come to fruition. Your culture nights sound great too.
    I have to do some grocery shopping this morning. NOT looking forward to it.
    Stay well, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to run pick up some things for Mom today (and possibly some wine). It was still a madhouse. Hope your shopping was uneventful

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the link. You can stay busy with just cooking. So what should we do for a contest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea. Whatever it is I won't win, but it might inspire some action!

      Delete
  4. Good meal planning for the week! I think I will amuse myself with a list of pantry meals I can make for the next several weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly thought I would dig through the freezer and see exactly how long I estimate our storage would last. I am guessing I have enough for 200 meals. Maybe not exactly what we would like but enough for those meals

      Delete
  5. I am so glad you have the lake property to still go to. All you can do is the best that you can do. Mom is now officially not leaving her house. I am the bringer of food. She went shopping with me this past Wednesday and that is likely it for a few months, I will just drop things off for her. Hopefully if the weather is nice we can at least go for walks together. What a weird scary year this is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine the only getting out Mom will be doing is sitting in the car and going for a ride to look at the spring blooms.

      Delete
  6. I like Thursday's "No idea what we she." I'll take a second helping of that one, please. I feel so restless. I couldn't sleep last night.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was on the kindle fire with my eyes half closed. I am not sure if I was trying to write had or ate.

      Delete
  7. I love the way you are going to eat out! I need to do that. Hugs to you dearie. By the way. How did you get the job for Omar? Do you think he might need another model? Tee hee!
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
    where I feel the need for a few giggles
    to add levity to these times.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omar and I go way back (unfortunately) Laughing is the best!

      Delete
  8. I would be out of mind scared if I had to protect my mother in your situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister and I are doing the best we can and it is going to be difficult, but we can't do more than we can do.

      Delete
  9. My oldest son and his wife are trying to get back from Thailand. I think they'll be ok but again it's a blessing that they only have themselves to worry about and not young children or older adults. It's a nightmare all round isn't it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is getting more and more difficult and I have to have some people around Mom every single day.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.