Translate

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Isolated Joys for the 12th Week of the Year

I have decided I need to get Son3 and DIL3 to write a little ditty called "Isolation Blues" because I am reading posts from friends who are struggling with the social distancing and not working. I am  looking for every good thing I can find, but I have to admit my world has gotten much smaller. Thank all of you for your posts. Reading them does keep my world feeling larger than it has to be right now.

Wednesday: Found supplies Mom needs regularly ( on sale, to boot!) and did a major stock up for her. I also went shopping for a few food items Mom needed and managed to find some lysol cleaner as well as toilet bowl cleaner and laundry detergent. She had none so it was a joy to find it all at the same place thereby limiting my exposure to more creepy stuff than I have to.
VALIDATION

Thursday: Mom fell again, but she did not get hurt this time so that is an extreme joy. I also spent a good deal of time drawing. I created a game for Pip and I to play over FaceTime, that incorporates play and reading new words.


Friday: Son1 sent me a text with a link to an app he created so Pip and I can play the game I made via iPads while on FaceTime. Whoo hoo! App creation is way above my pay grade.
TheHub stopped at the store after work and brought home a nice bottle of wine. We go out every Friday night, so instead, we did the wine and dine thing at home. Also thankful for Netflix and Amazon Prime. If you have Amazon The Forgiven is a very good movie.

Saturday: TheHub and I had to run a couple of errands. I am amazed at how the people at the grocery store are maintaining the 6 foot rule. After picking up a couple of items we stopped by McDonalds and picked up a cup of coffee, then went joy riding to look at all the trees in bloom.  Next we stopped by Walgreen and found gold, since it is now a premium currency item. 2 multi roll packs of toilet paper!  I still have some but mom is running out.  Now we all have enough though I am keeping hers here and will take to her house one roll at a time.

Sunday: Had the pleasure of watching Gunhild Carling live on Facebook. Music al fresco almost! She was in the open air, and I was watching from my kitchen table that sits in a bay window overlooking the back yard. Fortunately I was pretty good at pretending, and even though it was raining at the time, I still felt like I was sitting in the sunshine with her. In fact I am so good at pretending I actually thought I might run upstairs and get an instrument Son3 had left here to join in. Then I remembered I have no clue how to play horns except for the blowing part.

Monday: This was just another day in paradise. I still go to Mom's every morning and then I get my tail right back home to spend the day in solitude. For kicks and giggles I decided to tackle my laundry room. It was officially the messiest laundry room in the world, and though I did not get everything done in one day 3/4 of it is clean, shining and everything was straightened. (I even washed the ironing board cover). I decided the sewing center could wait for another day though.
Later that night TheHub and I watched 3 episodes of Manhunt. It is a Spectrum original about Richard Jewel and Eric Rudolph. (Olympic bombing and a few other bombings)

Tuesday:  Paradise continued! The day was neither joyless or joyful. TheHub and I met with our lawyer and I did not want to go, but I went anyway. (With a bandana that served as an accessory, but I could pull it up over my nose and mouth. I know it was not a mask, but it was better than nothing.)  Fortunately everyone honored the social space, doors were left open and it was brief.
Later I had some delightful conversation with 2 sets of neighbors while standing in the street in an equilateral triangle formation each side being about 10 feet apart.

And now I put the joys of week 12 to rest and will move on to week 13, with thoughts and prayers for all of us to find joy and toilet paper in this odd time we are living through. Stay healthy, my friends!

Blogger issues so I am adding the 15th week of joys here just to save

Wednesday. Our community decided to have a different kind of Easter egg hunt this year. A PDF file was sent in a mass email with large printable Easter eggs on it. The goal was to out the eggs in prominent places that could be seen form the street so the kids out walking with their parents or driving by could hunt for them. I painted the eggs and hid them in windows, under bushes, behind chairs and peeking out of the shrubs.
Thursday Made  some really cute masks thanks to raiding Moms fabric stash. She had a lot of dense cottons and some thick flannel to use as the middle layer. I had some funky fat quarters for the outside of the masks, and have given several to people who need them. I was also tired of cooking so we picked up takeout from Captain D's.
Friday. My sons have found a way to shed their normally kind personas and throw on the insanely competitive natures via family game box using zoom for the connection and Jackboxtv for the games. Lots of laughter and some extremely non traditional answers later Son 2 was declared winner. There seemed to be a Joe Exotic answer theme throughout the night
;zoom game night with the family
Saturday out for a drive beautiful day take out Thai
Sunday Easter services Webex Sunday school. Lots of Easter FaceTime with Pip
Monday. Conversations with my cousin. FaceTime with Pip and another episode of Ozark
Tuesday: Mom had an event while I was at her house. It was very frightening

25 comments:

  1. This is a crazy scary time for sure and it sounds like you're dealing with it greatly! The grocery stores here in Chicago area are starting to install plastic shields between clerk and customer. It's supposed to warm up to 60° today so planning on taking a long walk. It will probably snow tomorrow! Yep, here's to finding joy and toilet paper! Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a nice walk! I am headed out to de-pollen the porch and deck. It is full blown spring here.

      Delete
  2. We've had some of those conversations with our neighbors like that too - I talked to our next door neighbor who wanted to see our brick patio so I invited them over when this is all over and in the mean time said they were more than welcome to peek over the fence! He works on our military base and said it is super weird there, military is getting ready to mobilize to help out if and when necessary. We have a base here so a very large military population.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is strange, but I am talking to neighbors I have not seen in year except to wave to as they drive by. Here everyone lives on their back decks and in their backyards. Now everyone is hanging out in front of their houses.

      Delete
  3. I feel like when this is done, I need to organize and bet I'll have help, a cul de sac party. It was a hard January on all of us, there were several folks with deaths in the family, and now this social distancing when we should be breaking out to resume normal life after winter. I need to look to history to ind better courage. This is nothing compared to generations past had to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about this being nothing like what other times had to bear.

      Delete
  4. Well you are still maintaining your sanity and that is good. Between our latest developments and your mom you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am maintaining sanity but my sense of humor is suffering. Today I got to dig in the yard a little and that helped a lot.

      Delete
  5. Toilet paper? You scored two packages of toilet paper? You're da man, Anne.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We paid a premium but it was the best money we could spend!

      Delete
  6. Toilet paper, paper towels, disinfectation, pasta, flour are still scarcer than hen's teeth here.
    For the moment we have enough (which is a definite joy).
    And I am revelling in no longer being able to see the air that I breath since the smoke from our fires has finally gone. I now have no excuse to avoid cleaning every surface in the house. Well no excuse except laziness.
    I will do some cleaning today, and hopefully some gardening.
    I need to do some work for the accountant too - but any meetings will have to be virtual.
    A strange world indeed, but there are still joys.
    Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a strange world. Who would have ever thought whoever finds a pack of toilet paper wins?

      Delete
  7. I'm glad your mom didn't get hurt when she fell. Happy, too, for you, for finding the toilet paper! Good idea to keep it at your house and take one roll at a time over to your mom's. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too Bless. I cannot imagine going to the ER right now!

      Delete
  8. Glad that your mom didn't get hurt when she fell. I agree with your comment that reading blogs help us feel connected. It's good to hear how other are managing, to receive and send our support.

    Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thrilled beyond belief she did not get hurt.
      Reading these blogs takes me out of my little small world (house)

      Delete
  9. I started to try and read a terrible old paperback but it was so dumb so I quit and thought about throwing it away but then I noticed the pages are kind of like newspapers so I kept it. It may come in handy later:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha! This made me snort coffee and now I have to waste a valuable paper towel, but the laugh was worth it.

      Delete
  10. Glad your mom is ok. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lysol? The brown stuff in a bottle that is diluted? Where? I cannot find it. Of course, I have not looked everywhere. I am glad you mother is not hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not the bottled, but a spray which smells nothing like the old brown bottle Lysol

      Delete
  12. I'm glad your mom didn't get hurt when she fell. Now is NOT the time to end up in hospital is it. And thanks for the recommendation of that film. I forget I have Amazon Prime half the time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between Amazon Prime and Netflix, I am finding a lot of entertainment. I mostly listen to it and move my tablet form room to room as I do stuff, including propping it up in the closet when I changed out winter to summer clothes. (No spring or fall duds here)

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.