Translate

Monday, May 11, 2020

Meals for the week

This was the tentative meal plan for the week and then everything went haywire.

1. Huge salad, toast points
2. Hamburgers (already cooked and in the fridge) baked beans, coleslaw
3. Tacos with all the fixings or taco salad, margaritas, churros
4. Mac and cheese, sliced tomatoes, cucumber spears, lady peas, cornbread
5 Grilled steak, asparagus, mashed potatoes, tossed salad, rolls or toast
6. Red beans and rice, spinach salad, cornbread
7. Stuffed peppers, squash, tossed salad

Monday was Cinco de Mayo we drove to a local Mexican restaurant and picked up tacos and tamales

Tuesday: I spent the entire day on the phone with various people at the hospital trying to find out more about Mom's condition. I understand that the doctors feel they hav e better things to do than call us with an update, but in normal times we would be with Mom around the clock and could speak to them as they made their rounds. Uncommon times calls for changes for everyone not just the people who do the normal caregiving for the patient. The day was beyond frustrating!
TheHub grilled a steak and we split it, asparagus. tossed salad, toast

Wednesday:: After spending the early morning getting ready to pick Mom up from the hospital and then the rest of the day somewhere between being in shock and getting in touch with people who needed to be notified that she had passed away, I was numb. TheHub suggested we ride around and grab something to eat. I know we stopped somewhere.
I know we had a sandwich.

Thursday: was an emotionally difficult day. I did not even begin to think about a meal until TheHub came home from work.  I pulled a package of what I thought was spaghetti sauce out of the freezer. It wasn't. It was obviously something I had made using a lot of crap I had hanging out, then froze the leftovers.
Unidentifiable frozen stuff over rice, asparagus, tossed salad

Friday:  Leftover hamburger patties, squash casserole


Saturday: We finally got the rest of the garden planted, came in and took a shower then ordered Pizza

Sunday: Leftover hamburger patty, coleslaw

Going forth for the week, I am making no plans. I have a lot of food in the freezer and pantry and will have something. I really don't care what we eat or if we do takeout every single night. I am just not feeling it right now.

12 comments:

  1. Your body (or your husband) will tell you when to eat, don't worry about it, order out if need be. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happiness is all i see now, i was herpes sicker for 6 years but i thank God for directing my footsteps to Dr Emu, he gave me instructions and i followed and in 2 weeks i was completely cured using his medicine, I am now Herpes Negative Contact Dr Emu for more information, He also has other cure to other ailment, HIV AIDS, CANCER, DIABETES, HEART DISEASE, HEPATITIS B/C And also restore broken relationships such as Ex HUSBAND, Ex WIFE, BROKEN MARRIAGES, Any kind of Problem in any relationship can be restore back in 24hours, Just Email: emutemple@gmail.comWhatsapp or call: +2347012841542

      Delete
  2. Hugs.
    I know that I cooked for a lot of people when my father died. And similarly after my mother joined him. I have no idea what. No one starved, no one got food poisoning so I chalked that up as a win.
    Look after yourself as best you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sad you are sad about your mother. You have a jagged hole in your heart. Make it through each day however you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Day by day. That's all you can do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's OK if you don't feel like meal planning or cooking. Get some take out or delivery and take care of yourself. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take out, frozen, open cans, do what's easiest and let yourself just rest. Thinking of you and sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll do what you need to, to get through this difficult time. Please know you're in the thoughts of many here. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's a good reason people bring food to grieving families isn't there. But if you have take-out every day for the next month so be it. Sending you big hugs. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know just get by for right now, order out, eat, don't eat, cold cereal it is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take care! One step, one day at a time...

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.