Translate

Friday, May 29, 2020

Weird But Delicious

I was having a mopey day the other day and needed something comforting. Alas I had begun my keto journey again and was not about to dive off the deep end on day one, so my usual comfort food, chocolate, was off the table. Instead I started looking through several recipes to try and find one that would be tasty, filling and comforting. Believe it or not, this was perfect and TheHub, who is is not keto, loved it too.


Buffalo Chicken Casserole
2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (I had them cooked and frozen)
1/2 large cauliflower, cut into flowerets and steamed.
1/3 cup chopped celery
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons Franks hot sauce (more as needed to taste. I used about 3 1/2 tablespoons)
3 tablespoons ranch dressing
1 egg
4 ounces sharp cheddar, grated and divided in half

In a bowl mix the chicken, cauliflower and celery and set aside. Blend the cream cheese and hot sauce until it is well blended, or leave it kinda lumpy. It works! Add the ranch and stir to mix then dump in the egg. Stir well, toss in the chicken and veggies and stir to coat. add  1/2 of the cheese and stir it in the chicken mix. Pour into an 8x8 baking pan, top with the remaining cheese and bake in a 350 degree oven until it is hot and bubbly. I served this with a very simple salad and some keto toast. theHub had the same except he had read bread which looked, smelled and I am sure tasted much better.

This was surprisingly delicious and made  enough for 2 large dinner meals, plus 3 lunch meals. If you want something comforting yet veggie heavy this could be your new go-to. I know we are going to be doing this often.

p.s. The cauliflower taste is lost in the sauce and cheese.






13 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious. I think I could use some of the vegetables I have here, minus hot sauce, and medium cheddar and make something I could love, too. And, I do have plenty of vegetables here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any recipe should just be a suggestion for whoever's making it. Tastes and supplies always vary.

      Delete
  2. That sounds good.
    Mind you cheese dishes often fall into the 'comfort zone' for me. Very often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be wonderful with just the cauliflower and celery. I needed something to comfort and it did!

      Delete
  3. OMGosh. I am bookmarking this recipe right now. I'd make it tonight, but I haven't got chicken defrosted. I also don't have the hot sauce, but I'm sure I could season it with some cayenne or my homemade taco seasoning for the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure I've made this before, & liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have someone doing keto don't you? I think this works for everyone.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for posting this recipe, because as soon as I read two small chicken breasts, I remembered that I had put chicken drumsticks to thaw in the fridge, earlier in the week, and had forgotten all about them! I was supposed to have made broiled chicken for tonight's dinner! OOPS! I quickly took the thawed chicken out (it was still cold, but, well thawed), put the drumsticks on a baking sheet and put them under the broiler! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am at the stage in life where I often need something to spark my memory. Glad this kept you from having toss the drumsticks.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.