Translate

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

All about Rejoicing


On Tuesdays, I like to follow Annie @Tuesday 4. She poses a 4 questions and it almost always provides some time for reflection. While Son and DIL were here I was hit or miss joining in, but they are gone and now hopefully I can continue answering the questions.


1. What makes you rejoice the most? It depends on the day. Some days a beautiful sunset fills me with awe, or a FaceTime visit with my granddaughter always thrills me. Occasionally reading a perfect sentence in a book does it,  hearing some symphonic piece that features French horns (love low brass), smelling fresh coffee, or tasting some perfectly made creamy concoction. Sometimes it is just seeing a great smile. (Which is happening less and less now because you can't see smiles through masks!)

2. What song makes you feel joyful or happy? I have a Spotify playlist I like to listen to in the mornings, but I have not since our Son and DIL came to visit. Now I am reminded to start listening to it again. This is not the entire playlist but even if I don't have time to listen to the entire things I do like to hear these songs.
He's Got The Whole World in His Hands___Nina Simone
The Lord's Prayer___Duke Ellington
What a Wonderful World___Louis Armstrong
On the Sunny Side of the Street__Willie Nelson
I Can't Say No____Ali Stroker
Accentuate the Positive___Dr. John
A Summer Song___Chad and Jeremy
September__Earth, Wind and Fire
The 23rd Psalm__Bobby McFerrin
Always Look on the Bright Side of Life__Michael McGrath and Tim Curry
Oh What a Beautiful Morning___TheSign Posters

3. Do sounds of nature give you a joyous feeling? We have a lot of songbirds here and I love hearing them. Some days when I get out of my car I look to the tree tops to try and find some of the most beautiful "singers". I also love the sound of moving water and distant thunderstorms.

4. How about holidays? Do you really rejoice or just kind of show up? It depends on the holiday. I am not a big Thanksgiving person, so I do just show up. I love Christmas and love everything about it. 4th of July? It is fine but does not make me joyful. I love the liturgy and formality of Easter services, but can do without  Easter lunch festivities. I had rather have a ham sandwich and laughs with the family than a big meal.

Hop
over and join the fun!

25 comments:

  1. A wonderful playlist and your answer to #1 was wonderful. I am so glad you joined in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love joining in. You make me think about things I might normally keep in the brains recesses.

      Delete
  2. I don't think it matters what makes you rejoice - so long as you do. And I love the variety you have listed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fickle and find so many things that make me joyful. !Listing just 1 single thing would never work for me.

      Delete
  3. Boy you and I love the same music almost to a T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is scary to think someone else thinks like I do. Be afraid, Kim!

      Delete
  4. Your playlist is great--guaranteed to get the day off to a good start.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to listen to it each morning while I have coffee. Well now that no one is here to have coffee with me again

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. I love nature and nature sounds. Tommy and I listened to two cds of bird calls today. I do love a good holiday celebration even if it is lowkey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never listened to bird calls on accd, but I have tons in the yard that sing. I love standing out and trying to find them. It is easier since most of the trees are bare, but soon it will be harder and harder.

      Delete
  6. Sometimes, a bird will perch on top of the utility pole that is in the backyard and sing and sing and I just love it! I like the songs on your play list, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing the birds sing. When the weather is nice I leave my back door open so I can hear them all day.

      Delete
  7. "Walking on Sunshine" was a fun song to wakeup with this morning. I don't know how you can hear it and not be in a better mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a music guy and I lift my mood with music every morning. I did listen to Walking on Sunshine the first thing today and it does make you feel peppy!

      Delete
  8. We try to keep holidays informal, so they are more enjoyable, so definitely enjoy those opportunities to celebrate. And, I'd definitely go with being out in nature. A walk on the beach on a brisk day in Oregon, or a warm day in Hawaii. Taking the lift up on a first ski run & seeing the absolute beauty in a snow covered area. We live a few blocks from a nature preserve, and I try to get there as often as possible. It smells like eucalyptus trees, and you can almost always see wild turkey, deer, etc. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We took the girls to a Train Concert at the MN State fair before the older went to England for school, and Michael Frante opened for them. I remember thinking these two ats have so many songs that are just fun and energetic, and we had such a good night. Now if I hear songs from either, I just smile. Simple joys-I love when I hear laughing and fun from the park on nice days with the windows open or sitting outside-unfortunately, too often I hear the next door kids fighting rather than laughing, and older kids cursing in the play ground, but when it is pure fun, I love the sounds of happy kids. I wish the kids in my neighborhood would get pick-up ball games again. My kids always did, and I miss that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how certain music brings back vivid memories. there are particular songs I hear and all of a sudden I am transported to very happy times (or even an occasional sad moment)

      Delete
  10. I love Christmas carols in four-part harmony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ever listen to Chanticleer? I adore their sound and their Christmas albums are beyond fabulous.

      Delete
  11. The best thunderstorms are the distant ones. :-) I'm totally with you on the sound of running water. Great playlist, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, here thunderstorms are pretty frequent snd often no so distant. I love music and listen to it all the time, those are just the ones I listen to while I am getting my morning wits going.

      Delete
  12. That's a great list of songs! Storms is a good answer, I do like listening to them. I like most holidays. I like the gathering for dinner on Thanksgiving. I'm okay not celebrating 4th of July. Christmas and Easter are important to me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love listening to storms and love watching them at night over water.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.