Translate

Friday, January 29, 2021

Week 4 Joys

 I can't believe this month has just flown by like it did. I am going to blink twice and it will be spring, then summer will hit us, and before I turn around good it will be the holidays again. Meanwhile these are the joys for this week. There were more but I forgot to write them down. I look forward to reading all of these again at the end of the year. Re-reading last year's joy lists was one of the best gifts I could give myself.



 Friday: The day began like most days now. I woke, I did stuff in the house, cooked and ate, and then we watched "The Crown" I am enjoying this season. Olivia Coleman has some wonderful acting chops!

Saturday: TheHub and I woke and got ready for the day. The peanut man was at his outdoor stand near our house, so we did not have to go downtown to ThePeanut Depot. Afterward we ran a few errands. TheHub is a huge Walmart fan. Me? Not so much. Instead of going to the actual store we went to their Everyday Market. I was kind of shocked at how sparse their inventory was. Who ever thought there would be a run on canned green chilis? My joy? I found 2 small cans in the deep recesses of the shelf, and reaffirmed my opinion that The Pig is infinitely better than Walmart for grocery shopping. And yes, I may or may not have said "I told you so".

Sunday: We were able to stream church services as well as having a Webex Sunday School class. Afterward TheHub and I had a chilled out relax and reading kind of day. The weather was gorgeous and the screened porch was terribly inviting!

Monday: I met with my beloved sister at Mom's house for us to go through the sitter records to get everything ready for the accountant to file the 1099 forms. There is a certain joy in being done with a chore that you know you will not have to do again.

Tuesday: The day begin very badly. One of Mom's sitters passed away from Covid. I had kept in touch with her and her daughter, who was also one of Mom's sitters, very regularly and knew she was struggling with it, but things went from bad to worse very quickly. It breaks my heart. The world lost a very caring and loving person. 
TheHub called from work to say he wanted to have a "ball-game meal"  That is his code for something picked up on his way home. No cooking suits me just fine.
Bama's basketball team was playing Kentucky. They had actually beat Ky. in Lexington earlier in the season so this game was supposed to be a huge battle with Ky seeking revenge. Though the game was very tight, Alabama managed to pull off the win in the last minute of play. Roll Tide!

Wednesday:  I began the day with an early FaceTime call from Pip. She wanted me to see her play in the snow, and of course I wanted to see her.
This does not sound like a joy but it really was. Mom's accountant called to let me know her forms were filed, so I could come by and pick them up. I stopped and put them in the mail on the way home, plus I picked up her tax organizer. Now we can get her tax info together and get it to them. There is a huge joy knowing we can see an end to Mom's tax business.

Thursday: I had a stay at home, no makeup kind of day__again. My life is sort of like the movie "Ground Hog Day" doing virtually the same thing over and over and over. My Santa letter partner in crime dropped by ( she stayed on the porch and I was in the foyer both masked) and left me a wad of moolah! I was happy about that.

I hope you all can find your joys this week. Wear your masks and stay healthy.

22 comments:

  1. Funny, but for the past couple of weeks "Brand New Day" ("Everybody Rejoice") has been stuck in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I debated over which song to use. I was listening to The Wiz last night and knew I would use one of them.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your Mom's sitter. That is so sad. I saw a cartoon yesterday where January had 85 days...sounds about right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been one heck of a year. I was not naive enough to believe the world would change for the better the minute the new year rang in, but I was at least hoping for some signs of improvement. We have known several people who are extremely ill or have died from Covid. Yet weddings and parties continue. I just do not understand it at all.

      Delete
  3. That is just so sad to hear about your mom's sitter! I think it really brings it home that this is serious when you know someone who dies from it. How very sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been confounded at how many people take this disease so lightly (including members of my extended family)

      Delete
  4. Love your joys, though I am very sad about your mama's sitter and her families.
    Joy here? We got (finally) much needed rain. And the garden and I are heaving sighs of relief. Jazz is not happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad for all of your beautiful blooming plants that you go much needed rain. Sorry Jazz!

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's sitter's death. I know you all became close with her carers-and I'll be the first to say those that have a god rapport and caring nature for our seniors are saints! I have a nice picture in my head of pip playing in the snow. I do not understand where the kids are in my neighborhood. We had a whole park of snow just waiting to be played in! I guess they are in their own yards and don't care about the crazy lady that wants to see kids having fun and hear laughing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing kids play. I can't believe they did not go to a park filled with the white stuff!

      Delete
  6. So sorry to hear about your Mom's former sitter passing from Covid. But, glad to know that you still found joy, every day, this past week. How lovely that Pip wanted you to watch her play in the snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we are finally done with all of my mother's paperwork, but I'm told I need to keep the files for seven years. I guess the file cabinet I was hoping would open up won't for a few more years.

    I totally understand how attached you can become to a good caregiver. I'm so sorry that she passed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes all the files and all the paper. Sadly even death does not free you from taxes

      Delete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's sitter, that is so sad. So many caregivers and medical staff have been victim to this horrible virus. I'm so glad you have sweet little Pip to Male all the bad go away, even if just for a little while. I totally understand the joy in having your mom's taxes in order, been there done that. Have a fantastic weekend Anne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha. I just can't understand people who do not think this virus is a big enough deal to do what is necessary to protect themselves and others.

      Delete
  9. You know that is the perfect analogy. Ground hog day is what covid feel like. Rinse and repeat. I am so over it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am weary of it, but it seems like Covid does not care what I think of it lingering on and on.

      Delete
  10. We are all knowing so many people dying of COVID. That is becoming part of our Ground Hogs Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it, and what a perfectly horrid normal it is.

      Delete
  11. I'm sorry to hear about your mom's sitter's passing. Caregivers have certainly taken the brunt of this disease. Hopefully the manufacturers can start producing more and we'll see the vaccines in people's arms soon.

    Watching our grandchildren play is definitely a joy! Eli is too active to actually chat much but he sure loves to take me along as he plays.

    Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes caregivers, health care workers and teachers are in such peril.
      YEs watching them play, even via FaceTime is a wonderful thing.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.