Translate

Friday, January 15, 2021

Joys For Week 2

This week, as all weeks are, was filled with joyous moments. I post these and save them till the end of the year when they will be re-read, and I will hopefully feel the joys all over again.                                         
    And now following this banner week, please indulge me with this moment of obnoxiousness! 


Friday:
The days are much the same, with the exception of having Son3 and DIL3 here. We had decided on having take out for dinner, cause I was still missing our usual (pre-covid) date night. We ate out every single Friday night, and now, if I remember it is Friday, I still pine for it.
After we had ordered, Son2 and DIL2 called to say they were on their way so they ate with us then brought out some games. We played Ticket to Ride and Joe Name-It. There was a ton of intense competition and a lot of laughs.

Saturday: DIL3 sewed most of the day. I admire her ability to find a solution to any issue that arises. TheHub and I had to conduct a little unexpected business, then we drove to the Peanut Depot. It is a small place on an old cobblestone street which sells nothing but peanuts, roasted and boiled. It's been in operation since 1907 in the same place, but the owners and name have changed. Too bad! To me it will always be Peanut Depot. We walked out with roasted peanuts, Cajun peanuts and a carton of boiled peanuts.  Delicious!
Later I met a roofer at Mom's so he could take a look and see if anything needed repairing before we list the house. A couple of small repairs is all it needs! Extreme joy!

 Sunday: I overslept and missed our church service, bummer but was able to watch it later. Technology is a wonderful thing. Later Son2 and DIL2 came over for a bit. Love having them here! BTW we all wear masks and have 

Monday: DIL3 and I went to Aldi to grab some things that we needed for our football meal. Son2, Dil2, and granddad Shelby, came over to eat and watch the College Football Championship game. I know some of you who watch college football are sick and tired of Alabama winning. We are not! Roll Tide Roll! 
Bonus points to DIL3 who knows nothing about college football, yet she watched the entire thing, asked questions to try and understand the game a bit, and cheered with the rest of us!

Tuesday: Mom had a word she used to describe a gloomy gruesome day. She would call it gloosome and to her it was a day meant to be at home doing nothing but looking out the windows, having a fire, something hot to drink, and some hand work (knitting, needlepoint, or mending). My beloved sister called me early in the morning and said it was a "gloosome" day which made us both start laughing. The joy for the day was having a "gloosome" day at home (I did not have anything pressing to do) and having some laughs with my sister.

Wednesday: The day was really cold (for us) which caused me to change some plans. I intended to cook tuna steaks on the grill, but I do not cook outside  when it is cold. I was just going to broil them when Son3 volunteered to man the grill, because we all know tuna cooked on the grill tastes better than tuna cooked under the broiler. They were perfect! Fortunately, we like them on the rare side so  4 minutes was all it took. My joy was being able to eat delicious food without being the one to freeze while cooking it.

Thursday: I was very lucky to get the first round of the covid vaccine. . Whoever thought getting a shot would be so joyful!

I hope you all have a joy filled week. If you just look for joy you are guaranteed to find it in the most unusual places>



22 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a busy week. Enjoy your weekend. Good to hear about the wearing of the masks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured if I was talking about having others here (even though they use PPE because of their jobs and have more than occasional Covid tests, I should stress that we do not visit unmasked, including yelling during a ball game through masks.

      Delete
  2. I love your joys this week and always love reading about them. Now I'm going to be craving hot boiled peanuts and there isn't anywhere around my area to get them! I think I really like DIL3. How fun that she takes an interest in the games and cheers along with you. Have a great weekend Anne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I give her tons of credit for at the very least acting like she was interested. I have 3 very wonderful DIL's so I am beyond blessed and lucky!

      Delete
  3. Lots of lovely joys, Anne. Congratulations on being able to get the first round of the vaccine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless! Getting the vaccine early is about the only perk of TheHubs job

      Delete
  4. Looks like a very joyous week!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truthfully I wish I could go back to at least halfway what life before Covid was like because TheHub and I did some things that we really did enjoy. Since I can't, I am finding smaller joys, but finding them just the same.

      Delete
  5. You are so lucky. I am so frustrated I want my shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made me an Alabama fan, lol! They are a darn good team.

    Lucky you, getting your first shot of the vaccine. I don't expect to have the opportunity until April at the earliest. Oh, I'm going to steal the gloosome...we get a fair number of those days here.

    Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roll Tide! It was a fun season for us.
      By all means use the gloosome. It is a wonderful description for a worse then gloomy but not quite gruesome day.

      Delete
  7. When I started reading, I wondered how you got the vaccine. AL did well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your first vaccination. Your Peanut Depot reminds me of Greencastle Coffee Roasters in Greencastle, Pennsylvania. They had a peanut roaster on the sidewalk. Going there was such fun. I hope it still exists.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love going to Peanut Depot. It is like a walk back in time.

      Delete
  9. I'm getting my Covid vaccine Monday and the second one is scheduled for mid-February whoo hoo. I dislike our governor but he did change the queue for seniors over 65. I had to keep trying but managed to get on the website and complete the application. My son in California has had his second one already and my nurse sister got her first one a couple of weeks ago. This is Saturday and I'm thinking about baking something- would you believe i have a dozen bags of chocolate chips. Guess I was afraid I'd run out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. You are talking to someone who has over 30 pounds of butter in her freezer, so I get the chocolate chip overstock!
      Glad you are set for Monday!

      Delete
  10. So happy you are able to get the COVID vaccine! May we quickly be able to get it distributed & move more towards normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think normal is going to be different from not on, but I just am waiting for the day when we can safely do things like go to to the theater.

      Delete
  11. I think we all need a little gloosome occasionally. Nothing wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.