Translate

Friday, September 3, 2021

Hunting for Joys

I try to keep a list of the daily things that bring me joy. Some days are filled with them and some days I have to hunt them down. This week was a mixed week with a few days overflowing and others not so much. No matter what, there are always things that make me happy. And now that the 35th week of the year is in the books here are my joys.




Friday: We had a slightly extended family dinner. Son2 and DIL2 joined us and so did my beloved sister and BIL. Lots of good food with laughs was the perfect end for DIL3’s and Son3’s visit. 

Saturday: I kept Disney+ after we watched Hamilton for the simple reason that Pip and I could watch the same movies and talk about them sometimes. I figure it is a small price to pay each month, especially in these times when we are not traveling to see her in person. I watched Cruella and was very surprised at how much I liked it. The next time I talk/Facetime with Pip I am armed and ready.

Sunday: I am not sure what happened on Sunday. I spent a good deal of time getting the house back in some semblance of order and my sister and I had an accidental open house at Mom's. We had one the previous Sunday and I had not listed the date, but just listed it as open Sunday. I forgot to take the open house notice down and had several calls about it during the week, so we showed the house anyway. Afterward TheHub and I watched the end of the FedEx golf tournament, ate leftovers, then watched The Queen. Wow, Helen Merrin is one fine actress! She definitely gave an Oscar worthy performance!

Monday: I tried to mitigate my joy that Alabama was not severely impacted because so many in its wake are damaged and hurting. But I am glad our coast was spared the brunt of it. 

Tuesday: I began my day with a FaceTime call from Pip. They had opted for her to do 5 year kindergarten in a Montessori school with the plans to begin first grade in public school. By September of 2020  the school was going to be remote learning, so they created a small private school with just 6 students and a teacher. It was a good first grade experience and she learned much more than she would have learned remotely (She is a very social creature and withers when she is not around people). After the FT call I am not sure who looked more nervous for her first day of public school, Pip or her parents!
My sister and I decided to finally list Mom's house with an agent. He has a different structure with his agency which suited us to a T. 

Wednesday: Amazing! We had many showings Wednesday and by Wednesday night we had two offers. One was over ask, and  the  other was seriously under. The under was so far under that we were not even willing to counter. 
Also thanks to Lorraine at We Are Clamco for the movie suggestion, I watched 306 Hollywood. I think going though all of Mom's things and dealing with her house, the movie probably spoke louder to me than it would to a lot of people.

Thursday: This was not a particularly exciting day, but even routine days have small joys. I am counting getting all the donations boxed and ready for the Friday pick up as my main joy for the day. Now I just need to start my September decluttering. If I hurry I might be able to add the items for Sept.1, 2, and 3rd to the pile on the front porch. I guess I should close this right now and scoot upstairs. It should be a pretty easy search mission to find a couple of things to give away

So have a great week and go find your joys. They are out there if we just look for them.

24 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so excited that there is movement on your mom's house. I know some folks are nervous about buying a house without an agent so perhaps that was what was holding them up.

    I recall when my youngest went to school for the first time and I'm pretty certain I was more nervous than he. It sounds like Pip is a pretty confident child and will do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow two offers on your mom's house (even if one was duff) - not bad at all. If I remember from the pictures you posted it is a lovely home, so I'm sure you'll have no problem selling. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope everything goes well with the sale! So glad that you had a good offer!
    How fun to watch the same movies so you can talk with Pip.
    Hope she has a great school year.
    We are big Disney fans here, and we got the Disney + deal for less than $4/month, so I have been enjoying Mandalorian and WandaVision, plus all the Marvel stuff. Guess I am still a child at heart.
    Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must be a kid at heart too because last night I watched A Kid in King Arthurs Court. Predictable, yes, but I still enjoyed it.

      Delete
  4. Great joys! My joy is finally feeling like I can breathe after vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOORAY for joys. Have you accepted the higher offer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest we really did like the people with the lower offer, but it is just too low. I think Mom would love having them live in her house.
      We are waiting until Saturday to make a firm decision

      Delete
  6. Yay for house offers! So glad it's getting action.... Won't be long before you rv over to see Pip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we decided to just drive my car instead of RVing there immediately. Of course this will require TheHub to actually take some vacation time.

      Delete
  7. Glad to hear about the offers for the house! I watched Cruella with my daughter and enjoyed it very much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Helen Mirren ... class act! Never heard of 306 Hollywood, but after watching the trailer I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is fabulous.
      I am not are 306 Hollywood would have had the same impact on me if we had not just gone through even single thing Mom had accumulated over her lifetime.

      Delete
  9. Facetime with Pip, offers on the house--indeed joyous things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house offer was great, but the FaceTime call as she stood outside the school on her first day was priceless.

      Delete
  10. I really enjoyed Cruella as well-quite a different take on the story. How wonderful t connect with your sweetie. I hope DS3 and DIL3 have safe travels back, and it is not too long before you will see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When we babysit at my son's house next week I am hoping to see some movies on their Disney+. I love watching golf. The Queen is an excellent movie. Glad you got some offers. Hope your weekend goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I envy you being close enough to babysit. Have a wonderful time with him!

      Delete
  12. Good luck with the sale of the house -- that looks very stressful and I hope you finish it soon.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.