Translate

Friday, September 17, 2021

Late Joys for Week 37

As most of you know I keep a list of my daily joys and post them on Fridays. You won't see the reason I was  delayed until next week's post, but trust me. It was a legitimate delay.

This week like all weeks had some wonderful things and some difficult things, but joys abound even if is it just laughing at yourself for some serious faux pas. 

So I am saying "Hello" to week 38 which begins a new chapter of my life, and "Goodbye" to week 37, which closes the door on another.



 Friday: TheHub came home for work a little earlier than normal and we rode around a little bit. He is still not back to his norm, so we just hung around talking, then watching a show.

Saturday: Game day once again. We watched Alabama play Mercer with Son2 and DIL2.  Roll Tide! I loved the quote from Alabama's head coach at the end of the game, referring to their less than stellar performance before meeting Florida next Saturday. "If they don't shake themselves, they're gonna get shook". After the Bama game we watched the Arkansas/ Texas game. I did not see that coming!

Sunday: We streamed our church's service before starting our day. I miss being there live and in person, but I am not ready to return. After the services TheHub and I worked independently around the house before watching The Patriots and Miami play ball. Normally I do not watch NFL games, but Mac and Tua (both former Alabama quarterbacks) faced each other. It was a good game and I had no dog in the hunt, so I did not care who won or lost. They both played well.

Monday: The only joy for the day was that it was finally over. We had to meet with the family trust attorney and the title attorney, followed by a meeting with the banker. Probably the one true bright spot of the day was after the meeting with the title lawyer we were by our church. My Beloved Sister and I went to the columbarium and visited with Mom and Dad. It was very peaceful and not something I do often. 

Tuesday: I met My Beloved Sister at Mom's so we could get the garbage cans on the street before pickup, then we went in the house to start moving some of the few remaining things, before starting round 2 with the trust attorney and the dreaded title attorney. The title attorney is upset because Dad's name is no longer on the trust as a trustee. Kinda hard to be a trustee when you are no longer alive. When we finally got to the title lawyer's office I had to tell him if this did not suit him  he needed to practice his skills raising the dead, because there was nothing left that we could do.

Wednesday: The day began with a little chaos on my part. (Totally self induced humiliation#1) Then I learned a valuable life lesson. When talking with a friend relaying a humiliating event, make sure you are not on speaker phone. It is possible/probable/certain a friend's husband knows much more about me than I would have shared had I known! (Humiliation #2 for the day) He is supposedly sworn to secrecy, which I hope he keeps. I hate to use my powers for anything but good.
Well at least the worst things of the day were out of the way! I managed to get through the rest of the day without further injury to myself or my ego. Happy Birthday to me!

Thursday:  We moved the last bit of Mom's stuff out of her house  and put it mainly in my car, where it still is. We have laughed because as we were loading a small torrent began so we were soaking wet by the time we got it loaded. Then I drove home and the rains began even harder. We figure Mom was having g her last poke at us! Message received, Mom!  I got out of the car and came inside leaving everything in it. If you are already soaked you can get any wetter, but I did not want any additional rain on the paintings . 
All in all it was a good day, m we said our goodbyes to the house and left! 

Look for your daily joy. It is out there  every single day, if you just look for it



25 comments:

  1. I have said things on a speaker phone that made me want to die with humiliation. It is not a good feeling! I wonder why the person does not scream to stop the rest of my words. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IIt was a little embarrassing but I can either laugh at my idiocy or cry. I guess I had rather just laugh at my mistakes.

      Delete
  2. Oh the fun of meetings now when people thought they were on mute. I've heard some interesting back ground conversations. One of my grantees was heard giving her opinion about me and members if my team. Nothing horrible, but a bit sarcastic and condescending. Later she sent me a very humble apology as someone must have pointed out the transgression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And sorry for your hard week. I like your thinking the rain was a message from your mom.

      Delete
    2. Difficult weeks come and difficult weeks go. It is all good one way or another.

      Delete
  3. Sigh on the humiliation. Been there, done that.
    And hooray for the ever present joys.
    I liked your comment to the title lawyer. I had similar conversations with an energy company who insisted they could only talk to my mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have no idea how someone who died 6 years ago could be considered a trustee or even names in the trust

      Delete
  4. One of my enduring favorite songs! Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a week!
    I would have loved to have seen that title lawyer's face when you told him to practice his skills in raising the dead...you got moxie!
    Hope everything has been resolved ok, and I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had just exhausted all the possibilities legally according to the terms of the trust and he wanted something that was impossible

      Delete
    2. Hehee I wish I too had been there to see the lawyer’s face at that moment. 😁

      Delete
    3. I think he was more surprised than anything!

      Delete
  6. Happy belated birthday! Glad you found those joys this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you've got us all wondering about the story that was overheard. Must be a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can rest assured I would never put the tale on any social media! The story itself was just about a little personal humiliation related to a birthday and aging. Being overheard just kinda was the icing on top of it, though I have laughed repeatedly at it.

      Delete
  8. Not realizing you're on speaker phone is a bit like hitting "reply to all" on an email when you have something negative to say isn't it! You learn very quickly never to put anything negative in writing and NEVER to reply to all - or at least to check before doing so. And yep, I reckon your mom was having a last laugh at your expense!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least what I said was about myself!
      I do think Mom was enjoying My Beloved Sister and I being soaked while loading the remnants and leaving her house.

      Delete
  9. Happy belated Birthday!

    It sounds like you had an interesting and eventful week. Hopefully the title lawyer learned a lesson to pay attention to details. I chuckled - my mom would have sent the rain too, if she could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not saying it was Mom, but if she had just a tiny bit of divine intervention her impish side would definitely have a hand in it!

      Delete
  10. Wow, what a week for you, Anne. My heart goes out to you. I hope everything with your Moms house is finally settled. What a journey you have been through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house is closed and the next chapter of life begins!

      Delete
  11. Good luck with having more joyous times in the future, now that your responsibilities have been taken care of.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope the new family will enjoy the house as much as our family did.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.