Translate

Monday, September 20, 2021

What's Eatin' Us or What We're Eatin'

I am not doing nearly as well getting rid of/eating the frozen foods as I thought I would. You think it might be because we had take out 2 times last week? Well no matter about why, I have to do better about eating in and using some of the foods I have stashed in the freezer (to make room for more food). 
I need to feed us from the freezer every single night this week! (But in reality, it probably won't happen)



 1.  Spaghetti with meat sauce, tossed salad (frozen meat sauce) 
2.  Hamburgers with fixings, corn, cream cheese and jalapeño side dish  (frozen patties, frozen veggies) 
 3.  Bbq ribs, caulitato salad, baked beans (Labor Day meal will buy the ribs already cooked)
 4.  Veggie meal, cornbread TBD based on produce stand and garden availability
 5.  Veggie meal, cornbread TBD based on produce stand and garden availability
 6.  Hamburgers with fixings (frozen patties)
 7.  Taco salad (frozen taco seasoned ground chuck) Turned into a casserole 
 8.  Taco salad (frozen taco seasoned ground chuck)
 9.  Chopped salad with chicken (frozen cooked and seasoned chicken)
10. Pizza, tossed salad (frozen mini pizza crusts, frozen pepperoni)
11. Grilled chicken, brussels sprouts, garlic bread  (frozen boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
12. Stuffed bell peppers, hash browns, coleslaw, green beans (frozen uncooked ground chuck)
13. Fajita baked chicken (thanks Belinda) (frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
14. Grilled steak, baked potato, tossed salad, (frozen  steak)
15. Garden salad, grilled cheese sandwich (lots of cheeses in the fridge)
16. Buffalo chicken, celery sticks, crudités with dip, fruit (frozen chicken tenders)
17. Butter chicken, rice, green vegetable (frozen boneless skinless thighs)
18. Peruvian chicken, mashed potatoes, green vegetable (Frozen boneless skinless thighs)
19. Cedar planked salmon,  mashed potatoes, some green veggie (frozen salmon) 
20. BLT, cucumber onion and tomato salad (frozen cooked bacon)
21. Grilled lamb chops, rice pilaf, green beans, side salad ( frozen rack of lamb)
22. Lamb leftovers 
23. Corned beef, cabbage, potatoes (frozen corned beef)
24. Corned beef leftovers
25. Philly cheesesteak casserole, salad (frozen browned ground chuck)
26. Philly cheesesteak casserole leftovers 
27. Soup and cornbread (frozen chicken broth)

Monday: I had decided Monday would be the night for Peruvian Chicken, but as it turned out I had to slay a few dragons during the day. (Meetings with the attorney for the family trust, the title attorney, and the  banker. If money is only coming in to My Beloved Sister and me, why they hell do I need any sort of documentation from the bank? Nothing is easy, especially when 2 lawyers with vastly different trust interpretations are involved.) By the time I got home the day was mostly gone. I needed something that would defrost quickly.
Grilled chicken tenders, stuffing (found a box in the pantry), tossed salad

Tuesday: This day was almost a carbon copy of Monday with the exception that I was at Moms house early to get some things loaded and out of her house. I understand Shakespeare's disdain for lawyers! Frustration was the name of the day.
Captain D's lobster roll

Wednesday: It was an interesting day. Lots of Dad's scrap wood was picked up by a couple of individuals, we got a few more things moved out of the house and then moved on to a birthday celebration. (Translation:we ordered a meal to go, had a glass of wine and a slice of cake, because we are a wild and crazy couple)
Takeout from Firebirds: Pineapple chicken or sea bass

Thursday: Though we did eat from the pantry the stuff in the freezer was barely touched. 
Kale Alfredo sauce (jarred ) over fettuccine, green beans

Friday: My Beloved Sister and I went out for lunch so I was not hungry at all for dinner.
TheHub had Chinese leftovers from his lunch Thursday, I had ginger ale.

Saturday: Son2 and Dil2 came over to eat, and watch the Alabama game with us.
Burgers and all the fixings, steamed shrimp, baked beans, chips

Sunday: The day was a seriously rainy day. There was no reason to go anywhere so we just hung out doing things around the house.
Taco casserole loaded with veggies


Used from the freezer
1 pack chicken tenders
1 pack green beans
6 burger patties
1 pack cooked ground beef with onions
Ice cream (Though it is not part of food storage I had such a lame freezer week, I included it)

Added to the freezer:
Nothing (big hurrah there)

I guess I will see if I actually cook any of the remaining meals or not. What sounded really good a couple of weeks ago is not as thrilling sounding now.

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all!

22 comments:

  1. A belated happy birthday Anne! But talking of inheritances, one of my colleagues at work was an only child and when her mom died she had to jump through so many hoops, despite being the sole beneficiary of what was frankly a pittance that her mom had left in her bank account. It makes your head spin doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. All we were trying to do was sell the house to the trust. Neither of us are planning on dissolving it, and have no clue why this would be such a huge issue. The trust attorney had no clue either.

      Delete
  2. Good luck.
    And I hope you can avoid the legal eagles from now on. I remember dealing with them after my mother died. And those memories are NOT fond ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just so need to clean both my freezers and I keep saying this and not doing it! This is a good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had recently cleaned mine but they are so overfilled with foods! We have to use it!

      Delete
  4. Yeah....your day(s) sound a lot like what goes on here. P.S. We are conservators for my mother in law and her husband (NOT my husbands father btw). I totally get it. sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had to take care of Mom before she passed away but that was not hard and nothing else except having the house sold to the trust was difficult. That was a PITA

      Delete
  5. We have a couple of trusts and sometimes people know how to deal with them and sometimes they don't. You're almost across the finish line. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only have one more trust issue and then we are finished jumping through hoops. This one should not have been difficult but the long time stockbroker is no longer with the company, so who knows.

      Delete
  6. We love Firebirds! Gosh, given events of Monday-Tuesday, my dinner suggestion would be a bottle of Tanqueray and a long straw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't go there often because we are still not dining in anywhere that has a crowd and they are always packed. But they do offer curbside delivery which is a good alternative.

      Delete
  7. Most of those meals sound good. I have forgotten what I had on my birthday, but it was not good. I'm glad you enjoyed yours. Happy Belated Birthday! I still have not made a little dessert for mine. But, I will live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We traditionally go to Hot and Hot, Botegas, Satterfields or somewhere similar for our birthdays. Covid has changed all that!
      THeHub bought me an Italian Cream cake from Edgars with explicit instructions to take all that was left, to his office, and put it in the break room the next morning. I woke Thursday morning kind of hoping he had forgotten. No dice!

      Delete
  8. You did well even if you didn't have all your meals from the freezer. I've a stuffed freezer, too, and need to use up some zucchini, as soon as the okra and the chard and the tomatoes stop producing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having a garden is great but a little overwhelming at times. I am eating banana peppers like they are going out of style and still have about 50 in the fridge.

      Delete
  9. I'm down for the lamb. I haven't had good lamb chops since I moved here. Thank you for mentioning BLTs. None of my guys like bacon, so I always freeze the leftovers. I'm gonna make myself a BLT sometime this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a rack of lamb in the freezer but need to wait for a beautiful day to gill them outside.
      BLT's are delicious

      Delete
  10. I laughed out your comment that said when you looked at the list of meals, you weren’t nearly as enthusiastic;). That happened to me today. I went to do some planning, read the list and yawned….so I will start again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I looked at the list I wondered what I was thinking!

      Delete
  11. It's been a wild few weeks for me (a couple left), so I also considered the ice cream I ate from the freezer to be a "decluttering" win. ;-) I also used two packages of shredded zucchini in some muffins, so I suppose that also counts.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.