Translate

Sunday, April 10, 2022

Joys!

Well, I forgot to post this yesterday, but it did not mean joyful things weren't happening. It really just means I had filled Saturday with things that were not computer related. So this is the (day late) list of joys for the 14th week of the year. 


Saturday: Beautiful windy morning. On our way to run some errands, we took the scenic route and found another house with a yeti. (This one was painted black and most likely was a Bigfoot, but I like calling it a yeti) It made us both laugh. In the afternoon we watched Bama softball, I had a little power nap and then we watched the basketball semi finals. I had no favorite teams but they were great games.

Sunday: TheHub and I went to see the play Fiddler On The Roof. It is one of our favorites and had a wonderful cast. On the way home from the play we noticed our neighborhood yeti  was wearing Bunny ears. It made me grin. We got home in time to see the last couple of innings of the Alabama softball game.

Monday. This was a lazy day for me (I did laundry and read) then the evening was filled watching Alabama softball and the NCAA championship basketball game. What an exciting game it was!

Tuesday: We went to the Alabama Parkinson fundraiser. I do not usually enjoy fundraisers but this one was really fun. There was the usual silent auction and I "won" two of the things I bid on. The artwork is now hanging in my dining room and when Son1 and family come to town we will have the meal at Food Bar.  

Wednesday: I played with the Barbie head. I had removed her face and repainted a new one. Though I knew how small it was, I did not realize exactly how tiny the actual paint applications would be. I wiped a lot of faces off before I actually painted one I liked. It is still not perfect and I might probably will repaint is later. 

We went out to eat with our Sunday School class. I had not seen some for almost 2 years and it was wonderful to catch up with all of them! We are oh so slowly getting back to doing things. 

Thursday: The day was cooler but gorgeous. I had the most wonderful day exploring with My Beloved Sister. We went several places, found some new and different things, then had lunch out. Ok we ate at about 2:30 so the restaurant would be less crowded, but it was still a fun thing to do.

Friday: What a difference a day makes. The day was cold (for us) and gloomy. When TheHub and I went out Friday night we both had to wear coats. I declare it a personal foul against Mother Nature. I don't do well when I have to change from shorts and flip flops to sweaters and coats in the same week. We still had a good time even though we were so cold we had to light the fireplace when we got home. The heat was a true joy! Yes, we are weather sissies!

So that is the nutshell version of joys for the week here. Keep a lookout for them for they are always around.

May all your weeds be wildflowers,
Anne



24 comments:

  1. I am loving your joys. Our weather is all over the shop too. Hot/cold - much like the children's game...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is bright, sunny and warm! I know in August I am going to be griping about the heat, but I am ready for a little more warmth, and less pollen!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good week. I was just listening to some Lovin' Spoonful on Apple Music.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cold was truly shocking. I thought my body had quit regulating my temperature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While we were out Friday evening it was cold, windy and spitting rain. I was glad to gt back in the house.

      Delete
  4. Fiddler has been my favorite stage play since I first saw it as a teen! Even now, when I see glimpses of the Ukrainian refugees' exodus, I think of that song, Anatevka.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am right there with you! In fact the troop dedicated the performance to the people of The Ukraine/.

      Delete
  5. Great joys. I won some silent auction bids this week too. Fiddler on the roof is always an entertaining play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though I did not get bargains for the silent auction items, they were things I would have purchased anyway and I saved a tiny bit of money in the process.

      Delete
  6. It's been cold and windy here in Florida too! Very unusual weather for April! But warmer days are coming and then I'll be wishing it was cold again! LOL. Sounds like you've had quite a busy and fun week. I loved the movie Fiddler on the Roof, so I can imagine a live play would be great. Not sure I understand about the Barbie head...but it looks pretty good! Where is her hair? Just wondering. Okay...I hope you have a great week as we prepare for Easter. So much to ponder. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I removed her hair and face, repainted the face and am in the process of rerooting the hair. I am trying to figure out how to do it before Pip comes in the summer. It will give us something to do and be something she can take home with her.

      Delete
  7. I must say seeing that bald Barbie head sticking out from that container of pencils was a bit startling! :D Sounds like you managed to have a joyful week, even with the weather turning cold! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing the Barbie head with no face was even more startling. I found sticking it on one of the pencils was a great place for the head. Today I begin rooting her hair. I think I might just be some sort of crazy person for starting this!

      Delete
  8. We haven't made it to shorts and flip-flops yet, so the freezing temperatures last night weren't as upsetting. However, I am ready for consistently warmer weather. So much yard work to be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I am wearing shorts I am done with the cold. I guess Mother Nature had other ideas, but I took it as a personal assault!

      Delete
  9. Lovely list of Joys! And our weather here in Pennsylvania is back and forth too! Sunny and warm then snowy and cold! Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am through with winter and ready to move on. Now I just need a little weather cooperation!

      Delete
  10. Cold is truly relative, when one is acclimated to warmer temperatures. I always find that slightly above freezing is bone-chilling in the fall, but in the spring I feel like dancing. Glad you had a good week of mostly good weather.
    Why do you suppose the sudden appearances of the Yeti? I'm not certain I understand the attraction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yeti on my neighbors house has been there for over a year. I love it and especially love the seasonal headdresses it wears. Until I saw the second one on a house not too far from me I had no idea it was a "thing". Since then I have seen a third one on a commercial building on the Southside of downtown. I guess I am going to have to go on a yeti safari and see how many I can find

      Delete
  11. I love me a good list of joys! The barbie head looks just like you. Please paint one of SLuggy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooohhhh I love the idea of having a yeti in the yard (you may remember the pictures of my new balcony and sidegate with the cows, cats and hedgehogs). As for the doll I know I wouldn't have the dexterity or the patience to do that, so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I now have one row of hair in the stupid doll head and think this might be a project that lasts forever.

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.