Translate

Monday, April 4, 2022

I Plan, I Blink, I Change My Mind

Another week, another plan, another plan ignored!




This is what I had planned for the week:
1.White bbq chicken, potato salad, caulitato salad, coleslaw, baked beans, something dessertish.
2. Ketofied chicken yakisoba, some sort of green veggie side dish (Thanks Hawaii Planner)
3. Salmon filets w/ butter dill sauce, asparagus, sliced tomatoes, cucumber slices 
4. BLT salad dinner
5. Pulled pork, leftover baked beans, leftover potato salad, leftover caulitato salad
6. Out to eat
7. Tacos/ taco salad

This actually happened:
Monday: I needed something quick since I had read pretty much the entire day.
Tacos and fixings

Tuesday:Had the wonderful Sluggy family for dinner. Sadly TheHub overcooked the chicken. Sorry y'all!
White bbq chicken, potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans, strawberry shortcake

Wednesday: I had planned on pulling some shredded pork butt out of the freezer but neither of us cared about it one way or another.
Leftover potato salad and baked beans and coleslaw

Thursday: I was busy playing with a future doll project and did not bother to take anything out of the freezer to make for dinner. Thankfully there are plenty of food take out options all around us.
Jacks, chicken dinner take out

Friday: I had planned a BLT salad, but TheHub had brought some leftovers from a boxed luncheon they had at work.
 Leftover fettuccine alfredo, tossed salad

Saturday: We planned on watching the Duke/NC basketball game and eating afterward. As it turned out neither of us wanted much so this is what happened.
Stuffed baked potato 

Sunday: We had plans for an afternoon event and did not get out until about 4:30. We had eaten a late breakfast and decided we would just pick up something on the way home for an early dinner, and call it a day.
 Arby's roast beef sandwich, sliced apple

What is up for this week?  
We have two events during the week that will include dinner so. . .
1. Parkinson's fundraiser. Some chicken meal most likely
2. Sunday school class social @Mikey's Grill. I am sure TheHub and I will order fish
3. BLT's
4. Grilled chicken, avocado rice, cucumber tomato and onion salad
5. Chicken yakisoba, broccoli, spring greens salad
6. Grilled cheese sandwiches, coleslaw
7.  Carnitas, saffron rice, grilled peppers, onions, and tomatoes

As usual this may or may not happen. We will eat regardless and life will roll on.
Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan or with no plan at all!


19 comments:

  1. No plan here. Which (mostly) works for my lazy self. And yes, we will eat (something) any way.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay all over the doll project, do tell. Also I want to see my SLuggy. Did you have lots of laughs?i

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is wonderful and a lot of fun. . .especially if you hide a few coins around the house. Pip and I are going to do some Barbie restoration when they come this summer. I can't wait! But before she gets here I want to do one, just so I will know what I am doing when she gets here.

      Delete
  3. You're making me hungry again! I could probably enjoy taco salad 7 nights out of 7.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meal plans are just suggestions, right? :) I didn't make a meal plan, last week, and we did just fine! We ate chicken in various forms with rice or tortillas or noodles and sausage with pasta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the plans are simply suggestions. I do it mainly to remind myself to take something out of the freezer, but sometimes I forget. (Sometimes if I don't feel like cooking I even forget on purpose)

      Delete
  5. I seem to over cook chicken when I have guests. I'd rather eat easy all week, but trying to plan. Spaghetti tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't. My mistake was letting TheHub cook it. He gets the grill too hot.

      Delete
  6. You had some good meals planned and the alternatives seemed pretty good too. I watched that game on Saturday. I was hoping that Duke would win. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no dog in the hunt, but it was a great game to watch!

      Delete
  7. I never make plans. It sounds like you had some good meals and hopefully your plans will work out for this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They either will or we will do something else. It really does not matter as long as I don't have food waste.

      Delete
  8. Hello! I am curious about the avocado rice! And you can't ever go wrong with Grilled Cheese sandwiches! Have a cozy evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The avocado rice is a new recipe I am going to try. WIll let you know if it worked or was just extra steps for not a lot of added flavor.

      Delete
  9. If we ever ate what I planned, Tommy would probably have a heart attack. But, like you, we do eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the plans change on a dime, especially if TheHub had business lunches that were heavier than normal.

      Delete
  10. Yeah, that menu plan is often a suggestion, like a recipe. The leftover roasted chicken morphed into an Italian chicken pasta bake. Time for bacon/bean soup using the leftover frozen baked beans & roasted ham broth & chopped tomatoes from the freezer. Only needed to add one can of baked beans. Roasted salmon was made into a "salad" for toast & pita bread. Salad using lettuce, purple cabbage, snap peas, radishes, green onions. Added Asian sesame dressing to the salad & salmon in a pita - delicious. I think it's time for bbq.

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.