Translate

Saturday, April 30, 2022

April's Over But Joys Continue

Week 17 has come and gone and took April with it! This was another week of small joys, but it was still a good week overall. As soon as April leaves, summer starts sneaking in, and right now we are just one millisecond from the heat and humidity it brings. I figure one of my joys is really appreciating these last few days of spring.




Saturday: TheHub and I did our usual running around, including a stop at Costco. Who in their right mind goes to Costco on Saturday when they can go other days? (Well, other than TheHub.) Afterward, I told him I will never go on a weekend again. 
We grabbed lunch while we were out, then came home to do some chores before settling in to watch Alabama softball. Texas A&M beat them to a pulp.

Sunday: Our Sister In Law's father passed away on Friday and we knew we would not be able to go to the funeral. Instead we drove to Livingston to visit with them for a bit. Even though his passing was a sad blessing, it was still hard on her because she lost both parents within a 4 month span. While we were there we listened to "Bud" stories and laughed remembering him. He was a wonderful man.
We returned home in the late afternoon, cleaned a bit (very little bit) changed clothes and walked to our neighbors for a meal on their terrace. They had invited another couple also and we spent the evening talking and laughing and eating their Friday night party leftovers.  What a great way to spend an evening.

Monday: It was an uneventful day. I had no where to go and no people to see, but I had a chair on the screened porch, iced tea and a good book! I really did not need anything else.

Tuesday: The digital download from the library was due back Tuesday and had 4 people waiting for it, so I HAD to finish the book. I am pretty sure I would have been breaking some library law if I hadn't. And I just couldn't bear the thought of being a law breaker.

Wednesday: Another solo day and another book. This one was not due back, but I could not put it down! I read it through and decided I needed to quit binge reading for a while. However, it is pretty easy to do massive amounts of laundry while reading. I might need to rethink this and just put a chair in the laundry room.

Thursday: Finally a non-binge reading somewhat productive day. I got a good bit in the house done and should have worked outdoors because it was a drop dead gorgeous type of day. Instead I did some minimal work outside, sat in the rocking chair on the screened porch and promptly fell asleep. 
I go to bed very late and normally have no troubles sleeping for about 5 or 6 hours. Lately I have been having nightmares and wake from a sound sleep at about 4 with adrenaline surging through me. There is no going back to sleep so I have just been getting up and getting on with the day, but by about 2 in the afternoon I am toast. Thursday was one of those days.

Friday: The nightmares continued, with me waking at about 4:30. Bummer! 
Have you ever felt compelled to do something and had no idea why, but you did it anyway. Yesterday I could not keep myself from doing 3 loads of towels (Yes I know I have a lot of towels.  I use a clean one each time I shower. If you have to blame anyone blame Mom because that is how I grew up.) I was thrilled I had done them all because Friday when I started to move a load of laundry from the washer to the dryer I found the dryer was as dead as a doornail. I have a collapsible drying rack for laundry to dry on, but I would have hated to try and dry loads of towels on it. I am glad I listened to my inner urgings.
TheHub and I went out to eat fairly early at our new local hangout. We ate early and did not want to go home when there was still a lot of beautiful daylight left. Instead we drove to a small lake near our house to watch the birds and all the precious children walking with their parents while feeding the ducks and geese. The swans are a bit haughty though, and refuse to accept the kids offerings. It was a great ending before going home .
When we returned our neighbors were outside with their new puppy. I love dogs and puppies just melt my heart. We got to spend a few minutes talking to them and watching and loving on Barkley.

That is about it for the past week. Look for your joys because they are always out there.

May all your weeds be wildflowers,
Anne


21 comments:

  1. It seems my children always threw towels on the floor or they somehow slipped there, so I always had lots of towels often. Using a new towel is not a bad habit in my book. The weather has been beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was gorgeous until Saturday when it threatened to rain here most of the day. Sunday we woke to thunderstorms, but by the early afternoon it was gorgeous again.

      Delete
  2. Love your joys - and the idea of a chair (and a cuppa) in the laundry is an excellent one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go to sleep late and so often wake around 4 am. Thankfully, I don't have many nightmares. But, rarely can I go back to sleep at that time of the morning. It drives me crazy and ruins the day since I need a nap. I wish I had a porch upon which to sit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a perfect, perfectly smallish porch and I do love sitting there.

      Delete
  4. I can relate to the waking up at 4 bit after weird dreams. Glad mine weren't scary. New puppy to love on is terrific. I get a kick out of them as well. Good for you for bingeing on books. Perfect days are meant for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been better if I worked in the yard, but I guess sitting on the porch, reading and glancing at the back yard counts as being outside at least.

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful week you’ve had. I love puppies too and would have loved playing with one. They bring me so much joy. I’m sorry your dryer is dead, ugh. So frustrating. I hope you can get it back up running soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only had 2 dryers in the entirety of our marriage. It can either be fixed or we will have to buy another. I will not complain either way!

      Delete
  6. I, too, have one of those collapsible drying racks in the sun room. Since our washer/dryer are in the kitchen, I'll go to all sorts of means to avoid over-heating the house. Speaking of dryers, we didn't buy top-of-the-line 4 years ago, but something in the middle; I can't tell you how many times it's died and been brought back to life. 'Wish I could find something manufactured in 1950's when they still made quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We started counting the years and this one has been running like a champ for 27 years

      Delete
  7. I had a weird dream the day before yesterday. I saw a friend pregnant. I called her up to see how she is doing and we laughed at the dream together. I do not think, she would like to have another baby at 50 with a teenager at home. Hope the drier is easily fixable. Our dishwasher at this apartment is acting up. Next time I am in town, I will have it checked. Binge reading is awesome. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dryer has been a good and faithful appliance so either way it goes I am ok! I prefer it can be repaired because it was purchased long ago before computer panels were part of dryers.

      Delete
  8. With your beautiful weather wouldn't those towels have dried quickly on the drying rack (or is it too humid)? And how sad for your sister-in-law to lose both parents in such a short space of time! I'm so sorry for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I realized the dryer was broken we started having overcast humid weather. I set the rack on the screened porch so they would not gt wet if the rains came and towels would have dried eventually, but I am so glad I did not have to. With the high winds, the clothes from the regular wash of mixed laundry were dry in about 5 hours.
      I am sorry for my SIL also.

      Delete
  9. I truly enjoy reading your weekly joys. I am considering doing another monthly joy list for May. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will. I find it a lot of fun to reread them at the end of the year

      Delete
  10. My next door neighbors foster puppies, so we get good doses of puppy fun without any of the responsibility. They just got a new one yesterday. One of many joys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't think there is anything cuter than babies and puppies!

      Delete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.