Translate

Monday, April 11, 2022

What's For Dinner?

Planning___I am not sure why I do it, since I am as likely to go off plan as to stay on it. Actually, I am more likely to ignore it. What I think sounds good on Monday usually either does not sound great later in the week, or time and desire to cook had left me.  Still I check to see what I have on hand and plan around it. (Knowing I will most likely change my mind, and change things around. Oh well! )



This is what was planned:. 
1. Parkinson's fundraiser. Some chicken meal most likely
2. Sunday school class social @Mikey's Grill. I am sure TheHub and I will order fish
3. BLT's
4. Grilled chicken, avocado rice, cucumber tomato and onion salad
5. Chicken yakisoba, broccoli, spring greens salad
6. Grilled cheese sandwiches, coleslaw
7.  Carnitas, saffron rice, grilled peppers, onions, and tomatoes

This is what really happened:
Monday:  We wanted something simple and quick so we could watch Alabama Softball and the NCAA basketball championship. We had some perfect tomatoes so this was the perfect meal
BLT, bbq potato chips

Tuesday:  The Parkinson fundraiser had been on our calendar for quite a while, but the meal was a very pleasant surprise.
Really delicious small plate dishes from various restaurants

Wednesday: We had a long overdue social with our Sunday school class. Great company, conversation, and food.
Mikeys crab cake and house salad, or grouper Oscar and house salad

Thursday: I had spent the day out with My Beloved Sister and just did not feel like cooking
Grilled cheese sandwiches, coleslaw

Friday: TheHub and I did a little running around after he got home form work Friday evening. It was cold and damp and neither of us wanted to go anywhere to eat, but did not want to wait until I got something cooked. 
Captain D’S two piece fish dinner col slaw and green beans

Saturday: Though the sun was out the day was still much cooler than I thought it would be. When TheHub suggested having chili I was totally onboard, especially since I had frozen enough for a meal the last time I made it.
Chili, coleslaw 

Sunday: The day was gorgeous and warm again. We worked in the yard and got some things planted and  realized it was the perfect day to toss something on the grill. Thankful the freezer was stocked with options.
Steak, tossed salad, dinner roll

Possibilities for this week:
1. Chicken yakisoba (I am going to make this come Hell or high water)
2. Squash casserole, green beans, coleslaw, cornbread
3. Black and blue salad (had some leftover steak form Sunday's dinner)
4.Grilled hamburger patty, tossed salad saffron rice
5. Spaghetti w/ meat sauce, tossed salad
6. Out to eat or takeout
7 grilled tuna, avocado rice, cucumber tomato onion salad

Have a great week staying on plan, going off plan, or with no plan at all!


11 comments:

  1. It seems I am never in a mood to cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your week of meals always sounds good. Sadly the rotten nausea continues here and cooking and eating are NOT appealing. They are done, but...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have freezers full of food and I am not inspired to cook anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both Monday and Tuesdays plan has meat too frozen to do anything with. I'll make do with fruit ad leftovers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came home to an empty fridge. I didn't want to go out for a grocery run because I felt tired. So, I quickly mixed up a pizza dough, let it rise on the radiator and made a simple cheese pie. Threw on some chicken breast and I was perfectly satisfied. Now I need to make a grocery list and plan some meals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that you are able to get out a bit these days to eat. Let's just hope that the numbers stay down, so that can continue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can not wait until I live alone and grilled cheese sandwiches are an acceptable meal! I especially like grilled cheese with tomato soup. Two comfort foods at once!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totday (Mar 12) is grilled cheese day so I know what we're having for dinner tonight. I'm in the midst of painting a bedroom and know darn well, I won't feel like cooking anything else.

    Probably the biggest reason I don't plan meals is I have to want to eat it that day. Best I can do is figure it out the night before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zesty shrimp pasta, cheesy corn risotto, pork chops with onions & mushrooms, BBQ ribs, cauliflower/broccoli soup. That will get me through to the holiday weekend when someone else can do the cooking! I'm eating down the freezer. A meatloaf will be on the menu next week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your meal plans always sound so good! This week, we are having leftover Thai food and chicken curry! Maybe some salmon on Saturday night, since that will be daughter's last day at home and she loves salmon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My meal planning usually doesn't work out -- I'm almost never in the mood to cook what I planned. So I punt. I'm good at punting. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey y'all thanks for leaving a comment. They are much appreciated. I read them all and do my best to respond to them, except for trolls or spam and I delete those suckers forever.