I actually had variations of the meals I had planned 4 out of 7 possible times. I think I tied my previous record of staying on plan. When I make the plan I look in the fridge to see what needs to be used first and foremost. Next comes checking the freezer inventory to see what is available.
Currently I am buying very little and focusing on using what we have. Because the green beans and okra in the garden are really amping up their production, they will be included at a minimum of once a week. But as we know everything can change at the drop of a hat.
As you have seen, I am not particularly chained to any meal plan.
What was planned:
1. Greek meatloaf, rice pilaf or caulirice pilaf, green beans, tossed salad
2. Crustless tomato pie, salad
3. Crustless zucchini pie, cooked carrots, salad,
4. Field peas, okra, sliced tomatoes, sliced cukes, coleslaw, keto cornbread
5. Hamburgers and fixings, cottage fries or roasted radishes
6. BBQ chicken, caulitato salad, brioche buns or keto buns or brown buttered noodles, salad, green beans
7. Take out, or out to eat
What we really ate:
Monday: We are lucky. The okra is too tall for Mr. Groundhog to reach and it has finally come into its own.
Field peas (or none), fried okra (keto version) cold slaw, tomato slices, keto cornbread
Tuesday: This was one of those tray a new, to me, recipe
Crustless zucchini pie, green beans with carrots, cucumber slices
Wednesday: TheHub called me in the early afternoon to say he wanted to go somewhere to break up his workweek. Instead of dining out, we did a little shopping then picked something up to bring home.
Take out from Chipotle (chicken keto salad or chicken bowl
Thursday: As much as I love meatloaf, this might be my favorite way to have it.
Greek meatloaf*, rice pilaf or caulirice pilaf, Basque peppers, cuke and tomato slices
Friday: I had prefaced some chicken thighs while I baked the meatloaf Thursday night. Dinner was just a shred and zap away.
BBQ chicken sandwiches, pickles, pickled okra, chips ( or none)
Saturday: I had plenty of tomatoes to make the tomato pie, but we had eaten a late lunch, I was uninspired, and lazy.
BLT salad with primary focus on the L
Sunday: I had just finished the caulitato salad and was getting the burger patties out of the freezer when Son2 called to tell us we were on our way to drop something off at our house. (We are their storage unit while TGS is occupying their guest room) We did not have enough to ask them to eat here, but had wanted to take them out to our new favorite haunt anyway. Bonus: TGS had officially moved into their house and was with them.
Out to eat at The Electric
I am experiencing a bit of food apathy right now and nothing sounds good or bad. Right now these are my ideas, which probably will change.
1. Asian lettuce wraps, tomatoes and cokes
2. Fathead dough pizza, tossed salad
3. Squash, green beans, okra, pimento cheese biscuits
4. Tomato pie, mixed greens
5. Hamburgers with fixings, caulitato salad
6. Thai chicken salad
7. Take out or out to eat
* Some of you asked about the Greek meatloaf. I had posted the recipe a couple of years ago here